1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positive side of things

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Jun 29, 2006.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I remember the Eddie Griffin draft and how happy I was when it occured.

I was just as happy if not happier this time around even though I new Gay was not the right fit for a healthy rockets team. I have been completely irritable and pissed ever since the Trade was annonced.

Since then a lot of people roasted the Rockets for Eddie Griffin and now we can officially call him a bust as the best player in the 2001 draft.

But I am wondering what people would like to happen in the future since like most others I feel like Rudy Gay is the best player in this draft?

Rudy Gay is a bust and feel like JVG and co were right about trading him.
    or
    Rudy Gay becomes a star so I can justify feeling so horrible about trading him.

2. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

I'm not a capologist, or don't even know where we stand as far as money goes....but will this deal at least free up money for us to bring in other Free Agents? Or are we still left with the MLE and the TE?

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

So this is kinda a reverse Eddie Griffin thing?

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

IT DOES NOT FREE UP MONEY!

BATTIER AND STRO'S CONTRACT MATCH, WE GIVE UP GAY FOR BASICLY FREE.

We have one less player for next season that is acttualy good.

So were stuck with the MLE and TE.

5. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Let's see the difference between Eddie Griffin and Rudy Gay:

1. Eddie Griffin coming out of High school, Rudy Gay from UConn, performed very well at NCAA level;
    2. Shane Battie is no Jeffery Richardson.
    3. CD drafted Eddie Griffin, Jerry West wants Rudy Gay;
    4. CD drafted Eddie Griffin, Jerry West wants Rudy Gay;
    5. CD drafted Eddie Griffin, Jerry West wants Rudy Gay;
    6. ...

Do you need more reason?

6. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Noone else after #7 was worth drafting, eh?

(Anyone else hope/feel that the thread starter was going to make the initial post a blank one?)

7. geennee

geennee Contributing Member

I think Eddie Griffin played in college.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. New Jack

New Jack Member

Compare what the Net’s got for Eddie Griffin and what the Rockets got for Rudy Gay, and it’s just laughable how lopsided both deals are. Both players got a similar amount of hype. Both players were considered arguably the top prospect in their draft. Griffin was drafted at #7, Gay was drafted #8.

Now even if you think Rudy Gay will turn into another bust like Eddie Griffin, look at how much the Nets were able to get for him. 3 first round draft picks (1 lottery, 2 mid first rounders) that eventually got them Richard Jefferson. Compare that to what the Rockets got for Gay. We got a 28 year old role player that would have been, at best, a mid-1st rounder if he entered the draft today. Not to mention, we threw in Swift.

The more I think about it, the more agitated I get.

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Yes, I think we should all try and see the positive side of things:

Toyota Center tickets will still be so damn expensive that you won't be able to go see the Rockets lose in person very often.

See! ALWAYS look on the bright side of your life! HAPPY! I'M HAPPY!