1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Cavaliers 99, Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It wasn't an off game. His body couldn't do what his mind wanted. That's what worries me. Will he recover?

I don't think it's that he's lazy. He's still hurt.

2. sab504

sab504 Member

It doesnt matter. The game was about tied in the 4th qrt. We could of still won, but we did not. Do not blame this on whatever. We just got outplayed. PERIOD.

3. beachboys

beachboys Member

We didn't lost to cav but lost to the referee.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

5. MD_in_Training

No point to respond to that guy. He's straight up a moron.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I question his mental health as much as his physical one. One of the most talented prima donnas I have had the privilege of rooting for.

7. TexAg

TexAg Member

If you comment on Yao's 3-10 shooting factor in the fact he couldnt get most of his shots off when people were riding his arm. Other than that he was blocked once, and had 2 misses from 10ish feet outside. The rest of the time the cavs were holding onto him, which might be (and yes im being sarcastic here) why he was 13-13 free throws.

8. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

I GUESS THE CAVS FANS INVITED DONAGHY TO THE GAME

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I think if we Yao wasn't taken out then we could have easily had this game despite the lackluster effort from T-mac. The entire team stepped up, Im actually happy with the play of the team!

10. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

I agree with you. Unlike a lot of these jokers, I'm not pissed at Tracy for running out of gas, but am very concerned. At the end of the day all you can ask a guy to do is compete, and when you're body says no more, there's not a lot he can do. Tonight was not encouraging though. It just feels like a two steps forward two steps backward routine with Tmac so far.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I told you they were going to try and take Yao out of the game like they have done before. Worked. The stupid NBA schedule, 4 games in 5 days, worked, for the other team! TMac didn't show, no gas, no something, he was spent early. TMac barely played. How was it so close? Gritty game by Artest, he really got under LBJ's skin, but didn't keep him from scoring his average. The boy is good. I think this team is beatable by the Rockets should they face them in the playoffs.
    Overall, the Rockets played tough. Alston and Brooks have become a force at the PG position. Battier is just out there running around. Scolandry was not quite up to par.

12. The Brian

The Brian Member

refs screwed yao.

that doesn't explain why t-mac played like trash. my god.

13. sando

sando Member

Rockets clearly got outplayed by refs. I still believe in TMac, because I don't forget what he did against Utah this summer.

14. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Horrible officiating took Yao out of the game.
    we know TMac occasionally takes himself off for a game, and this was one.

It was a tough loss but I feel proud of the players (except TMac). Yao stepped up in the 4th. Artest was a tru warier. Artest and Rafer sent the message to the officials and the cavs.
    Battier was not the one to blame although he shot horribly. If Yao and TMac did not show up, the team would not win many games.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I've been riding on brooksball all night cause he's been bashing t-mac, but to be fair, tracy hasn't looked like himself at any point this season. he's looked good enough, but the athleticism that he had just a year ago hasn't come back yet.

i think you can win a championship with a healthy t-mac even without that explosiveness but the key word is healthy and he wasn't tonight.

my opinion is that he's too young to have lost that much and last year he was athletic enough to still blow past people. he'll be fine over time.

16. MD_in_Training

Excellent reasoning there, sir. Disregard every circumstance other than the point difference, and you are correct.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This game is winnable...we were down by 1 with a couple mins left and then someone...i don't know Brooks or Barry?? He left Gibson wide open for a 3 and all of a sudden Cavs are up by 4! That's not the game but that's stupid because you work hard to get back to 1 and then you forgot to play D. That's why Adelman couldn't decide who to play? If he had Brook and Barry, then they don't play D....if you have Artest and Battier then they have D but they're not as great as Brooks and Barry when it comes to shooting from beyond the arc. Battier comes close...

18. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

That's yesterday's news dude!I won't regret to do that.He's been doing well the last three games.but tonite,he didn't show the **** up and just went back to the bench with a smile on his face?What the hell was going on with his knee?Did he hurt it again or just aggravate it?

19. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

awwww did i make you and jackie angry awww poor baby you need a hug. :D :D where is your holiday spirit.

20. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

If the team is healthy and Yao plays with the intensity in the playoffs he's shown late, the Rox are going to be a handful for any team.