1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 88, Rockets 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

Yao's stats should actually be higher because of what they did to him, and the incident that i just described to you. I wish I had a tape of the game so that I could prove it to people and offer definitive proof once and for all, but I am usually accurate when I notice things, so people will just have to trust me on this. So, believe it or not, his actual stats should be higher than what is recorded.

How do you expect Yao to do better when he is the most conspired against, schemed against, picked on player in the League? Maybe if Yao were officiated more fairly, like an NBA "golden child" or "poster boy" like Dwight Howard, then his stats would be higher and the Rockets would win more games, and the refs would not let other opposing defensive players foul him and do illegal stuff therefore hampering his chances to make his shots in and get 2 more points. I mean, look at Dwight Howard's 12 foul shots tonight. I am not saying that Dwight Howard doesn't deserve it, he is also a great center, but Yao definitely deserves that number of foul shots also every night , and if he got them, he would be a much better player, the Rockets would have won more games in the past, and who knows, might have already advanced deep into the playoffs and have been playing in the Western Conference Finals already.

So, don't blame Yao, blame "the system", and maybe if "the system" weren't so prejudiced against Yao in so many different ways for various reasons, then his stats would be higher, and the Houston Rockets would have won many more games before this.

2. blender

blender Member

I agree that we seemed to be rushing things, especially in the first half. We didn't dictate the pace as we had done in previous games.

But the "impressive" thing about Battier this series was that he wasn't just shooting when he was wide open, but was actively looking for his shot. (Well, actively for Battier.) Knowing that defenders would try to slag off of him, he would actually try to drive past his man and go to the rim.

I don't know, it didn't seem like he would suddenly decide to stop doing it for this game, when the team really needed some offense. Or I hope not.

3. big11

big11 Contributing Member

This is exactly how I feel he need to do for us to win the game. He played like a girl and we lost. After all these years, his mindset still weak. He need to impose his will on the game!

4. maderzhao

maderzhao Member

Great Post! But I blamed this loss to Yao. He showed no leadership when AB tried to play all by himself. He should have called that out and demanded the damn ball in force.

5. oakton

oakton Member

It's RA's fault!
    He keeps letting Brooks playing like that, he gave Brooks the authority to make those ridiculous shooting attempts. If RA doesn't allow it, he wouldn't give Brooks that many mintutes. Obviously he wants brooks to shoot more and less for Yao.

6. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

Overdramatic replies don't make you right. Saying words like FAIL is silly and foolish, and still doesn't detract from the hidden truth you obviously are hell-bent on covering up.

What the TNT announcer said when he the "mistake" was revealed twice was from the NBA official scorer, obviously they read it off what the official scorer tapped in with their light pen on their touch-screen laptop that they use to record the stats and had access to that information themselves.

Plus, over a period of 2 years in 11 games, I myself found out that they undercounted Yao Ming's blocks per game stats in 11 games. And don't tell me that I am wrong or mistaken. Yao usually gets less than 5 blocks per game, and so it is easy to count the number of blocks he gets per game. I actually downloaded the games that I counted myself and did this by hand manually myself, so don't tell me that I am wrong, or I am seeing things because I am not.

And I am not that delusional or naieve to think that when it happens 11 times in two years and when it happens that often that it is just a "coincidence". And that is only the times that I counted, I have seen tons of other Rockets games after that, but once I realized that they were doing it so often, like any reasonable common sense person, I concluded that they were doing it on purpose, and so I just stopped counting his blocks after I realized my original hunch--which I thought might just be my imagination, was correct, and they were undercounting his blocks. I estimate that Yao's actual blocks per game stat, for this year, and not his recorded one, should be anywhere from 2.1 to 2.5 blocks per game.

7. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

"Yood."

Nice whitewashing of things.

8. songst557

songst557 New Member

AB is RA's representative,that is a war between RA and Yao,inside vs outside,VGD's players vs RA's players.maybe it's joke,maybe it's fact.

9. songst557

songst557 New Member

he means at the same match.

10. Francis3mvp

Francis3mvp Member

why did adeleman stay with his starters the whole 3rd quarter and then when lowry and wafer came in we got the lead, and then he went back to the starters. I thought adeleman didnt give enough time to the bench players, and why not keep going to Scola? the man was lighting up Aldridge. Brooks trying to split defenders and losing the ball killed us. The Trailblazers played their best ball of the series and we still had a chance to beat them, so I am not worried about Game 6, we will take care of buisness thursday night and know we will finish them. I just bought my tix for game 6 and ready to get out of this 1st round and take on those damn ovverated lakers.

11. RocketsBearFan

What do you suggest that Yao do to make brooks give him the ball? I personally think Yao should just choke Brooks a little bit to get the point across. What do you think? Obviously Yao can't pass the ball to himself yet you seem to think he can so I'm just wondering what your suggestions are....

12. BornToWIN

BornToWIN Member

Before this series really begins, I believe no body will take it as an easy one, we just unconsciously overestimate our experience (only limited to 1 round) and capability after a big win.

When we hold the game point in our hands, we lost at the same time. The lust for win and the fighting resolve missed in game 5, which I personally think count the most to the lost. We put us into dilemma in the 1st half, when we try to fight back we just find everything is against us!

After this game, we should also show our respect to Blazers, they never give up, which will make this series so memorable if we pass the 1st round.

Hope amazing happens in game 6!

13. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

In order for us to make winning against Portland easier the Rockets must establish Yao in the low post from the start of the game. Every player on the team must make a conscious effort to get him the ball, which means: have patience. Yao will eventually establish himself even if hes being fronted, just have to swing the ball to the weak side and swing back and by that time Yao has position. That may sound like a lot of work but it literally can be done in 5 seconds. I really don't think the players are trying hard enough to get him the ball. And when he does get it from time to time, he may not be confident or comfortable enough to do something positive. A lot of times he will rush it, and lose his patience. But this wouldn't be a problem if he got more touches.

Ron Artest can be a very effective player in these games. Adelman needs to run more individual plays for him like pick and pops, and post ups. He always just seems to have the ball at the top of the key and he jacks up a contested shot. I don't think he has the discipline to make the right judgment when it comes to an isolation situation. and he seems to be in alot of iso. situations.

Arron Brooks is an offensive point guard. He is obviously not mature enough in his game to always make the right decision but to me it seems like he lacks a lot of confidence in his game. He is a much better player when he stops thinking. I think he over analyzes which allows him to make mistakes. He is a very instinctual player, a very rhythm type player. If he plays with confidence, he can be great and we've seen it, now it all comes down to consistency.

In order for us to get out of the first round and for us to be successful in the playoffs, the Rockets as a team must , MUST make Yao the first option EVERY SINGLE TIME and play inside, outside basketball. Mcmillen made major adjustments after game one and I have yet to see Adelman make such adjustments, and he must get this notion through to his team! I don't get it, sounds so simple, but why is it sooo hard!?!?!?!

14. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Exactly !!!! What your are saying is the TRUTH...ppl accused me of bashing Yao.

AB should not hold the weight or the pulse of the team. It should be Yao. Case closed.

15. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

congrats on ur first post!

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Nate has also done a pretty good job of maximizing his matchups. 1 game he plays outlaw at the 4. Tonight he brought Rudy in early. He's adjusting on the fly and the rockets haven't cracked 98 in awhile. This is playoff basketball and when 2 evenly matched teams play each other this many times, there will be some ugle games.

17. BornToWIN

BornToWIN Member

Thanks. Meet so many fans here is really pleasant thing! Rockets hold us together, and we should back Rockets up together!

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

!. Look him dead in his eyes.

2. Pass me the damn ball. Im not gonna tell you again!!

19. rocket 521

rocket 521 Member

I dont agree with you about AB is better than Alston. I really miss skip `~ :(

20. BornToWIN

BornToWIN Member

When Adelman were selected as the couch, Rockets were meant to be a team with no disipline. He never blames the players even they made horrible mistakes, that is why AB and AT can do whatever they like by ingoring the offensive options in the game.