1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Blazers 88, Rockets 77

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

15 pts 10 rebs is not all-star. Dont listen to reality. Dont care doesnt affect me.

2. ubigred

Can you read? Guess not.

PS: cant forget the obligatory : gtfoh :rolleyes:

3. ibm

ibm Member

there are plenty reasons to be a little worried.

our offense has been questionable for more than one game. and adelman is supposed to be a genius on offense. yeah the 4th quarter execution is bad, but when it happens repeatedly, it makes me wonder how adelman enforces his gameplan offensively onto the players. for instance, since the refs were calling every touch fouls on roy, artest's defense wasn't as effective as it could be. so maybe wafer should see a couple more minutes, especially when we're trailing. just a thought.

4. blender

blender Member

Artest and Brooks had poor nights, but I'm really wondering about Battier. Four points and only one 3-point attempt? Why did his offense suddenly disappear tonight?

Did Portland defend him differently, or did guarding Rudy Fernandez take him out of his rhythm?

5. ibm

ibm Member

no, yao is nowhere near an allstar.

you are the allstar on this board. i mean 10 yao-bashing posts in 5 minutes... that was almost mvp like...

6. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

Agreed, if Yao had the same 20 Brooks-shots, he would have made 11 or 12 of 'em, or even higher. Brooks simply refuse to feed, much less find, the big C. Instead, he's always looking for Artest in every possession, another low % guy. Ugh.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

rookie of the year :D

8. ubigred

if it makes you happy....

9. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

You're obviouly just arguing just to turn people against Yao. That's why you are using wrong stats and minimizing his actual stats. :rolleyes:

He did not get 10 rebounds this game, he got 12. Even his series average is over 10. And plus, they undercounted his rebounds in the last game, game 4 too. I remember twice in the last game the TNT announcer said that he had six rebounds, then when he collected his 7 rebound several minutes later, they again said that he had 6 rebounds. I was like, what?

Then also, near the end of the game the announcer said that Yao had 13 rebounds after he collected his 13th, but then when I checked the boxscore on NBA.com after the game it turns out the boxscore read 12 when the TNT announcer clearly said 13. Obviously, they read it from the laptop computer that they had in front of them when they were announcing the game when Yao got his 13th rebound and the scorekeepers penned it in, and so that number, the original number the scorekeeper said, was probably correct.

I'm not even going to go into why the scorekeepers lowered Yao stats in the boxscore by the end of the game. I'm sure that you and I both know why. I guess you are the very same type and kind of person who would do that to Yao, who would go to great lengths to prove his "inferiority", even to cheat him in stats, when obviously what you believe, or I should say, what you want to believe about him, is obviously not objective reality. But the bottom line is, as evidenced by the cheating scorekeepers, he definitely impacts the game defensively more than you are saying. Plus, I know that you probably know this already, but might I remind you that he has had multiple blocks on Brandon Roy this whole series, I believe in some games twice in one game, despite what the official stat sheet says.

Plus, you and I both know that the only reason his scoring is so low is because shoots less because Yao is a very unselfish player and also because Yao is a team oriented player and undemanding, and so he takes less shot attempts than most other players, sacrificing himself individually and his own individual glory for the sake of the team to win. And plus, other reasons why he scores only 15 points is because his teammates won't pass him the balkl because they only care about their own individual g;lory, and looking like a hero in front of the audience by taking and making tough shots, and also because they take liberties and take him for granted because he is Asian and from China.

10. ibm

ibm Member

no, you make the "darkest of moments" for me.

done with you.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

if you've watched enough playoff matches over the year, you should know that's how they go. It would have been a great surprise if houston won tonight....unfortunately we have too many people here who dont watch anything but rockets' games...i wouldnt be surprised if they blew out portland again in game 6.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you could say that Fernandez took him out of his stroke IF he actually missed a bunch of shots....he didnt, he just didnt shoot.

Adelman mentioned it before, when the ball movement is right, battier gets lots of open looks....the movement wasnt there for the most part, WAY too much quick shots by various guilty parties. Also, how open he gets on the weakside has alot to do with how the defense plays Yao. When they double, other players get open....he wasnt the one open, but Scola was most of the time.

what doesnt help on nights like this is his usual disinterest in looking for his shot.

13. ubigred

1. Those are what he is avg for the playoffs.

2. The bold is what is holding us back and the reason why we are playing game 6 round 1 , instead of game 1 round 2.

14. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

It's basically put up or shut up time for the Rockets. Come out hungry and take care of business at home or dig yourselves a deep hole in trying to win game 7 on the road.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

LOL @ you not knowing that he IS a scorer...

16. ubigred

good.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

this entire post is so full of fail it stands out in a forum of whiny failures.

You are basing this little delusion of yours on what a TNT announcer said versus the official NBA scorer????

really??

seriously???

Read this carefully so there can be no misunderstanding.

Tv announcers make mistakes ALL THE TIME...even our own guys (Bill/Bull) always say one stat during a game and when you see the final box, you find they were mistaken.

dont get round here throwing that race card in people's faces....it detracts from cases of actual racism that actuallly hurts people.

18. songst557

songst557 New Member

I think so...........

19. tandy11

tandy11 Member

NOT BAD,say who can win the refs?

20. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I doubt Brooks will play as bad and probably the same for Landry. Artest certainly can play much worse; see game 4 and countless other times during the season. More time for Von and more plays run for Battier!