1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positive Notes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, Nov 8, 2008.

1. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

It's nice to have a more positive thread finally. This team is definitely not ready, but I see them going in a positive direction right now. Many individual players on this team are doing very well i.e. Aaron Brooks is playing way better than I ever imagined. But this team though needs to play better as a whole. And that'll simply come with time and practice.

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

positive notes.

1)Great perimeter defense. In 6 games only a total of 16 3p made out of 74 attempt.

I think this is one of the reason why defensive rebounding have drop. Too many guys at the perimeter instead of clogging up space in the paint.

2)The play of AB, scola and barry.
    AB improve a lot, his turnover have drop, he starts to use his speed to create problem on both offense and defense.
    Scola will be a 15/7 guys by the end of the season. He started really well, score alot of points off the big 3.
    I'm really surprise how well barry plays.

3)FTs. Thanks Brent Gunning.

On the not so positive notes.
    1) Defense is not good, rox is holding 4/6 teams under 100 points, but 3 of those 4 is Griz, Thunder and Clips. Nothing too special about that.

2) Inconsistency, all our players had already at least 2 bad game.

3) Rebounding, its odd that a good rebounding team last season can drop so drastically, considering there is no roster change other than a certain 40 yr old.

4) Rafer, sorry for all the sayings about he have cut down his 3p shooting, in 6 games, i do not bite it. He have attempted 27 3p, the total attempt by AB and Barry combine. Tmac have only attempted 13 3s so far.

5) Injuries and sickness. Tmac is still suffering, Battier and SF3 is out, Yao "rumoured" to be injured, AB was out in the first game, Hayes got his shoulder banged up. This team is fragile.