1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Grizzlies 104, Rockets 93

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He was not the problem last night at all.....Tmac played fairly well and within the system...until the end.

DD

2. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

He played well, but lost the game, and why?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The team did not play defense, and we had no one to penetrate and dish when Tmac was out, or when Memphis stepped up pressure at the end....

Got to have that 2nd penetrating player who can break down the opponents off the dribble when things go south.

DD

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Maybe some people complain when he facilitates, but not me. As far as I'm concerned the team is much, much stronger when T-Mac is working to set people up rather than working to set himself up.

What I find hilarious is that the guy sits down and talks about how relieved he is that he no longer has to carry the main load while scoring. He talks about how he envisions himself as a 15/6/6 type of guy. Then he goes and jacks up 20 shots.

It's not even the 20 shots that really kills me--it's that everyone else had 7 or 8.

5. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

Why is defensive in the past two weeks have changed, and two weeks ago, the rocket is not the case

6. rockability71

rockability71 Member

Dude...after each sentence...you should hit the 'return' key, not the 'submit reply' button.

7. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

I am a rookie

8. rockability71

rockability71 Member

Me too and you have more posts than I do. :p

9. rockability71

rockability71 Member

Hey, I was not trying to pick on you. It's just a piece of advice which hopefully can help to make your posts more understandable. No offense. :)

10. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

My English very poor, so you must appreciate,

Have a question,

When will the subject of new hair?

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I completely agree, People fail to realize that tmac was 6-11 at the end of 3rd qaurter and finished 9-21 because of many uncalled fouls and about 2 "in and outs".

Tmac played well and at one point kept us in the game, we all know if yao wouldn't of had stomach problems, we would of won the game, yet we bring in artest for these kind of situations and he shoots 1-10..... I mean that's why we have luther.

12. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

When I can to new thread

13. duhang

duhang Member

hey Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please pass the ball to Yao at the 4th quarter!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!do not shoot stupid 3 points anymore!!!!!!!Ron,please do some penetrations!!!!We need more free throws,not 3 points!!!Everybody should play defence hard!!God, I would like to see trade tracy and Ron to miami and get D Wade back.our team is in danger.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Exactly, at the end was the problem. Even at the end back to back 3's rimmed out and that would of tied the game. If the game was tied I'm sure we would of went to Yao in the block. The team panicked basically.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Everyone struggled tonight so T-mac felt he needed to try and score. He got some guys easier shots but the shots just wouldn't fall. Scola missed an easy layup and got some blocked. Landry struggled. Artest was 1-10. Yao played good while in but he was sick and winded. Battier struggled. And yes T-mac struggled but I don't expect him to shoot 10 shots every game. He shot like 7 times in the 2nd half. A few driving to the hole and an open 3. It wasn't like he was just jacking up contested shots the whole 2nd half.

16. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

When I can to new thread
    I can give you more Chinese rockets fans point of view

17. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Bottom line--Once again in the fourth quarter we were out coached.

18. rocketslover

rocketslover Rookie

anyone have the deke block highlights?

19. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

if we have a 7 time all star plus a nba leading scorer plus a 20/20 scorer blocker , we should be up there with the leaders. if the cavs can do it with only lebron when we have the "Big" 3 then its the coaching staffs problem if we dont win games.

20. N2H4

N2H4 Member

I just can't understand why they shot those hopeless 3 pointers when we were only 4 pts less and there were still more than 3 minutes left...Yao was doing great and dominating in the paint....

Marc Gasol or anyone else of Memphis seemed not be able to stop Yao....but Yao was stopped by his own teammates shooting stupid 3 pointers....

I am losing hope to this team....

This season, it is gonna be another first round exit, if they ever make it to playoff.