1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Terror Attack in NYC Subway

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 12, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thank you, dear poster I have never even noticed.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Race drives a great deal of our politics for sure. The right wants to play up - blacks are violent and therefore should not get any empathy for their struggling lives narrative.

When it's a white shooter - it's always a mental health issue. But when the criminal is black, it's about them getting bail or not, or how easy people are being on them.

This guy is obviously deranged much like other mass shooters. It's too bad there isn't a good system for identifying such people and getting them help before they go postal.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

kinda wish people would sex up their ignore announcements, you know, treat it like a gender reveal announcement or something

gender-reveal-boy.gif

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is the type of crazy, deranged, radicalized sh*t people who go deep into the rabbit hole start spouting…this is why HardenVolumeOne is suspect

u already know HardenVolumeOne is on some fringe dark website typing far more ridiculous nonsense than he was on here

these types of people are unhinged

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who thought Harden was better than Hakeem Olajuwon is suspect of mental illness

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

he is definitely not right in the head

with people like HardenVolumeOne, when their crazy talk starts progressing to espousing violent views, that’s when u immediately ignore, block, and unfriend…then u notify authorities because they are crazy enough to do something terrible

Slyonebluejay and tinman like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He said he suffered from PTSD, so he obviously had mental issues. I think anyone who commits domestic terrorism, serial killings, or hate fueled rage killings, is mentally ill. How can you call anyone who does any of that sane?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What a lunatic. I think the right will use this as an avenue to explain why it's a bad idea to look at history of racism in this country and how it effects socioeconomic conditions of today.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

if I didn't know better I'd say it sounds like you're trying to politicize this incident

10. fchowd0311

Probably. Ya, sure why not,

JayGoogle and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think it's a false premise. If the shooter was white - that alone is not enough to raise an alarm about white nationalism. If the shooter was white and had similar videos - than yes, there may have been a bigger alarm.

There are some critical differences that are not being addressed. One is that white supremacy and violence associated with it is on a significant rise. That is an organized movement.

To date, there is not organized movement against white people in this country. This was a lone lunatic who from the description of his prior behavior is clearly not mentally right.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not all mental illnesses are created equally. There are many functional people with PTSD - but I don't think that alone isn't what's going on here Regardless, this man is not fit to interact with society any longer.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I don't think the point the author is trying to make (I could be wrong though) is that there is an "organized movement against white people in this country." That this person is a "lone lunatic" is something I think we both agree on. But by the same token, virtually every mass shooter is a "lone lunatic." I think you can't generalize about any of these folks.

for what it's worth I think the author's point is a far more limited one, primarily about media coverage

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think the larger point is that there is no conspiracy here - no other movement to connect his actions with. Contrast that with the El Paso shooter (Which Trump himself condemned as white supremacy), who was part of a right-wing community, inspired by other white nationalists and the "Great Replacement" and posted a manifesto that has been shared around on social media (one could ask if 8chan unfairly censored him?). He also was clear in his thinking and not a babbling idiot.

So given these things, I don't think this is about a racial bias in the media - I really don't see it. And I think politicians might be quick to connect a long insane white man to white nationalism / supremacy - and that may be a fair point, but I don't think it's fair to say Biden would do that given he hasn't shown a propensity to jump to conclusions in other realms - specifically speaking to how careful he's been to call what's happening in Ukraine a genocide for instance..

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fair enough

18. Buck Turgidson

So...uh...have they caught the guy yet? Any news on that?

tinman likes this.
  19. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The media does enable it though. Go look at ANY article about a black person on the Fox News website. Look at the comments. They are vile. There is very little moderation or deletion of comments. They rant about the 13% and how black people are sub-human. Anytime I start to delude myself into believing things are getting better in this country, I just go read the comments there.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Yes

Buck Turgidson likes this.