1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Cavaliers 99, Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Crush

Crush Rookie

There's no reason for Stern & Co to fix the NBA, and by fix I mean stop the fixing of games. Having posterboys in fairytale stories boosts popularity overall. Most fans are casual. People will still watch Rockets games

Terrible

2. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

RA just his in his postgame that Tmac was complaining of alot of soreness in the knee, and he tried to play him in the 4th, but he looked so awful that he was subbed out. Props to RA, JVG woulda let him stay the whole time

3. tanzjoy

tanzjoy Member

I love Ron Artest!

4. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Eh... 4th game in a 4 game, 5 night run with 3-4 players on the verge of injury (Alston, Battier, Tmac, Artest). Cavs at home on 2 days rest. Refs kept Yao out of the game.

Not to make excuses for a loss, but I have a feeling people are going to be jumping off buildings thinking this is the end of the season.

5. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I totally agree. It would have been difficult for LBJ to go to the rim if Yao was in the 3rd. If TMac was half of his usual self, this game would not even be close. Now remember that the rockets has someone named Deke to join later in the season. He would take LBJ out, not for this game only.

I am not worried by the Cavs. One of the two most overrated teams.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Stop posting around here. You started rooting for the Cavs.

7. blender

blender Member

Frustrating as hell, but this was still a great game. I loved the intense playoff atmosphere.

I thought the refs made some terrible calls on Yao, but that's going to happen in the playoffs, too. And when Yao was on the court, the Cavs did a great job being very physical with him. IMO, the Cavs centers got away with quite a bit, but that's what we should expect in the playoffs, so it's all good.

But kudos to the big fella for not wilting, and his play in the early fourth kept the Rockets in the game.

I am worried about McGrady, though. I'd like to think his poor play was due to his injury and fatigue, but it seemed to me like he was tight and nervous. I hope I'm wrong.

But as other posters have pointed out, the Rockets played pretty tough despite McGrady playing poorly and Yao being on the bench. In previous years, this would've been a blowout.

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

The NBA Referees treated Yao like a scrub for 3quarters then treated him like superstar Lebron James in the fourth quarter. Are the refs on drugs or what? :confused: How can they treat a same player so differently in a 48minutes span?

Despite not having Yao for 3 qtrs and with T-mac limping, the rockets hanged tough for 36minutes then Yao was given a chance by the same referees who screwed the first 36minutes to lead the rockets to the W. But Yao failed to deliver. The team failed to deliver overall. Can't really blame this loss solely on the referees. We have our chance but we failed as a team.

Tough loss but it was against a quality team on their home court and 4th games in 5 nights. i will accept the loss better than the Grizzlies and Clippers game.

Merry Christmas everyone! Good Day!

9. jensoncheng

jensoncheng New Member

原来在NBA也有这样的裁判?!

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I was thinking about the very same thing.

Isn't it a bit surprising that the refs in the 4tht quarter were calling all the touchy fouls that they were ignoring in the first 3 quarters?

Should we be so naive to believe that NBA games are not fixed some of the times?

11. TexAg

TexAg Member

If that is what you believe in TMac for then you have set yourself up for let down.

7 years ago Tmac had a 40 point game, because hes done well at a certain time period in the past you believe he is a continuous great player for the future? That just doesn't make sense. Since Utah hes had like 2 or 3 surgeries. Since Utah he hasnt had a 20 million dollar stretch of games where it looked like he was worth what hes getting paid.

Yao has had the last 6 games hes been going off, He still did tonight even with his limited minutes. Yao finishes his fast breaks. Sure its obvious if someone is injured then they wont be performing up to par, but if your injured you stay your ass of the court untill you will be beneficial to the team longer than 4 games untill you just turn into a liability.

As a team the rockets played well, great ball movement, and intensity, just poor calls, and the off chance that alot of rebounds were bouncing outside our players. We will beat this team if we were to see them in the playoffs, Tmac just needs to be on board or on the bench!

12. ovill27

ovill27 Member

The NBA F ed us tonight and the Refs!!! What in the H#ll dose Yao have to go through to get a call????? Please some one tell me i want to know. Dose he have to get shot or stabed Kicked in the groin or slaped in the face will the ref is his face talk to Ben Wallace Please tell me what the poor man has to do! And far as Landry gose go out and buy NO WAIT ill buy you an ipod so you put ANGRY music on it! so you can be ready to play cause Carl you look like you rather be sleeping or skipping outside the arena!!! :eek: as far as tonight gose this me for the rest of the night and tom!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. mercury.phang

mercury.phang Member

The NBA is a joke .

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

Great experience for Brooks and the whole team in general. Especially with the playoff atmosphere. Yao goes down, how do we score? That has been the problem, and we have found ways and hopefully we'll keep getting better at scoring without Yao.

Of course... we'll always have to give it back to the big man like we did in the 4th quarter.

Loved Yao dominance at the end.
    Loved Artest's defense on James for the first half.
    Loved our Point Guards' plays.

15. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

David Stern: There is a Tim Donaghy in all of us, in all of you, that is why I picked you! You are the best of the best at what you do

16. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Where is the refs?

17. lawe

lawe Member

here is the bad news, Deke says he would join Spurs or Celtics by the end of the season, and what is more disappointed is we can't do nothing about that...

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There is no doubt that he can't run and has no hops as well. I hope he will be able to fight it through,but I have doubts about that too.

19. shawndavis2006

Frustrating game. Again bad officiating (reminds me of game 5 vs Dallas in '05). T-Mac is obvious not at full strength, and Rockets just wilted down the stretch.

20. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Last time the refs gave Yao no free throw, and it did not works. This time the refs found a better way: just officating Yao. :confused: :confused: