1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Trades for a help at the PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stevel, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He would be a great acquisition if for no other reason than he is an "expiring contract". But I dont see what the 76ers would want from our team for him.

2. a-rock

a-rock Member

since we need a pg, why donĀ“t we send em spoon in exchange? :D

3. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

IMO a guy who can score and rebound 10/10 per average is not over paid

well a said this like three years ago dam that posey trade

4. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

If KT could get me 10/10 I would be happy while playing tough defense.

Im looking for someone at the PF spot that injects some toughness into this team.

Cato did that last year and no one is doing it this year.

We missed out on so many PF's it drives me nuts.

Dice? wasnt he interested in Houston cuz he lives here.
    Sheed? was interested in Houston because of Mobes?

J

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Hornets are tanking this year perhaps they will look to reduce payroll. Maybe they would be willing to take Mo Taylor off our hands for PJ Brown. Taylor makes slightly more money but Brown's contract is a year longer in length. So Taylor comes off the books sooner. Also Taylor might be a better fit in Byron Scott's up tempo offense versus PJ Brown.

I think there is a chance...but a slim one.

6. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

For this season, Brown would be an upgrade over Howard/Taylor. But he is 35 and would make us an even older team. Thats the only thing that would concern me about trading for him.

7. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

man, f*** Kenny.

j/k ;)

While trading for Kenny is tempting in the short-term, I think it would be a mistake over the long-term. Keep in mind that Kenny has five not-so-cheap years on his contract after this season. As someone said before the Posey trade, who here thinks Kenny Thomas can be the starting PF on a championship-contending team? If Kenny were willing to come off the bench at some point, I'd probably be okay with it even though he'd be overpaid as a bench player. However, Stevel already confirmed that Kenny (understandably) wants to start. As bad as our PF situation is now, I don't want to be stuck with a disgruntled, overpaid Kenny Thomas in three, four, five years.

8. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Is this a KThomas trade thread or which possible PF's could we get to help us at the 4 spot.

I mentioned a few that we could use at the 4 and could possibly trade for..

*disclaimer - not every center in the league can come in and play PF for us and struggling teams are usually more willing to make changes.

AMcDyess - is a risk but could be had for the right pieces. Detroit has enough defense and may need a scoring PF at some point. (CWilliamson mode) dont rule out Detroit and their plethora of big men as a potential trading partner if something should happen to their backcourt.

KThomas - since this thread seems to be dedicated to the younger CSpoon I guess he should be mentioned.

CWebb - Sac. has been looking to move him and his huge contract but has no takers. If we can move some of our large contracts Mot/CSpoon he would be the perfect compliment to our big two. Say what you will about the guy (lost a step. blah blah blah) he fills a need and is better than our 4 PF's put together. If things get really sour between Peja and Chris expect CWebb to be moved somewhere.

EBrand - Sooner or later the Clippers will revert to their old form and move their big contract players for more rookies (or expiring contracts) and continue the vicious lottery cycle. If they continue to be a lottery bound team I dont see any reason why Sterling would continue to want to pay Brand's salary.

RLaFrentz - Celtics are hurting for big men and could be willing to move their 6-11 PF/C for some low post scoring and more depth. (example - Raef for Jhoward/CSpoon) hehe I can hope.

SAR - He's out there but im not really interested in this guy.. puts up good numbers on bad teams and not really what were lookin for especially for his price.

EGriffin - We could probably swing a deal to bring him home or wait for his contract to expire and try to sign him. I think he still owns a home here and if we have a good showing in the playoffs might be more inclined to try it again. (hope he feels like he owes us)

PJBrown - Hornets look like they are ready to call it quits and might be a willing trading partner. Fills a couple needs reb/def/size Should be worth a call. (age is a factor)

TMurphy - just signed a big contract with GS maybe we can lure him away by promising GS first crack at signing Yao next year. LOL

TChandler - By Midseason they will be looking to rebuild if they dont show any hope of making the playoffs. Im worried about this guy its a contract year and he's still not showing much improvement and I know alot of people here are enamored with his size and age.

Nene - I hope Denver keeps struggling and they decide to move this guy for some shooting.. I know we dont have anything they would want but maybe we can work a threeway.

J

9. HoustonForever

10. Char

Char Member

ah, you must have pointed a gun in Donald Sterling's head.

Let me say, get Fortson from Sonics will be fine.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Taylor for PJ Brown
    Howard for Donyell Marshall
    Weatherspoon and Lue for Jason Williams

12. tbui

tbui Member

How about Yao, Lue, Taylor for VC Bosh and alston. Maybe a change of scenery is what VC needs. Maybe under a superstar, VC can step up and be a very good player. I always thought he's a penny type player who needs stars around him to thrive. VC's always played well with T-Mac. So how about it?

13. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

if they trade away taylor. wouldnt that make yao/boki the longest tenured rockets?

14. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Really, really, really, really, really, really, ...., brilliant!

15. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Everyone talking about trade Yao has to be crazy. We are NOT trading that guy now, tomorrow, or EVER. Unless he's at the end of his career. Get used to the guy being here because absolutely no trade would make up for what Yao is and IS GOING TO bring to the team in the future.

16. tbui

tbui Member

So you think no trade will ever equal 18 and 8?

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

6ers sinkin n stinkin. Give them Mo and Clarence and the TE. Take back Dog Dog (and his bye-bye deal) and KT AND Samuel!

Since this will require a 'cut', trade Boki for Banks; Banks for NJ mid-#1.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Git'er done!

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

For the sake of argument, what about Badiene?

How hard can it be to tell him - get over here and do nothing but rebound and dunk/putback?

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

genius. right.