1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Grizzlies 104, Rockets 93

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Under JVG we used to beat bad teams comfortably.

2. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

That's not something I worry about, when Shane and Tracy come back physically 100%, JVG D will be there.
    Just feel Rockets didn't play with bball IQ.

3. jondoe

jondoe Member

Uh Tracy coulda took it to the rim.

4. Rocketman2002

Rocketman2002 Member

A very winnable game. When the games was within 4pt why the hell we went away from Yao and start jacking up 3s. What happen to the inside-out games form the last couple of games? Very diaapointing lose!

5. boiler

boiler Member

As I said, defense sucked, but the offense wasn't clicking either, 93 points?

6. shawndavis2006

Good thing that I didn't watch that mess to suffer through which I couldn't find links to the game anyway.

7. lysports007

lysports007 Member

1. somebody tell why this stupid coach wont play deke till yao is out
    2. tmac cant do ANYTHING, i mean, ANYTHING, on defense
    3. yao is always superb, i have to say
    4. AB0 is really important to the team
    5. Artest just had a bad night, he will be back, i believe in him
    6. get tracy out of the teammm, he doesnt benefit the team AT ALLL

8. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

that was the gamble with RA, i knew this would happen, but the hope was to give us more offensive diversity to beat teams like the Jazz, and Mavs in the playoffs. Defense was gonna drop off regardless

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he did for the one play THEY RAN FOR HIM specifically. we ran a yao-centric offense the rest of the game and then jack up 3s to try to get back into the game.

10. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

Yeah, and under JVG we exited 1st round every yr, lets bring him back, so every can be happy to beat sorry teams.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

He did, even on the play where he kicked out to Barry for the open 3, he took it to the rim.

Just because you don't dunk or finish doesn't mean you're not taking it to the rim.

12. shiyixjtu

shiyixjtu Member

agree! Most of game his performance is OK. Only sometimes, he thought he was T-mac and became short circuit.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Someone tell me when we beat those teams in the playoffs.

Damn B.Roy needs to go off so Dallas can lose and not tie us, we need the 6th seed we can beat whoever gets the 3rd and at least havea shot at going to the 2nd round.

14. bobby6186

bobby6186 Member

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses ........Keep on drinking that kool-aid. This team is NOT a contender, nor will they be this season with the current group of players they have.

15. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

This team never ever truly goes through Yao. They do it sometimes but people think they got talent to hump it over n kill us more often than not. They have to stick by the mantra and let it seep in. If only they had kept going to Yao after he'd closed the gap, we'd have a mighty fine chance to win. Nope mac has to be hero, artest has to hero. Every Crunch time, they *** it up bad. Can't they read the game? You certainly can tell whats working n whats not. For just once let Yao decide the game for godsakes. They talk the talk but forget the walk. Yao's got to grab one or two people by the scruff of their necks and tell them what to do. It's clear that they aren't doing it. Guy's like kobe, lbj take everyshot that counts for their team. I dont see why that cant happen in Houston.

I like artest but the dude is nothing but prime bricker. His contribution on defense doesnt make up for his offense. He never fails to differentiate good from bad looks. I am so dissapointed in him. Sure I'd still like to have him around him for the playoffs but I'd definitely question him big time. Sort your game out or leave H-town. Get paid millions n yet cant hit a shot. Absolute disgrace!

Yes grizzlies played out of their mind tonight but these guys never ever understand how this team should function. Just amazing.

16. jondoe

jondoe Member

He never takes it to the rim in the fourth. NEVER. He plays great, which he did tonight, in the first three, then settles for 3 pointers in the fourth.

17. Phoenix13

Phoenix13 Member

all agreed except the last one,tracy passed the ball to yao in time ,you are a hater

18. rocketsmetalspd

I am not talking about D but his recent offense and getting the ball to the right players that are open or driving to the basket.

19. noairer

noairer Member

I'm really pissed,the last 6 shots were 3's and none of them went in!, I just don't get it, do they have any BB IQ??4mins left down by 4, why the hell do we shot 3, ****!! And it's not the first time we do such stupid thing, I am so disappointed with these Rockets , make some change pls Morey.

20. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Tmac was quoted about being more efficient. Tonight 9 of 20 from the field.