1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Positive Optimism|Rockets may not be as bad as people think

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Someone was looking up the numbers without dwight, and you add Gordon + Anderson to this lineup. This team could be lights out on the scoring if healthy.

Rockets could be challenging the Clippers Seed at home court in the first round if everything goest right. What if Kj Mcdaniels has a break out year? Harrell? Capela? Some of the rookies.

This team still looks good on paper. What ever changes Morey has up his sleeve yet still could mold/Improve the team. Looks promising thou.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Doesn't matter how good we wish they were or want them to be. We will not be able to beat the Warriors let alone make the playoffs.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Love the optimism. But is there a negative optimism?

I'm more in the positive pessimism category myself.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm for a complete reshaping of the team now. It's the only way we can catch GS before Harden becomes a free agent.

To me, that means trading Ariza, Brewer, and Beverley for young players and assets, and not matching DMo. Then we need to hope that a few of our young guys break out this season, putting us in better position to sign a couple of top free agents next summer.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Rockets have a better roster on paper. They have a coach that has to be an upgrade to JBB. At least I hope he is an upgrade. The Thunder are going to suck. The Clippers will be the Clippers, a great regular season team and a play-off choker.

The top five teams in the West will be GS, SA, LAC, HOU & MEM. The odds on favorite is and should be Golden State. After that it's going to be a toss up for the between the other 4. i suspect injuries will determine seeds 2 thru 4.

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Most Rocket fans are taking a wait and see approach because of the way last season imploded.

7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Not with your mentality they wont rook. ;)

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Rose colored glasses on maybe. But a year ago we were in the WCF after Dwight missing the majority of the season.
    Then last season happened. In hindsight we pulled the trigger on McHale too early and gave the reigns to an inexperienced JB.
    Not saying the WCF was the norm for our team, but last season certainly wasn't either.
    We've added some nice pieces and hopefully will lose some bad ones. Maybe a couple more and I think we'll be OK.

1 person likes this.
  9. chandlerbang21

Sorry but 2 pelicans players isn't enough to put this team in the top 5 IMO

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks or the laugh. The Rockets are definitely not anywhere near top 5.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Yao and T-Mac would have won championships together if healthy. Ralph Sampson, too, probably.

12. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Who cares. We aren't gonna win any ships anytime soon so it doesn't matter. Either compete for ships or it's pointless

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Meh, I hate the coaching hire and the way Le$$ has handled himself pretty much forever but even more so this offseason.

That being said, here it to hoping things work out. Things happen in season, injuries and the like that if things turn out right you just never know.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

An interesting poll would be if people think we will have a better record this year than last year.

I believe we will be better. We aren't winning a chip however.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We're gonna be decent. Won't be surprised at a top 4 seed tbh. I always have hope. :)

16. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

How about taking some lumps and growing as a team aka building character? Sometimes the process of watching a team grow together is enjoyable. Not saying this one will be as currently constructed but it's not all pointless if we don't win chips.

Insert "Ain't Nobody Got Time Fer Dat" meme

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

realism

couple games over or under

MEDIOCRITY!!!

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm pretty sure we'll be better than what a lot of people expect us to be, certainly better than last year but, a lot will depend on how Harden plays and acts on the court, if we're going to see the best Harden, i think we can easlily make the playoffs.

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

It's clear what direction this team is heading

Hired a coach who is offense 1st

Signed a guard who is offense only

Signed a forward who is offense only

We are very likely to be a top 5-6 seed playoff team. We are going to score a ton of points, heck with Anderson and Gordon shooting the 3 it will only make it even easier for Harden to score attacking. If we could only find a legitimate point guard to run the new offense, we could probably lead the league in scoring

Now, when we get to the playoffs and have very little if any ability to even try to defend people in a series, we won't be making very long playoff runs

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

With KD being a b**** and going to GSW Morey needs to pull something out of his ass and do it before the season.