1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Heat 125, Rockets 119

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2011.

1. adboy

adboy Member

He missed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many wide open layups that could've made a big difference

2. favhr#12

favhr#12 Member

The rockets played with heart if this loss means the season is over than im proud to BELIEVE that 90% of team gave it there all

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

No you dont. I tell you what, get a pen and pad and watch martin in the last 6 mins of a game. In fact, watch the last 9 minutes of this game and tell me how many he scored or how many he created.

4. alethios

alethios Member

I really hate ESPN - they do nothing but talk up the Heat during the game highlights, never mention the Rockets players or show a Rockets highlight which involves them scoring. ESPN acts like the Rockets didn't even show up but IIRC, they stayed neck & neck pretty much the whole game and even had the lead in the 3rd (for a short time).

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Did you see how Lee played for most of the game? (there was very small stretch of good D) He wasn't boxing out or Ding up Wade. Wade would fly in for a quadriillion second chance points. He wasn't playing D and he wasn't being aggressive on Offense. Chase missed some chippies but he was getting buckets and actually played Lebron better than anyone else on or team could have.

Everyone placing blame on Chase/Scola is misguided; they played exactly the way they always play. We had to win this game with our bench because Miami has none. Pat and Lee were the biggest disappointment for me, by far; they didn't play even a mediocre game. If they show up, even marginally, we win.

6. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Yeah, I am going to dispute the fact that the Grizzlies have been getting lucky for the past 3 months.

7. what

what Member

Man, rockets fans sucking on a wad of sour grapes. I still don't know how any true basketball fan that sees the grizzlies play basketball can hate on their effort. The grizzlies didn't get lucky. Everyone of our starters with the exception of Mike Conley has missed time this season, our best player went down to a season ending injury, our bench, Sam young just went down tonight, our top rookie Henry has been down for a couple of months, also Grevis Vasquez and numerous other player issues, the OJ fight, can rockets fans say that about yall's team? The grizzlies play hard and the right way and whatever we get going into the playoffs we deserve, in spades.

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I really cant blame anyone. No I really cant or someone wont like it. Lord knows in a non playoff season there is nobody to blame for why we got here. Its all bad luck and not how good you are at your job. According to the superstitious bunch. Those other teams with good GMs and players got there with luck. I cant blame anyone or the superstitious bunch will say I am jinxing them.

The way I figure is winners are winning because they make their own luck by doing their jobs right.

That's not what the superstitious bunch would say though. They would say that its nobody's fault. If you blame Yao for his leg falling apart and us doing nothing about it? Then you dont know how luck plays a role in everything the Rockets are supposed to do. You cant predict it because only luck and not being good at your job determines how the Rockets seasons end up.

Me? I for once would just like some people to be better at their jobs. Rather than rely on luck and rabbits foots to get us through our next season. If excuses happen again? Hey. What do I know? It was just unlucky and not anyone being sucky at their job. Right?

Rick and Morey need to just do their jobs better next year. Right? Or am I wrong and you want Yao back and rely on luck again? It would be lucky if he comes back healthy again right. That is when luck would play a role.

Nevermind. They dont understand. Just rely on luck and say its nobodys fault.

9. houseofglass21

Chase doesn't deserve to be a starter, period. He's just not good enough

10. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

At the end of the day, they had 2 and a 1/2 superstars, we had none.
    They had 1 and a 1/2 closers, we had none.

11. Altius

Altius New Member

Hey thanks for updates .. like this forum very much..

12. PeppermintCandy

He's been doing a fantastic job since the trade deadline.

But he probably needs a few games to get over his ankle sprain.

13. worzel gummidge

If you go back and look up the GSW game thread. You'll see they're manufacturing blame on Scola that doesn't exist. It's lame.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Martin seemed to stumble through the second half of the 4th quarter, Kyle had an off night from deep, and Patterson was starstruck watching James, Wade, and Bosh do their thing. Watching and not playing. Despite that, we came close to upsetting Miami. I don't understand the angst and hand wringing. Did everyone really expect the Rocks to have more than a slim chance of defeating the Heat? All things considered, I thought we played them pretty well. The pity of it all is that we're running out of games.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

defense....

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I thought overall the Rockets played pretty well. This was a game they were supposed to lose, I mean did you guys honestly expect the Rox to win this game?

I know the season is winding down and looks a whole lot like last year, gritty team, with a big whole in the middle, but we all knew that.

The team is getting incrementally better, hopefully the young guys will get better and the Rox will continue to improve and we will have a season to watch next year.

DD

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

G'day mate, good to hear from you again.

I do hope my Rockets make the Playoffs and play to full potential, we could win it all God willing. Once in the playoffs it is anyone's title to take.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Deckard, saying martin stumbled through the 4th is putting it kind. He stumbles through every 4th qt at the 6 minute mark unless its a runaway. Kevin Martin is like a 3rd and 25 draw play in the nfl. Coaches will run that play on their side of the field to play safe and punt. Well, the rb who get those carries look great at the end of the day stat wise. The stat watchers will see 6 carries for 45 yds and wonder why he doesnt get more carries. Thats martin in a nutshell.

I've been tracking his 6 minute,4qt production and he's been terrible. Now if the rockets are up and the other team has to foul, great. If its close and plays need to be made, forget it. I think thats why we see lowry doing even more late game. He realize that late in games, teams are staying on martin and chase and forcing him into being a scorer. To his credit, he has stepped up and played great in those situations.

While I'm rambling, let me get this off my chest and its not just this game. The game gets too big for courtney and he shrinks. Wwe hear about his ability to defend and his athleticism, but when given the chance,he shrinks. No one expected him to stop wade, a guy similar is size and what,but really. Where were the rocket in his shorts? He looked like a deer in headlights. I thought Patterson would do better, but he's a rookie. Lee looked like the same scared rookie against Lakers.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

why are people hating on chase? he's been playing great. if you are going to hate on something hate scola's defense.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I really can't argue with much of that, Leeb. Some of our guys wilted in the spotlight in Miami. I was surprised.