1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Post-Game Analysis: Clippers 106, Rockets 103

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2011.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Everyone looked exhausted last night. Takes more energy than we had to whip such a young, long, athletic team. Luis may be the toughest hombre on the planet, but even he looked a bit gimpy out there. Hope that knee's ok. I suppose tired legs cost us those four straight free throws late-- which were all we needed to win this stinking game. Tough loss.

2. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

This is who the Rockets are. Every time they tease you blind devotees with some hint of quality play, they quickly go on to lose embarrassing games. You people thinking they can make the playoffs are like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

The Rockets are a mediocre team this year. Get used to it, and start cheering for losses so that we can get better draft picks and hopefully be above mediocre in the years to come. Knocking Phoenix out of the playoffs would be terrible.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Exactly! They are not a playoff caliber team. They can't get stops when they need to. Anyone who thinks they're any good is just fooling themselves.

I don't like the concept of tanking, but the NBA does reward poor results.

4. rockettexan24

rockettexan24 Member

hmm root for the team to lose, no thanks.

once again the refs screw us over, that "foul" on Mo williams shouldn't have been called, definate home cooking, in fact we'd be a top 4 seed right now if we didn't constantly get screwed by the refs, so take your loser mentality and shove it

1 person likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

According to this board Morey is not "alot of GMS", he is the king of all GMs. Bottom line, Mavs got the deal done. Period. For the record, it’s not one loss the Rox under .500! Why waste a 1st round pick on T-Will when Adelman doesn't like the guy & won't play him? I'm not saying I could do better, but maybe Darryl is not infallible.

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Do you think of morey threw out a high offer for Jordan we could get him ...say 7 -8 mil a year more than mle and the maximum we could offer a free agent ...

That clippers would match?

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Besides tired legs, having Brad Miller and Luis Scola on the court together for an extended period of time in the 3rd was crucial in this loss. That combination had me baffled. Why would you put those two nonathletic, poor defenders on Kaman/Jordan/Griffin when you have Jordan Hill on the bench? At least Hill would be able to stay with them.

8. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

No Twill, No win... :(

Looked tired. Should have extended leads - threw away possessions when we could have blown it open in the 2nd quarter. Too many 3's attempted instead of driving.

Clips can be tough at home, though, and they had gotten some guys back from injury and new guys through trade, so they wanted this game more than we did.

9. Omega Red

Omega Red Member

Bottom line....IMO, 4 major factors played into this loss...

1. the whole 4-game 5 night thing (not an excuse, but it is what it is)

2. Stubborn bonehead azz Adleman

3. Kyle Lowry's stupid 3 point foul

4. Again reference to Adleman, to just sit there and watch 1 guy (Kaman) dismantle your team and not do anything about it...we all know Miller sucks azz and might as well be out there in high heels for as fast as his feet move...But dang to not make any adjustments is just stupid....f'n ADLEMAN :mad:

10. Damion Laverne

You and northeastfan need to GTFO. Why would you cheer for losses THIS LATE into the ******* regular season given the Rockets' record?

You know, for a statistical genius, you seem like a huge IDIOT. I'm quite surprised that you didn't include a graph or chart of the Rockets' playoff chances in your post.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

And put in who to guard Kaman, J.Hill? Kaman will just shoot right over him and to quote Bull, "he doesn't have enough sand in his pants" to guard Kaman.

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Main problem this game was Bud and Mar were playing like they didn't give a damn. Bud was just sleepwalking out there for 30+ undeserved defenseless minutes. They needed T-Will's 7 minutes of balls to the wall enthusiasm and energy out there hustling, missing shots, turning it over, and inspiring teammates and they didn't get it. ;)

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

But I was proud of our Rockets.....the way they battled, and made this game close....even winnable...bodes well for the future.

Back to back, end of roadtrip ......That would have been 6 in a row ?

Yes, we have assets! .... good,young players that are stepping up, getting experience with a possible trip to the back end of the playoffs?...incomplete, at the moment, with no size ....But positoned to get a stud 3 and a quality bigman eventually.

Hats off to Morey for the job he's done ....and of course Rick too. I was under the impression Rick would be leaving at the end of the season, but now I don't know....It depends on the timeframe DM has.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Man, the Rockets seemed to come out flat in the 1st & 3rd quarter. It almost seemed like they were in cruise mode, because they thought the clips would be pushovers or they over-estimated their ability to come back and get control of the game. It worked in the 2nd quarter because the shots were falling, but there were so many mistakes throughout. Adelman should have recognized the issues in the 3rd quarter with the starting squad obviously being tired and give significantly more minutes to 2nd string players. Lee was out there for 30+ effective minutes, but Dragic, Patterson, and dare I say, TWill should have been seen more PT.

Hill still looks lost. Back away from the doobies, dude.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

16. Omega Red

Omega Red Member

Our best 1 on 1 defender, Hayes...duh!!!:rolleyes:

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I understand if Bud was playing well, then Rick will keep him on the court. But last night, his defense was bad as well as his offense. But he was kept in the game while every other starters were subbed in.

I really think if Twill was given the opportunity like Chase, he will strive more. Last night Chase struggled and Adelmen still kept him in the game while Twill was sitting on the bench. I really wish Adelmen at least tries to develop Twill because he has a high potential instead of keeping Chase in the game even when he's struggling.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Damn, some of you people have no perspective. This was 4 games in 5 nights, ALL on the road. 3-1 in 5 nights is damn good for ANY team, but especially this one. If anything, this loss shows me we can continue to move forward in our playoff push. Utah and New Orleans are plummeting, Phoenix is very pedestrian, and we are hitting our stride. On to the next one.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Losing to the Clippers is never good no matter how you justify it.

20. red rocketz

red rocketz Member

should of put hasheem on chris kaman