1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Spoiler to the BCS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 2, 2001.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well, it's seems that it is a different team each week that can play the role of spoiling Miami's chances of making the BCS Championship game.

This time it's Stanford. Cat, shanna, Pued, gr8-1, and the rest of the Longhorn fans have to be with me in rooting for a Stanford loss this weekend. Stanford is really moving up in the BCS and in those damn computer polls plus their strength of schedule is rated #1 right now.

The good news is that Stanford is playing at Washington where they have not won since 1975 plus Washington always finds a way to win in the 4th quarter.

The bad news is that after Washington, Stanford has a cupcake schedule in at Arizona, home vs. California, home vs. Notre Dame, and at San Jose State. If they win at Washington, it's a pretty good bet that they will win out.

It will suck to see them playing in the BCS championship game over an undefeated Miami team or a one loss Texas team.

2. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

All I can say is that my Washington State University Cougars beat Stanford and would have been right there in the Nat'l Championship hunt if Oregon hadn't squeeked out the victory last week.. I'm not trying to diss anyone else's team.. just lamenting the fact that the Cougs couldn't get it done... I'm sure most of ya'll haven't seen them or probably haven't ever heard much about the WSU Cougars, but trust me, they are a very good team this year, but it's all for nothing since they took the Rose Bowl away from the Pac 10 (unless you're number 1 or 2 in the BCS).