1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 105, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

Thats a valid point, but i just used the stats to back up what i saw. Theyre really the only logical way i can prove my point to people who think im an idiot for considering mcgrady as one of the best to ever play the game. I cant make them watch old footage of him in his prime. He had an extremely rare combination of physical gifts to go along with a feel for the game. 6 foot 9, handles like a PG, had outstanding range, quick first step, finished above the rim, had the pull ups and fade aways, could play in the post, extremely talented passer.

He was the total package, but i expect to get flamed for saying anything good about the guy.I know Its pretty popular to hate the guy right now.

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Good morning CF'ers!

Great game last night. The last 2 min. told me all I need to know about this team: In the famous words of Commander Peter Quincy Taggart, "Never give up. Never surrender."

Man, I love this team.

When we were down 10 with 2min left I told my wife, I don't care about the win, I just want a good, strong finish. Maybe I should have asked for a win because that was a GREAT finish by the boys.

And all through those 2 minutes I was screaming the above Galaxy Quest quote, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER.

Wow...just love this team. It's amazing how well we play against top notch teams...just amazing.

Rock On, my Rockets, Rock On!

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

When this team fell behind in the fourth during crunchtime, all I could think is we are missing a piece of the puzzle...someone who we can go-to to get the ball in the basket. The rest of the team seems to suffer from basketitis at times...an inability to put the ball in the hoop. Now, whether that go-to guy is Tmac or not, who knows? Kudos on the comeback attempt...but I'm not really into consolation prizes. We still lost the damn game...and on a dunk. The game started and ended on a dunk by them. That's not good in my book. I think this team can win these games...and I'm not going to be happy when we come up short...even if we made it close.

4. RV6

RV6 Member

it was an honest mistake if you were watching the ATL stream, they didnt show many replays and the replay they had only showed the corner of a rockets jersey showing a 4, landry is 14, chuck is 44...

5. TheRaven

TheRaven Member

I always say that I'd rather be lucky than good at ANYTHING and if that ball bounced any other direction there were nothing but red jerseys around.
    It's just a shame that it had to bounce to one of the chief a$$holes around...

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I love the effort from our Rockets but I'm sick of our announcers saying "This team just doesn't quit" for the whole damn game. I mean at one point they said "The Hawks are not used to playing against a team that doesn't quit". I mean come on. They make it seem like we have no talent and all we do is hustle.

7. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Member

+1
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    This team has heart. I will not give up on them because they will not give up on themselves.
    I would love to have seen a win but I cannot complain when they play with that kind of effort.

8. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I just want to says to ya'll, yeah it was a tough loss, but ya'll aren't total griping about our guys, some kid on the Rockets fb is griping about the game, saying we need a new coach, better rebounding & defense, I think he's a bandwagoner fan, and I told him that, but he can't seem to be proud of the effort from this group. Last season if we were down, I noticed we didn't fight to win, but this season, we fight back till the bitter end. So thank you all for not griping about the effort, as a fan I appreciate seeing that. I just hope we smoke the Hawks when they come to our house.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

are some of you people really complaining why landry wasn't "boxing out"??? maybe b/c he was trying to cover the shooter, which is what any logical player would be doing in that situation. josh smith was just in the perfect spot on a perfect bounce off the rim (and no, it wasn't offensive goaltending).

man most of you people suck.

10. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

Really really tough loss for our, we kept fighting until the tie at 103 only to come down to a game-winning tip dunk. But, oh well, that's how it goes. Shane is the only man left in the semicircle, he wouldn't have expected J-Smoove going over his back because he was also trying to box out another Hawk in the paint, and surely, Shane won't be able to beat a guy when he's making a putback play several inches over him.

There folks. Let's go home and prepare for some Sacto-whooping fiesta.

11. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Hahaha. Yahoo chronicles hearsay trash.

12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Maybe somebody already brought this up, but do we all agree that little "Marvin Gaye" exchange between Bill and Bull was premeditated? It went just a little too smoothly for it to be off-the-cuff. Nevertheless, I lol'd.