1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Windchime, Apr 18, 2013.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I think we're better off playing vs OKC... there are several reasons for this... one of them is Spurs play dangerous TEAMBALL...while OKC has westbrick that will surely present us with a lot of opportunities

2. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

I know this year was about growth but honestly, dropping from 7 to 8 was a blow to the heart. I HONESTLY thought we had a chance against the injured spurs to get to the second round and hopefully face GS. But now we are in 8th and facing OKC cuz we couldn't beat lesser teams like the suns? Wtf...it's just so heartbreaking. The worst part is that the lakers might go to the second round when it could have been US. They don't deserve anything they have gotten, they won games they shouldn't have because of BS. My only hope now is that we don't get completely swept.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I honestly am not so sure playing the Spurs would have been such a blessing. Tony Parker routinely tears us apart.

Let's face it, like JVG says "you are what your record says you are". We are the 8th seed playoff team, no better and no worse. Beating the Lakers last night would not mean we are championship contenders, and losing to them does not mean we are the worst team in the NBA.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I know this team has a small chance against OKC. They blew us out the first two times, but the first game happened after the team flew back from the funeral in Minnesota after a game they had the night before. The second game was a fourth game in five nights. Both times OKC had at least a day of rest. The first game, I believe they had two. Finally for the third game, we both have equal amount of rest. Even though our entire pf rotation was traded like that day IIRC.

The Rockets can stretch it to six, maybe seven.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

sofia how about you get a life? the feelings in your life have a purpose they telling you 'dont go that road'...its psychological immune system....dont place your hopes on rockets(or any other for that matter ) to make you happy....being sad about sports team losing a game is childlish behaviour...its an indiator that your life lacks in content.......and this is a positivity thread
    [​IMG]

6. xm2x

xm2x Member

I'm all for gaining playoff experience for the players if they make it competitive. However, I don't see that against KD and his crew.

7. eg85

eg85 Member

Im just happy were back in the playoffs :grin:, i remember the thunder's first playoff run was against the lakers in the first round they were pretty young and gave the lakers some trouble.

8. 45souf

45souf Member

Why are people let down? We made the playoffs. We were forecasted to win 35 games this year. Im just glad i can say We Made it...Cant wait...

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I just hope the team isn't down and gets pumped once they realize it is the playoffs and were in it for the first time in 4 years it's playoff time fellas the team needs to realize that last nights game wasn't a deciding game for us like lose and we are out we clinched weeks ago so get pumped because it will be a fun series against OKC my prediction we steal one in OKC

10. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

Right on!

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If we want to win a championship one day, we need to get through OKC. That's just the way it is. We might as well start now...

12. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

at least spell my name right, asswipe

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm just glad to know McHale won't be here when the team hits it's peak.

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

James Harden is not perfect.

But.

He's 23.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KuStsFW4EmQ#t=0m59s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

because they are programed that way...emotions and coresponding body chemicals are of the most addictive substances on the earth...more addictive than heroin...person addicted to feeling bad will unconsciously re-create circumstances and/or find 'reasons' to feel bad anyway...we live in a psychological reality and we are never ever feeling our circumstances but always and only our thinking...
    [​IMG]

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

is that some kind of weird or pervert way to hit on me?
    [​IMG]

18. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I respect your optimism but the biggest difference between that huge win and now is Harden's health. The Harden we will see in the playoffs is not the same guy. That guy was the best 2 guard in the league. The guy we will get is New-York-Knick-era Stephon Marbury. McHale ran him into the ground.

Into. The. Ground.

And it shows. Check the game log from the last 2 months, it isn't pretty.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3992/james-harden

I would love to be wrong though.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh.... fugggg we are in the Playoffs.... where did those chants go?

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This was a great season. We were the most exciting team in the league to watch. When we don't hit our three's we look like a horrible team. When we do hit our three's we set records and blow out opponets. We are the youngest team with the youngest superstar. I am not disapointed at all in any player. They all did their best and they deserve nothing less than our complete respect and support for the future.

However, I must say that my one disapointment comes from the Houston Rockets fans. Constant bickering. Empty seats. Lin only fans who constanly attack harden fans and vice versa. We have some of the worst and most ungrateful fans in the NBA.

Right now we are the 8th seed in the west, if we were in the east we would be the 5th seed. We had a tough schedule and we don't play well on the second night of back to backs, because we are young and inexperienced. James Harden has lost a step since his injury but he will get better. We had a chance at the 6th seed but honestly we haven't even beaten Denver this year and everyone is acting like it was gonna be easy for us to beat them if we made the 6th seed, ridiculous!!

I am excited about what the future will bring with this young Rockets team!!