1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Celtics 103, Rockets 99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. HeWhoIsLunchbox

We need rebounding and a defensive leader. Artest is a great individual defender, but he can't be our defensive leader. Add Battier to this game and I like our chances.

2. halfling131

halfling131 Member

Ron had a good shooting game? I don't really see eye to eye with you on this one..

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Positives: T-mac's shot, FT shooting, Scola, Hayes D, AB, all out hustle

Negatives: Coaching decisions, Yao dissappearance in biggest game of regular season, RAFER, Artest offense, standing around on offense, not closing out quarters, breaking down in the 4th quarter like last year, 3pt shooting

4. comehere2

comehere2 Member

sad to lose this game. but hey, we will win the champ. yao played very bad. artest no good either. and no batman. alston ahead of AB. teamark be burned by allen....

all i try to say is despite all those, we come close.

scola is the player of the game.

5. R-Jay

R-Jay Member

the effort was there but the offensive schemes for Bostons Big 3 was a lot better. The game was tight, we showed heart and grit. Too bad, this game belongs to celtics, it just shows, our team still needs seasoning..

6. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

yep.He deserves credit for what he did on the court tonight.He showed some heart.nice job Tmac.

But Yao's performance really sucked tonight,what's up with our big fella? :confused:

7. inspiRED

inspiRED Member

the only good thing coming out of this game personally is that tracy shows he's slowly recovering. he still is clearly our main guy down the stretch b/c artest nor yao can consistently get good shots.

- the bad thing, he was TERRIBLE defensively. ray allen tore him a new one.
    - yao was just awful. no need to say more. if we had deke, yao might have played 25 minutes.
    - artest's shot selection was terrible. if we are going to criticize tracy, artest needs to get grilled tonight. i was so tired of him jacking up jumpers after jumpers on single coverage.
    - defensive rebounding was pathetic.
    - rafer - usually is a negative after every game anyways

overall, without battier and 2 of our 3 stars sucking offensively, we were still there. we'll be fine. no need to get angry and frustrated. boston has better chemistry right now. no way they can play better than this. they outshot and outrebounded us.

we have more room to grow and we will. go rockets.

8. moneymake

moneymake Member

tmac isnt 100% and we did not have shane and yao didnt play good. so if we have all of that we are gonna win. I watched this game on a stream it was fun.

9. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Very winnable game. It's too bad Yao just plain sucked tonight.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets can only get better while Boston will stay the same. I can't wait to have Battier and maybe SF3 to start contributing to the team. The Rockets will be a force come playoff time.

11. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I'm proud of the heart displayed out there. we were down by 6 against the world champions with yao and artest stinking up the joint. yet we fough and fought. also remember we are missing our best defender in battier and tracy is still nowhere near 100%. yet we gave the world champs all the can handle. keep you're heads up because once we get it together, noone can stop us.

Yao will bounce back. he is to good of a player to go on like this.

12. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Fixed

13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

i always backed rafer no matter how low he got, but man there comes a point where enough is enough.

lets trade for hinrich or something idk

14. ekim

ekim Member

#1 center in the league missed TWO point blank shots, no defenders, no fouls...

15. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

i was hopin eddy house turn off, tmac burn celtic with a 3 to win since they dont have any TO left. just like how we beat SA 13 in 35

16. T-mac&Yao=RING

We played hard, can't wint them all.

17. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Everyone has a bad game.

18. redao

redao Member

we need Dorsey

19. Landlord Landry

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

We need another 7 fter