1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Bonzi Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PolarBear, Dec 1, 2006.

1. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

According to RealGM, Bonzi can be traded on or after January 2. I'm inclined to think he'll never suit up again for the Rockets.

How about the following two trade possiblities that work according to RealGM (after January 2):

1) Bonzi & Juwan for Troy Murphy

or

2) Bonzi & Juwan for Kwame Brown (out of favor in LA)

I'd prefer #1, but don't know if GS would want to improve their 2/3 enough to lose Troy Murphy who can rebound and shoot, but is slow.

Both trades would give us some size at the 4, as well as a backup C when Mutombo retires next year.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I like your optimism. Wouldn't mind Murphy. But I don't see how Kwame is out of favor in LA. He's actually starting for them and has contributed solidly. I think Phil Jackson would rather have Kwame, "the veteran", start than Cook or Bynum.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Bonzi for Marbury

4. big11

big11 Contributing Member

I would rather trade those two for David Lee if NYK willing. I really like his game. We need a body down low who can hassle, rebound and score a bit.

5. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Wells for Jarron Collins

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Well you're not getting Lee from the Knicks but Zeke would be a coach Bonzi could play for, you might be able to get a couple of the rookies like Nate and Balkman for Bonzi. Problem with Bonzi is he is worth about 6M but making 2.5M so its hard to get equivalent talent for him.

7. jason_long

jason_long Member

i like the 1st one, pack bonzi with juwan.

per 2nd one, i don't think L.A. will let Kwame go,
    since christ mihn is injured for the whole season.
    If Kwame left, then there would be only Bynum at C.
    L.A. won't let Kwame go unless it's for KG.

I'm pretty sure, Heat will give up Walker or Posey
    for bonzi, but neither of the two is good for us.

8. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

Well I'm glad somebody is finally talking about this (or maybe I've just been out of the loop lately). I don't know what kind of value we can get from Wells. Everybody knows he can be a very solid player when he's in shape. Will teams give us what he's worth? Probably not. Will they give us someone worthwhile? I think so. Frankly I don't care if we get exactly what he is worth, he was a welcome surprise to this offseason, and I just hope we end up getting someone or something decent out of the deal, and get rid of him as soon as possible (or get him on the court). Either way, it's not like we're paying him half of what he's worth!

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Unless we get a player the will give us significant contributions in return for Bonzi, I say we keep the guy on the roster, let him sit at home and watch his value decrease as his belly grows.

Ruining the rest of his career would be fine by me if he is going to screw us.

10. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

I just wish the roxs would man up and give fans a real update on the bonzi situation.

11. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

bonzi ruined his own way...even with a low pay he shouldn't act like an amateur, attitude is everything, just trade him thoug many of us used to like him!

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Bonzi + Sura for Mike James?

On hoopshype it says Sura's contract has another year, but I pretty sure there was a chronicle article that said otherwise. Things don't seem to be working out for James in Minny, and even though he's taken a step back this season, he's still shooting better than Rafer.

I just have a weird feeling that this is exactly the kind of move our front office would make.

13. YaozaMac

YaozaMac Member

Mike james will not be a rocket, get over it...mmkay :rolleyes:

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Would a trade for Earl Watson make sense for this team? He'd be a huge upgrade to our perimeter defense, compared to Alson or Head.

15. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

wells and jh for millsap

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dunleavy is reportedly Nellie's least favourite player, but he's a BYC player, and too difficult to move this season.

Warriors have Pietrus and Ellis to worry at season's end. Ellis will be an unrestricted free agent, while Pietrus is restricted.

I don't think will be able to stay under the cap if they re-sign both players without making any moves.

Davis has already missed a few games through injury and J-Rich is hampered by a bum knee (had surgery during off-season).

Bonzi for Pietrus?

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I have been considering this for a while now, but he's paid a good chunk. An Alston for Watson trade straight up wouldn't even go through. We'd have to probably trade 2 players...it appears (per RealGM) that Bonzi + Sura for Watson would work (come January). I don't really see why Seattle does that though. Ray and Rashard already have the SG/SF positions locked up, not leaving much room for Bonzi. Unless they wanted to go ultra small and go with Ridnour/Allen/Wells/Lewis/Wilcox.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Have you any idea how trades work? :eek:

19. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

IF we are trading fat butt away i hope its for a PF/C

20. KGHossman

KGHossman Member

What about Bonzi Wells to the Bulls for Chris Duhon. I think the salaries match up. Duhon seems like a good fit in Houston. His numbers: 8.3 ppg, 45.1 fg%, (20-47) 42.6% 3pt. shooting, 3.2 apg, and 1.21 TO. He came from Duke, and seems semi-expendable by the Bulls, since Hinrich is their starting pg, and Sefalosha seems to be playing pretty well for them as well. Bonzi would seem like a good addition to the Bulls, and gives them another scoring threat besides ben gordon. The only problem is I think Scott Skiles' and Bonzi Wells' personalities would clash. And, that no headband rule would not fly well with bonzi wells.

Also, rumor has it that Corey Maggette is on the trading block. What about packaging Rafer and Bonzi to the Clips for Maggette?? I just don't know if they would go for it.