1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Hawks 105, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Everyone flops, Battier flops too. Chuck flops. Its the NBA, if you dont flop, you dont win. Heck, anyone remember when Yao tried it out?

2. choujie

choujie Member

Bibby might actually pass Brooks and made a shot if those guys are on the court. They don't rotate as well as Chuck Hayes. It's all about percentage.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Seems you don't have any idea about flop and legit fall down.

Chuck and Battier are not floppers, They actually always have good position. Not every offensive foul is a flop.

Yao? Maybe once or twice in his career. He has poor balance and fell down quite often, but that's not the definition of flop.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was surprised Scola wasn't in. Hell, the Hawks' broadcast team is pretty good, IMO, but they had the Hawks penciled in for a win at the 2:30 mark. We were toast, except that we simply refused to quit. God, I love this team. Battier had one of the worst games I've seen from him in ages, Ariza had a pretty mediocre game himself, whatever the box score says, Chuck got glued to the bench with foul trouble, Andersen was in far longer than I wish he'd been in, he's still green as a Christmas tree, and we still damn near pulled it out.

Wow!

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Your just being ignorant.

6. choujie

choujie Member

You have no idea what a flop is. Show me flop videos of Hayes?

7. sergio

sergio Member

About the flopping arguement, if you dont sell it, the refs wont buy it.

This has been the best loss of the season, I thought we would get raped.

8. TheGM

TheGM Member

Are you sure he's the ignorant one?

9. FaBo

FaBo Member

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask something. I don't really know where to put it because I can't open a new thread.
    I live in El Paso and I (my parents) have Directv. I could watch the first few Rockets-Games on FSHouston, but then it suddenly told me "Channel not purchased." Suddenly, I couldn't watch any FS channels anymore - FSN, FSSW, FSH... Now I somehow can watch FSSouthwest and the Mavs, but FSHouston keeps telling me "Channel not purchased". Now my question: Is FSHouston a channel you have to pay fore or is it Free-TV? Do I have to buy it or is it just a mistake by Directv? Thanks for answers!!

10. saleem

saleem Member

We didn't deserve to lose but the Hawks deserved to win. I'm sure if we had the athleticism that they have along with hard working players,no one would be complaining.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hate Josh smith, and to lose by his tip dunk after a great come back...... :mad:

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What the heck does this guy think is a "flop?" A whistle when getting knocked on your ass trying to draw a charge? That's the only time I see Hayes or Battier hit the deck in a way that some person not paying attention might consider a "foul." Geez.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

The only go-to player the Rockets have is T-Mac.

I thought it was a great effort by Lowry to keep the Rockets in the game to the very end. Brooks was 1-3 from the 3 point line which is more like his game, and he stepped up his mid-range game. In the last three games (Phoenix, Minnesota and Atlanta) at the end of the 1st half Brooks has taken his man off the dribble, create an open mid-range jumpshot and made it.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Josh just jumped over everyone, greta play.

What pissed me off is not that half the team didn't play well, but Marvin the scrub pack leader Williams had a career night.

15. houseofglass21

We had the lead and then RA started subbing players and f'in up the entire chemistry of the quarter.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

RA still hasn't fully trust cbud. he only got 15 minutes tonight.

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Member

It'll be cool when the Rockets start winning these tough games instead of looking noble in defeat.

Awesome play by Josh Smith.

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Member

7-6 after a brutal schedule. I have to say I am slightly disappointed. But, I am only disappointed because I have seen the way this team competes game after game. I know it is cliche now, saying this team plays hard, etc. Lets take this team for what they are. They are a damn good basketball team. One that should make this entire city and its fans proud.

I truly believe that once this team learns how to win, they are going to be a very tough out every night. One thing that has always been constant in the NBA is that if you play hard, you will win more often than not. The GM has done a great job of putting together a cohesive unit.

This was a loss that will sting. Luckily for us, we have a game tomorrow and hopefully they will get back at the Kings. Our squad should be 8-6 heading into two big division games against the Mavericks and Spurs.

The schedule just doesnt seem to let up.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Member

you were probably watching FSHouston during the free league pass trial. Once that was over unless you have league pass you won't be able to watch the games on FSHouston.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look we all lost by just two points. Josh Smith made a great, heads-up play nobody could predict against that. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame it on Ariza for chucking up shots, Battier for being invisible most of the game, and most of all RA for doing a piss poor job at managing rotations. He messed up big time, if Ariza and Battier aren't cutting it you put in C-Bud and let him loose. If people talk about having a choker player, then we probably have a choker coach, his late game subs and plans always seem to mess up in the final moments of the game.

Battriza hasn't worked out as well as I thought, Ariza has gone ice cold and Battier stopped being aggresive like he was early in the season. I think its time C-bud got some burn, and Tmac to get in the lineup as well.