1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible undrafted free agent gems

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by basketballholic, May 26, 2015.

1. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I put this in my other thread, but Briante Weber could be a specialty pressure D PG. Like a Beverley on crack (but even more inept on O).

2. basketballholic

He suffered a gruesome injury basically tearing his leg off below the knee in January. I understand the love for his game pre-injury. Just don't see him coming back from that bad of an injury any time soon and if he is able to come back we'll have to see what his lateral movement is like post-injury. I do understand why you like his game though. He is/was a younger, more athletic Pat Beverley.

3. Muaz

Muaz Member

I feel like keifer Sykes could definitely be a gem quick, fast has the aaron brooks, partty mills, Ty Lawson lite back up spark plug potential. We did work him out on Tuesday too I believe.

4. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

Nothing thing to do with the rockets

However....one name in particular.... I am a huge utep miner fan and this season we had a guy that has the potential to become a really good player in the nba....he is 6-8 and his name is Vince hunter....coming from utep and only being a sophmore when he left he hasn't had the publicity but remember I told you about him. If he keeps the same work ethic going....this guy could be a good player down the road.....and his teammate is Julian Washburn a 6-7 sg that is outstanding defensively.... Hunter absolutely demolished the inside against Arizona.....not sure if there is any film on that game

5. basketballholic

He'll have to show he can shoot the 3-ball effectively. Hasn't shown that yet.

6. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

7. basketballholic

Hunter is interesting. Came out as a sophomore with little chance to be drafted. Looks like he wants to make $$$. I suspect when he doesn't get drafted he might head overseas. Here's vid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q31ayIGn1NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He isn't a point guard. He's Jason Terry all over again only not as good. He is the opposite of Tyus Jones. A look for mine first poor decision making overdribbling mini Harden. Why do we want a undersized sg playing next to Harden.

Tyus Jones has a skillset that you undervalue but is hard to come by. He's the best at it and Payne is a decent second but Payne has more size which is why he is projected higher.

You are right though, it's easy to find guys like him but I would take Corey Hawkins over him. You want someone who might go undrafted take Trevor Lacey. He's a better playmaker who can play some D as well.

9. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

Again totally off subject but had to throw this out there!! Utep basketball is gonna be awesome next year FYI!! Two top 20 jc transfers a couple 4 star players and a good returning team after winning over 20 games last year

10. Fantasma Negro

Kendall Gray

Sleeper Report: Kendall Gray (Delaware State)

[​IMG]

By James Blackburn

Game Scouted: Delaware State @ NC A & T

Delaware State wins 67-52

Box Score

Kendall Gray (C, 6’10”, SR)

Stats

34 min, 4-7 FG, 2-2 FT, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 TO, 10 TP

Strengths

Terrific shot blocker who controls the paint. Gets most of his blocks from the weak-side partly because of his athleticism but mainly because of his good timing. Stays down and creates a wall until offensive player goes into his shot then he jumps for the block.

Grabs rebounds with 2 hands and controls it. Rebounds in traffic and is strong with the ball. Talks and directs traffic on the back side of the zone. Showed he could close out on shooters and move his feet.

Capable of knocking down the midrange jumper from different areas including the elbow and corner. Has a soft touch and a good looking stroke. Good FT shooter for a big man. Underrated skill level- solid passing skills and is a good shooter for a big man 15′ and in.

Solid back to the basket game. Loves to go into slide dribble moves where he can spin move, right hook, or the up and under.

Unselfish player who will pass out of the double team and then repost. Doesnt complain even when a teammate misses him.

Weaknesses

Is a mobile big man, but doesnt run the floor extremely well, he doesn’t have long strides- is more of a shuffle.

Needs to be more aggressive offensively and demand the ball- allows himself to be fronted and taken away in the post too easily.

Overview

Is currently averaging a double-double to go along with 3 blocks per contest. Skilled bigs who can also block shots and rebound are not easy to find, and that what Gray does. He should receive an invite to the Portsmouth Invitational and with a solid showing could earn an invite to the NBA Summer League.

Charlotte Hornets Workout
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/2015-draft-workouts-kendall-gray-06/03/15

11. basketballholic

Kendall Gray is ineresting. Like his JYD mentality.

I'd rather just draft Richaun Holmes in the second however.

12. Fantasma Negro

Gray is a better defender and a better rebounder he's victim of playing at a small school.

13. basketballholic

I really can't judge that without more video. And there's just not that much video of Kendall Gray available.

But I understand what you like about him. And he is most likely going undrafted. Probably worth a training camp look somewhere.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Vince Hunter and Kendall Gray will go undrafted. No need in wasting a pick on them.

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

D'angelo Harrison
    Quinn Cook
    Joseph Young

16. Chamillionaire

These guys sound like a bunch of NBDA lifers. Carry on.

17. Fantasma Negro

Mostly alleys and tip dunks but still...
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VkNPevEDvCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/VkNPevEDvCA

18. basketballholic

Sixers have had him in twice. If there's anybody that recognizes talent at these levels it's Hinkie. Wouldn't surprise me if Hinkie drafts this kid.

19. basketballholic

Welp, so much for him going undrafted. #38 to the Pistons.

He's got a chance to make it.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hurray up, Morey!!! Get 'er done!!!
    Christian Wood and Vince Hunter!!!!!!!!