1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Grizzlies 104, Rockets 93

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ThaBlackKnight

How do you put this loss on Tmac alone. I agree, he didn't have a great game (should've attacked more), but neither did anybody else. How do you explain the Rockets shooting 12/18 shots that were 3's in the 4th, even when we weren't hitting them?? Tmac was the one guy gettting double teamed, Yao was getting fouled, but as usualy he can't get a call to save his life, Artest was hurt, and to top that off, he had bad shot selection. Battier hit a few 3's late, but he and Artest both had no answer for Mayo. Landry was a no show tonight.

Rafer and Tmac were the 2 guys who were decent tonight. That will almost never get you a win. I just don't understand how yall blame ONE guy for a loss...its a team game! There are 5 players on a team. When Chuck Hayes was starting for us, we never blamed a loss on him, or credited him with a win, because he had one role on the team, which was defense. You can NEVER blame one guy for a loss, maybe, if a player made a dumb play at the end, but it would have to be a horrible play for ONE player to get all the blame.

I'm telling yall, go play basketball before yall post comments on here. Anybody who played the game will tell you, it takes MUCH more than ONE guy to win a game and definitely more than ONE guy to lose a game for a team. Freakin Tmac haters...the HOUSTON ROCKETS lost the game, not the Tmac Rockets!

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I think part of the problem is we have the least athletic starting 5 in the league, and its not even close. An old Rafer, an Old Tracy, Shane Battier, Luis Scola, and Yao Ming. How can you compete with teams that have elite level athletes with those guys playing heavy minutes....We give up alot of layups because teams are just quicker than we are. I dont think theres much we can really do about it at this point. Start Brooks? Start Landry at SF. I dont know Im running out of ideas.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

This is seriously rediculious. I think we lose to these teams cause we dont give full effort cause they arent good. Just how we do in the 4th Q, we let up.

4. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Luckily, we dont really play young and athletic teams in the playoffs. Besides the Lakers and Portland(1 loss), we beat the other western elite teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Phoenix, and etc.

We could do something about it in the playoffs.

5. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

[Originally Posted by ThaBlackKnight
    I'm telling yall, go play basketball before yall post comments on here. Anybody who played the game will tell you, it takes MUCH more than ONE guy to win a game and definitely more than ONE guy to lose a game for a team. Freakin Tmac haters...the HOUSTON ROCKETS lost the game, not the Tmac Rockets![/QUOTE]

My man...if I posted my basketball resume on here it'll take you a couple of days to read it so you can take that out of your arguement.

You're saying it takes more that one guy, definately agree with that but when you have one guy who expects to "fascilatate" the offense but basically stands in one spot behind the three point line the whole game making decisions for everyone else instead of running the offense...jacking up "heat checks" letting cats scramble around the court, wondering what he's gonna do (pass, shoot, or drive) when you have Macness like that, it kind of has the tendancy to knock eveyrone else outta rhythm

If YOU ever played a serious game (traveling the country at that) where money and rep were on the line and not just at the local kiddie court where you and your boys DOMINATED the local pre-teens, maybe you'd know this.

6. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Oh my I just came home and checked the box score on Yahoo, we lost to the grizzle? :eek:

7. bigben008

bigben008 Member

Spot on! To me, this game showed that we lost offense identity again!!! When T-mac is on the court, offense starts from him, Yao instead of traditional posting up in the low post, he running to block for T-mac on the high-post. The offense focus suddeny shifted from Yao to T-mac, it caused lot of confusion on the court, and it seemed the ball-movements are getting worse.

8. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Tmac doesn't like to be outdone by young players. Anytime he goes up against a Lebron or a Kobe or another young talent, you will notice he shoots much more and facilitates less.

When there isn't an individual player threatening Tmac's ego on the court, he facilitates much more.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Last night we were the club. Tonight we were the baby seal.

10. NoBodyAnswers

NoBodyAnswers Member

At least I can choose not to shoot

11. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

best ? did you say best? sorry was tht best??? 9-21 and 0-5 from downtown. if you dont call that pathetic then ure wrong24

12. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Haha. That would be priceless, but make sure you share with your other fellow rockets fans. I never understood all the excuses people make for Tmac ever since he has been here. I guess Tmac's excuses are contagious and are rubbing off on Rockets fans.

Anyway, I'm probably not to the point you're at, just yet, but I am sitting right on the edge.

13. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

this can really bring some smile at least :)

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Carl Landry...15 minutes, 2 TO's, no points, 5 fouls....

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

um what?

16. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

LOL...I'll make sure and keep enough Champipple to go around fmp087

17. yamingx

yamingx Member

100% agree with your point. TMac did not let team look better although he himself looks OK on points, assists. He is also destroying our defense system because of his lazy and slow.

18. black_mamba

black_mamba Member

the Rockets is easier to lose to a team that without a great C.
    Those teams play less offense in paint, so Yao's D wont be so efficient.
    Once our opponent play a offense around big C, Yao will be terrific both on deffense and offense.

19. ThaBlackKnight

My man...if I posted my basketball resume on here it'll take you a couple of days to read it so you can take that out of your arguement.

You're saying it takes more that one guy, definately agree with that but when you have one guy who expects to "fascilatate" the offense but basically stands in one spot behind the three point line the whole game making decisions for everyone else instead of running the offense...jacking up "heat checks" letting cats scramble around the court, wondering what he's gonna do (pass, shoot, or drive) when you have Macness like that, it kind of has the tendancy to knock eveyrone else outta rhythm

If YOU ever played a serious game (traveling the country at that) where money and rep were on the line and not just at the local kiddie court where you and your boys DOMINATED the local pre-teens, maybe you'd know this.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see your basketball resume...I can read pretty fast, so it'll prolly take me a minute or so to read it, definitely not a couple of days to read. But, I never said I was a great ball player. I was a decent high school player (North Shore High School), if you wanted to know. I don't play at some kiddie courts full of pre-teens either. But, for all I know you could probably whoop me 1-on-1. I don't care, I'm not getting paid to play ball, I got more important things to worry about (college), than trying to prove how good a basketball player I am or ever was. If you are that insecure about that, and if it makes you feel like a better man, then so be it. You're a great player and good luck to your career in basketball.

We aren't here to discuss your basketball skills vs. mine. If we were, we'd be in the NBA, not at home watching real basketball players play. I've watched and played the game my entire life, and I know how important chemistry is. I also know that your offense usually runs through your best players. Tonight Yao and Tmac led us. Although they came up short, its kinda hard to blame them in all honesty. You can partially blame them, but if anything, the team as a whole needs to be blamed: DEFENSIVELY and shot selection wise.

With that being said, I would think the Rockets as a TEAM taking way too many 3's is what led to our demise tonight. I think Yao should've had more than 11 shots. I think if Ron Artest is hurt badly enough to go 1-10, you gotta sit him out until he gets healthy, thats on the training and coaching staff to do that, because he won't easily sit out games.

We were outrebounded, we shot 39 % from the floor as a team (even though our 2 best players Tmac and Yao shot 16/33 themselves), and we gave up too many layups and points in the paint, and we shot 27 3point shots! making only 8!

Thats where I believe we lost the game. Not because Tmac apparently shot "heat checks", or stood around and did nothing. I do remember one time where Gay drove by him, that was a bad defensive possession. Other than that, I think he could've attacked the basket more, but he did get people open shots when he did drive in, they just didn't hit for the most part.

All I'm saying is, there were other factors that caused our loss. Tmac and Yao were a small fraction of those factors. Thats all I'm going to say about that.

20. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

you wanna know why everyone is blaming tmac? because our expectations for him are so high that when he does anything less, he is to be blamed. unfair? maybe. but when you're a superstar, it comes with the territory. when you're the only guy that everyone looks to to take the team to the next level and the only guy with that kind of ability, you're going to get blamed if you fall short. that's why the president gets all the blame for any failure in the nation, even though it may be the millions of people operating below him that are making the poor decisions.