1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 105, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sergio

sergio Member

I agree

2. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

during the 17-2 run one of the hawks, i think it was horford, rebounded a ball while standing out of bounds under his own hoop, and threw it ahead for a layup. kept the momentum going for the hawks.

we played well.

didn't seem real into it though early on. we looked tired.

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

oh my, did you see them cry after every call that went against them. josh smith looked like a three year old pouting and crying. and then he leaped out of the building for the game winning dunk. wow. nice hops.

4. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

I don't care how hard we play or how "fun" this team is to watch. We're losing and this team is clearly not on the same level of the teams that adelman has coached since he got here. Im not going to be satisfied with losing.

5. RV6

RV6 Member

would you be satisified if i told you we have A GAZILLION DOLLARS on the bench that aren't playing?

6. saleem

saleem Member

The Refs didn't win the game for them. That's the bottom line. I can bet you if Josh Smith had won the game for the Rockets,people here would have been calling him a hero,despite his immaturity.

7. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

No not really. It is what it is. I understand what is going on, but i dont have to like it. i think half of that gazillion dollars is being treated as just an ornament as this point. We need to put him to work and stop pretending that what we have is good enough.

8. RV6

RV6 Member

why are we talking about a rookie like he's an all-star or something? You let loose a player who's always ready, whos going to bring it big every night, as suprising as bud as been, he's still not consistent, i can't stress that enough. That being said, tonight the swingman combo late should have been bud and battier. Ariza's defense wasnt there until like the last two plays of the game and his offense sputtered after the first qrtr. Bud sucked on d and shane on O, but both were consistent in their respective specialties all game.

9. leebigez

leebigez Member

Its called bump and release unless you're a small guy with a big guy coming. If thats the case, u sit on his knees. Boxing out is overrated. You bump the guy with the body and release off his body. Its checkers, not chess.

10. keez857

keez857 Member

Haven't had time to read the reactions from everyone else, but I'll post mine.

Tough loss, but we showed heart in the last 3 minutes of the game, just as we have all season. We had 20 offensive rebounds to their 15 which is great because Atlanta is one of the best offensive rebounding teams in the league.

I am starting to see some complaints about Ariza's game which is really unjustified in my opinion. 13 games into the season is still very early. Don't be so quick to judge Ariza and secondly don't hold your expectations so high for him. I'm sure this has been repeated plenty of times but he's gone from a 4th option to a 1st/2nd. His FG% has been horrid, yes, but he's been contributing as much as he can everywhere else. Ease off of him.

We play the Kings tomorrow on our floor and I'm sure we'll bounce back just fine and we'll forget this game. After tomorrow's game is when the true drama begins though when Tmac gets his evaluation. I cannot wait to see what happens!!!

Long post sorry - g'nite fellas

11. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I was out and could only watch the highlights afterwards. Had I watched the game live on TV, I would have had a heart attack after the Josh Smith dunk.

12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Jesus Christ.
    I love how the incompetent naysayers don't realize that LANDRY WAS NOT ON THE FLOOR AND THEREFORE COULD NOT HAVE NOT BOXED OUT JOSH SMITH.

Morons.

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

I had to watch this game on DVR. When the Rockets starters came back in midway through the 4th and lost the lead, I skipped ahead to the end of the game in frustration. To my surprise, Landry was at the line tying the game up. Skipped ahead one more time and saw Josh Smith won the game for them.

I'm not going to bother going back and watching the stuff I missed. Losses suck.

14. foo82

foo82 Member

I'm glad you aren't a spurs fan. The sky would really be falling then. It's still early. For the past few years, the Rockets team have traditionally started slow. A 7-6 Record with this schedule is fairly good.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Right, whatever. Frankly, if we're at .500 by the end of December, I will be very, very pleased, given our absolutely brutal schedule for the first half. And obviously, this team isn't quite as good as the last few years, when you have 40 million doing nothing, though you are the same moron who called T-Mac one of the 50 best players ever, so I digress.

16. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/pippesc01.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3179/career;_ylt=AnM.BlvQYDFQl.habPVJjNktPKB4

If Pippen is regarded as one of the top 50 players of all time, its not idiodic to have mcgrady somewhere near the top 50. Admitingly I do think about picking top players differently than most people do. I don't really go by longevity or accomplishments by the team the individual played on. I just ask myself, who IN THEIR PRIME, would I pick if I needed to build a team to win a game. McGrady is one of those guys. He had a season averaging 32 PPG 6 RPG and 5 APG. Those are pretty outstanding numbers. Again, I know his career has seen a noticable decline and id be a fool to think that the current mcgrady is a top 50 player of all time, but when he was in his prime, he was one of the best i've ever seen play the game. Flame if you want, but thats how i see it.

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Member

The record is not terrible, but I see deficiencies that are not likely to go away with time. The loss of Yao for the year was a devastating blow because the rest of our bigs were brought in to complement him. Now they have to fill his shoes and I don't see it happening.

18. 1individual

1individual Member

You're right in many ways. T-Mac in his prime was very close to Jordan's efficiency rating.

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

after the 02-03 season, i think slam magazine had tmac at #75 of the greatest of all time, and they projected him to be easily in the top 50.

unfortunately, with injuries and the lack of team success, that won't be the case.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

The irony in picking McGrady to build a team to win a game...
    32-6-5 on a team that won 40. 28-6-6 on a team that won 22.

How about Jerry Stackhouse for HOF? 30-5-4 on a 36 win team...

How about Mark Aguirre for HOF? 30-5-6 on a 42 win team...

How about Kiki Vandeweghe for HOF? 29-3-5 on a 38 win team...

How about Lloyd B. Free for HOF? 30-4-4 on a 35 win team...

I would bring up Bernard King averaging 33-4-6, but he was a champion, and stats don't do him justice...