1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible brain-drain from analytics staff?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Oct 30, 2020.

1. alethios

alethios Member

While I agree with you that Morey leaving doesn't spell the end of Rockets' success, I don't think he's been a failure unless your idea of failure is solely based on not having won a championship.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Poop face. You comprendas nada. Owners change, players change, GENERAL MANAGERS change.. my loyalty doesn’t. I’m a die hard. Your fandom falls apart because the gm changed. You’re weak and you can’t handle this. It’s best to accept the new, if you can’t... leave. It’s not that big of a deal.

Carol Dawson >>> Morey

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

die hard's are able to realize when things are bad and when things are good. They are able to see both. fake fans are ones who don't get that and think oh everything is just fine, especially when they blame everything on something that's not the actual problem. Those are the worst fans

It's funny because Tilman runs the rockets. and no I don't eat at any of his trash places

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If you ain’t first, you’re last!

Not only are you last, but your whole philosophy and strategy is wrong and stupid.

Wooo!

YOLO likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah im good. I'm going to continue to do me, especially when i want to see what dumbass excuses youll have for the future

6. don grahamleone

okay. Do you.

I’m not blind. I just don’t scream about the sky falling because our overrated GM left.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah because you think he was the problem. of course you aren't. we knew that already

Youll be screaming about dumbass stuff later that most of us knew what the real problems were. In that sense, you are pretty blind

8. don grahamleone

I believe Harden is the best player in the league. His inability to harness that... that’s his failure here. He was close, but it didn’t work. So to me.. it’s time to move on.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly needs to one up Morey and hire Shane Battier.

That should shut up all the Morey only stans. I admit I loved Morey but hes no longer a Rocket so out of sight, out of mind.

Shane is Miami Heat Director of Player Personnel and Analytics and there is no denying that Heat have the best player development program in entire NBA.

Better than Raptors, better than Celtics.

President of Basketball Operations is the same title that Morey took in Philly.

Rockets need a win right now, Patrick needs to make his mark by hiring Shane Battier as PRESIDENT of Basketball Operations and expand player development beyond just Lucas and Macha. Timberwolves for example have a Director of Player Development plus 6 development coaches AND a sports psychologist.

Rockets would receive great national PR with that hire but more importantly for Rockets fans, more focus and money would be spent aggressively developing all the good players that Morey and scouting team used to identify.

Remember, not only Morey gone, but Rockets lost BJ, Monte, Gersshon who were critical part of the analytics and innovation team to improve on court play & chemistry. Just as important Stone did not come out of the Basketball Operations division but out of the Business/Legal Operations division of the Houston Rockets.

Not going to replace Morey and his think tank, in short term, with just ONE person.

#69 D-rock, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    don grahamleone likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tilly needs 4 weeks just to negotiate a mini mouse deal for john lucas. new-money turned no-money b**** can't even afford battier's jockstrap

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Well Patrick needs to make his mark and Tilly needs to walk his talk.

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i honestly don't see how these fools survive another 6 months. pelosi's speech today clearly referenced nationwide lockdown to come -- that will effectively kill tilly's businesses 360degrees all around. and he's already drowning overleveraged in debt. maybe he finally agrees to sell half equity in the team, win-win for him plus the players & fans

D-rock likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly will survive.

He's tougher than a cockroach.

And almost as smart.

don grahamleone and pippendagimp like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

LOL

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

I’m not down with Tilman hate due to “jokes” around here being repeats of the same material told in repetitive mundane ways... this though... hilarious.

and almost as smart... lol

After reading this through my landline I want to use this in my land life. Post of the month nomination! Here here!

D-rock likes this.