1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Posey or JJackson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SLA, Sep 30, 2003.

?

Jackson or Posey?

1. Jim Jackson!

108 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. James Posey!

28 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. SLA

SLA Member

Would you rather have made this trade earlier and signed Posey or do you like the signing of Jim Jackson?

How much is Jim Jackson's contract?

I am satisfied with Jackson...but why give up all these valuable draft picks?!?

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

1.5 million for one year and we get a clutch veteran who shoots well, plays hard-nosed defense and is strong around the basket and is a career 15 ppg scorer vs 22 million over 4 years for a strong defender with no reliable offense. We won big here.

As to giving up the first round draft pick- why do we need a mid-round first pick? We don't need to get any younger.

3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

player thats a crafty hard nosed defender. can hit the outside shots. has more methods of scorring than being at the end of an allley-oop.

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

Our bench is looking awesome this year. I don't really understand why people are saying that we need to trade Cuttino because we don't at all. Jimmy J and Adrian Griffin can slide back and forth between the 2 and the 3. While Pike can just back up Mobley and a few minutes at point as well. I just hope that Griffin finally plays as well as he should and that Norris's game pops back on track. I think its good to have Meech just in case one of our centers goes down. We are solid at pretty much every position..

PG-Wink/Mooch
    SG-Cat/Pike
    SF-Jimmy J/A. Griff
    PF-Taylor/EG
    C-Yao/Cato/Meech

5. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Technically with the money that would have spent on Posey, we picked up Jackson, Griffin, and Pike.

In which case, I would take those three over Posey.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have to say Jackson. He is a much more well rounded player than Posey plus he is smarter.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Jackson, but only because I don't think Posey is worth the contract he got.

8. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Jim Jackson is a much better player than Posey right now. And this team needs veteran leadership on the floor.

Plus Jackson always has chip on his shoulder when playing against Dallas and you know Amaechi is going to want a shot at Utah.

God i'm glad I got the basketball package this year. :D :cool: :p :)

9. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

The poll is kinda deceptive. If it's just asking what player I'd rather have in terms of talent at an equal price, obviously Posey. I'm looking at the question in terms of how it affects the rest of the lineup though. We have players instead of one by not choosing to resign Posey and at a cheaper price. The Rockets played this one right instead of being forced to pay too much for a guy. I'll take Jackson.

10. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Damn, what happened to the edit function?

11. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

jj most definitely! posey is just a one dimensional playere whereas jj is an all around guy.. and plus, coz of his contract, it sealed the comparison for me. jj any time than jposey.

12. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

don't forget nachbar. ha ha
    nachbar = langhi --> good in practice; bad in games.

13. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

Where r the guys who jumped all over the Rockets' management for not signing Posey?

14. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Rockets made a wise decision not to sigh Posey for the hefty contract. His contract could just end up as bad as Cato/Taylor/Moochie's contracts. We already has Yao and Francis as star. Rest we just need cheap/veteran role players.