1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Grizzlies 104, Rockets 93

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. cassidy

cassidy Member

agreed!

2. cassidy

cassidy Member

Obviously
    everyone is unsatisfied with the result.
    BAD LOSS..
    our guys were too tired?.. :confused:

3. 99bb

99bb Member

agree.
    In the Orlando days, he was a scoring champ but the team sucked.
    His 0 defense is now killing us. :mad:

4. jondoe

jondoe Member

True dat. Yao gets blame too when he sukks. Tmac is a 20 million dollar role player

5. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

It's more of a defensive issue for me this night. We weren't shooting contested 3's, most of them were open 3's for us to hit but we missed most of it. The Grizzlies was challenging us to take those shots all game long because they know we would kill them in the paint. Until the end they didn't change their gameplan because we still can't hit a 3 until the end and Yao was getting in a roll. It's our fault to blame really

If just we did more good defensively, we would have halt their run better and keep us in the game for some stretch.

6. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

A good chance to catch up Hornets, by we missed.

7. cassidy

cassidy Member

Excuse me ..

:( who can tell me why can't I post a new post/?..
    just because I am a rookie?

8. yq0202

yq0202 Member

The truth is that without Yao, rox sucks!

9. Jacky.Guo

Jacky.Guo New Member

I did not watch the front three quarters but it was really not so good defense in the final quarter. Mybe we lost attack power temporarily but atleast we need the based defense indeed to the weak team then we can go far away in the playoff season.

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Close call.

As I said in another thread, Rockets expected an easy W.

Grizzlies on the other side led by superb talent like Mayo were motivated and got the win.

It isn't anymore which team is better on the paper, it's when you play with effort and intensity and Rockets seemed not to spend so much energy on Grizzlies.

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yeah, now we're fourth in the division. Where was that thread that said we would be the second seed again?

12. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

This is nothing but THE TRUTH. I feel exactly the same. Except I havent attended as many games.

13. rocketrazorback

rocketrazorback Contributing Member

I was at the game in Memphis on the lower level very near the Rockets bench. Artest was very stiff and you could tell he was sore in his lower back. He loooked visibly uncomfortable. The equipment guys had to give him heating pads to keep his lower back from stiffening up. I presume that his stiffness affected his shot. The other question is why he was intent on still shooting if he wasn't feeling physically that well?

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

I guess that story from the guy that said he saw Artest at the chiropractor was true then.

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I'm just pointing out that T-Mac is all talk, no walk. The guy claims he's going to adjust his game to be a facilitator and that doesn't even last one game. Not even one game.

16. Crush

Crush Rookie

Indeed. I noticed that beginning in the 1st quarter. Before I got that feeling that the rest of the game would no longer be of any interest

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

When T-mac just sits around and facilitates people complain that he isn't being aggressive. He drove to the hoop last night he just didn't get the call or couldn't finish. He isn't going to facilitate every game especially when Yao is in and out because of the bubble guts.

18. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

When the gap is only 4 minutes when he entered

19. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

And then follow with 2 one-third of the rocket to shoot down completely

20. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

He shot twice and completely shot down by rocket