1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hornets 102, Rockets 94

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

DA did his job, shot well, decent boards, we all knowhe's not a defender and never will be...can't hate one someone for not doing what they can't do.

You're implying AB has been looking like a back up, as in lately, but he's played well, tonight he didnt overall, but he's been much more consistent this year. Defensively he's always been challenged.

2. red

red Contributing Member

3. sw847

sw847 Member

Good game by jj

not too woried about martin. He will find his position in the offense and start playing well.

but BROOKES? damn. a couple of month ago, people on this board was talking about him being a top 3 point guard in this league. are you kidding me?

This is not a hate on AB. he is a good player. But i am really sick of him dribbling to the base line under the basket and picking up the ball. Too many mistakes. Also is it me or does ab dribble too much. I feel that he takes too much time off the clock trying to go 1on1. Again, I love AB as a player, but like someone else have said, he should be playing a jason terry type role, come off the bench purely for instant offense. He should not be running an offense as a starter.

4. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Why am I so ticked off!!!!!! The Rockets have lost plenty of games this season, but this one ticks me off the most. This was so ugly to watch. I guess I have had some high expectations after the trade.

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Don't you know? Having Ariza at the 4 and letting him chuck up threes is the key to victory.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL at the Chucker and can't rebound.

7. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I have to disagree. Where do you get "next to useless" from? For that to be the case, he would need to have some uses. But I think he is completely useless.

8. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Did RA secretly order AB to tank? WTF

9. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Are let Brooks come off the bench, I love him but I don't remember seeing him playing this bad of defense in a long time. Oh I forgot, he got raped by T J Ford yesterday :rolleyes:

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Ariza really really needs to takes on Battiers role on this team. Just play bulldog D, don't shoot unless you are wide open and do all of the little things. He can distribute and rebound and has some great athleticism going to the basket. Lots of positives if he would just stop chucking up 12-15 shots a game. Hopefully RA will realize this and give the green light to Martin and Bud over Ariza.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah his glorious 3 rebounds was a magnaficent feat.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

lol.so true

13. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

look at the bright side............................o wait there is none except jared jeffries

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Ariza gets too much love from the coach...
    I really want to question RA why.....

15. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

My prediction for next seasons lineup

PG: Lowry/Brooks
    SG: Martin
    SF: Ariza
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Yao

I'm not sure who we trade for Bosh. But I'm sure it will involve battier/ariza and some if not all of our 1st round picks.

Thoughts on what the lineup will be???

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

WTF...he's a shooting guard not a PF. I guess next you'll be complaining about his blocking ability? 3-5 rpg is good for a SG and thats what he gets.

Also, Brooks has looked like a backup PG the last two games, not most of the season.

Still overall i'd start Lowry over Brooks...

17. TheKevinMartin

Why not try hill on the court?
    Martin was still not on his pace.
    Ariza go back to bench.

18. BK219

BK219 Member

Who would send us a star for that?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We are not trading Ariza.

If anything hopefully Collison continues to dominates and the Hornets being the cheap wack jobs they are will give us CP3 for Brooks and Battier or something.

20. devilsdandruff

Toronto gladly would.