1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[positive Iraq news] 15 of 18 benchmarks met

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Apollo Creed, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Always good to see, I suppose.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_iraq_progress

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to admit that while I'm still skeptical it does seem like progress is being made. A lot of this appears less to do with the success of the surge to dampen violence but with negotiation on the part of the US, Iraqi government and Sunni and Shiite militias. Progress is always going to be slow and incredibly uneven but I hope the Iraqis can eventually work things out.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I sure hope they have what it takes to pull their country together.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I thought the most telling thing about Iraq is that now it's less violent than Afghanistan. There is a lot of progress, and I give a ton of credit to General Petraeus. He is a military genius.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I don't exactly see the liberals running to this thread to congratulate the troops on their hard work paying off...

telling...

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . . .does this mean that 162 Billion Dollar Package is no longer necessary?

Rocket River

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

You're right, I just received word from our troops that they are absolutely heartbroken that SamFisher hasn't made an appearance in this thread.

8. Caboose

Caboose Member

15 of 18 satisfactory? what does that mean. 15 haven't been met. satisfactory could mean just about anything. i hope things are going well politically, but i don't buy it.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet your first post in this thread wasn't to congratulate the troops either.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For tater_j, the troops only real value is political.