1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Positionless Basketball and Rockets 2022-23/beyond

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 23, 2022.

?

Do you believe the Rockets have the roster to compete in a positionless league?

1. Yes, we're still young, but with more experience we have a solid core that will work.k.

2. No, our roster is still a work in progress and needs some tinkering to get there.

3. Who cares, positionless basketball is a fad and will go away soon.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd say his only physical limitation at the 3 is making 3-point shots. Sure there are better, taller, more athletic guys that are stars or close to it, but if Tate learns to shoot the 3, and Eason's three translates to the NBA, I'd love the Smith-Eason-Tate frontcourt long term with Green and a dynamic PG (TBD).

#61 Joe Joe, Aug 10, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He has both physical limitations and talent limitations.

It's so weird that you'd want a certified scrub like Tate..... then leave out 2 infinitely superior players in Sengun and KPJ.

Tate has no business starting for any team in the NBA. A 6'4 unathletic forward with no handle, no playmaking, who can't shoot wouldn't benefit any rotation.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

At least ask a logical and thought out question and not a condescending shi+ head one. Its your MO to be an ass hole i get it. But you gotta stop being an assshole shi+ head at some point in your life.

kjayp likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I agree that is part of coaching but some players have terrible habits and that’s what separates goof players from not so good players. And as bad as Wood was he was still arguably our best or one of our best players last year on a young and inexperienced team. We simply didn’t have the personnel. Not everything is on coaching as the players and team execute on the floor. But problem solved. Wood is gone.

fattz likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lots of basketball talk here amirite?

Talk about an a-hole sh!thead.

YOU are the one who admitted you don't understand what "positionless" means.

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you know I haven’t read anything you wrote since you said “disruptive” is a basketball term.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Have you figured out what positionless basketball means yet?

:rolleyes:o_O

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Your’re one of those guys that claim to have basketball knowledge from reading articles by Bill Simmons and YouTube videos on pick and roll defense. You buy into all the buzz terms and hype created by writers and guys that never played. Now you try to put me down because I don’t fundamentally believe in a concept or the term that was coined, which is a hyperbolic term to begin with. Oh and you never played the game at an organized level. And I’m sure I can bust your ass on the court.

kjayp likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You can't dispute what I said so your response is your hoops skills now?

I'd be more than happy to meet you in Temecula fake internet tough guy.

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol you have no credibility dude. Unlike you I think for myself and don’t buy into buzz words. Have you ever heard of difference of opinion? Or differing schools of thought? Or challenging or questioning a concept. Just because someone coined a term or someone popularized it does not mean it is gospel. Oh and “disruptive” is still not a basketball term Lol

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you ready to admit your ignorance yet?

Do you still struggle understanding what "positionless basketball" means, yes or no?

Very simple question for a mad skillz hooper like you amirite?

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol little dummy. You brought this on yourself. Go back to reading your bill simmons articles and shut up lol

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tough talking internet troll amirite?

Just admit you don't know jack.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

dudes got over 40,000 posts since 2006... obviously he just likes to argue...

and no, he does not accept the concept of differing opinions... its what he believes - or ur just stupid... smh...

Stephen_A likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Got a lot of those on this site. Opinion Nazi’s. The beauty of this site was to get different takes from fans not constant argument and squabbling over nonsense and claiming superior knowledge and bullshi+

Corrosion likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pot meet kettle ...

:rolleyes:

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You’re being disruptive.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're being a tool.

A useless one at that.