1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 105, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Men of their word are rare.

2. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

I put the loss on Morey. We don't have enough size and as a result we cannot have a good rebounder close to the basket in this kind of situation. Battier was guarding two people at that point, he boxed out one of them. If instead of Battier we had someone tall than they would have been able to grab the rebound.
    I think the decision to change the lineup in the middle of the 4th qtr also hurt us. The group was doing nice job of defending and scoring, but after the lineup change we couldn't score and they made a big run.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

uhhh...no...

I dunno about u but I actually care about this team....however that doesn't mean taking out my frustrations and passion on random objects..not sure where your mind leads onto with that..

but you do seem you're experienced with those kind of things you mentioned...

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Scola, Adelman, and Battier suck in the clutch.

5. el guapo

el guapo Member

naw wasn't goal tending it was over the back on smith battier boxed him

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

gotta catch the rerun

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

doubt it...they had al horford fouled out..so their big man advantage is gone thats for sure

8. Parlett316

Parlett316 Member

Sorry didn't read your post, i threw a bottle through my window JUST SO MAD ;)

9. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

Complaints complaints complaints... guess we should win EVERY game according to some of you.

I am very proud of the fight our guys showed tonight. We were down by 7 and stuck with it. Cant ask for more than that from this group. They never give up. This will only make them better later on in the season. Stop trying to place blame for us losing this game. It was just a great play by a hell of an athlete. If he doesn't do that you all would be praising AB and Hayes for a good defensive effort on Bibby to make him miss. Sometimes the ball just bounces that way.

Vegas had us as 7 point dogs tonight... I won money on that.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

The Rockets keep playing their hearts out against superior teams and bringing themselves to the brink of victory only to have it snatched away at the end. I'm not sure how much left they have in their tank after these devastating losses.

11. lived

lived Member

I didn't watch the game today, so can someone shed light on why AB only had 2 assists and why Ariza took almost half his shots from 3pt? Was the ATL defense breaking down our plays?

7-22 from 3pt as a team, 32%.. I'm assuming this was yet another example of being trigger happy from downtown?

12. devilsdandruff

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Ariza wasn't making his shots. AB was passing mainly to the starters who couldn't hit a barn.

14. Dei

Dei Member

I just gave a dumb question a deserving response. What? Did I hurt your feelings?

15. 1individual

1individual Member

When has he made more than 50% of his shots?

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

yeh Im glad you know where I'm coming from....but I think that game was totally winnable and we SHOULD have won that for sure...we were good enough talent wise and teamwork wise...but it was just one missed box out that ruined the whole game.

Morey could certainly make this team better but I'm just saying that even without any further improvements we were definitely capable of winning this game from every standpoint.

It hurts, you know

17. BMoney

BMoney Member

Now, I am just not a blithering idiot who posts in all caps and spazzes out about a game in November. Way to go Superfan!

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

From the way CBud was shooting tonight, he would've done it.

19. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

dw when tmac comes back, he'll close that **** out.

20. RV6

RV6 Member

what do scola and battier have to do with this loss in the "clutch"???