1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2015.

Tags:
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Very polished but I'm not sure if it is better or Fisher actually runs better plays for him.

He'll definitely be a better offensive player than Davis, IMO.

The East finally got a stud

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a hard prediction. He definitely is more polished as a rookie then Davis was.

I don't know about athleticism but basketball iq is great so far.

3. omgTHEpotential

Or it could be that he's the 2nd option behind Melo, whereas Davis was the number one option from the get go.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dudes a ****ing nutjob racist POS. He deserves to dropped on his neck.

5. shastarocket

Very true, it is too early to say where he will end up. All I know is the he is a potent mixture of BBIQ, versatile offense, legit 7 footer and solid defense. Definitely a recipe for success in this league.

From what I saw last night (and a few other games), Melo seems to be taking the back seat. He barely had any shot attempts, let alone touched the ball, until late in the fourth. Now, I'm not saying that he's the primary option, but Fisher's offense is certainly working and allowing this committee approach to lead to solid wins.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

He could train with Hakeem and actually use some of the things he picked up, unlike Dwight, who still doesn't attack the basketball right when he gets the ball.

7. shastarocket

Agreed but, to be fair, the post entry passing on this team is beyond atrocious. I have physical reaction every time I see Dwight have to re-post after catching the ball.

JVG would never stand for the that with Yao.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He was impressive last night. Phil had really turned that ship around really quickly.

9. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Dude is NOICE.

He really has the total package offensively. 3's, mid range, low post, rebounding, free throws. I saw it all last night. I love that he plays like a 7-fter inside. He took it TJ EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Honestly the Knicks have something there. They just need an upgrade at point guard. Maybe Conley or Teague this offseason? Lopez and Zinger make this team a terror on the glass. That Galloway kid is a shooter. And Melo is still is a great scorer.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Bill and Clyde loving the Zinger

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ugFgTEkE0z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: They drafted Grant from Notre Dame one pick after Dekker. Everyone wanted us to pick Grant. For a 4yr college player at PG, he's not doing too well. 22yr old PG rookies in the NBA are notorious to having immediate impact if they are every going to show it. Did you even notice him in the game last night?

So in fairness to Morey, Grant doen't look like a good pick anymore than Dekker.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

heypartner is the porzingis of the 99ers

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dwight and Tjones for Kristaps

14. heypartner

Would be funny to hear SAS's take on that, since he thinks both players are worthless.

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Look like a lot of people are overvaluing another Knicks player on just a small sample of games...

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

He by no means is anyway as good as ak47 was on D. Ak was awesome on D.

He's just tall, skinny, and white. Thats it. Games are very different.

He's not like Pau, Dirk, etc., hes his own, hes Porzingis.

17. heypartner

ru serious? the dude is 7'3 with a 7'7 wingspan showing great mobility and shooting skills. dude is shooting off the dribble

if you cant grasp how special that is in the history of the nba, i dont know what to tell you

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His offensive skillset actually reminds me of Rasheed Wallace in that he's a really big dude that can score from all over the court.

threes, midrange, and low post. I don't know about his defense, think he just had one of those nights and you are going to get a lot of blocks on the Rockets unfortunately.

19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

He reminds me of Drago from Rocky 5...

20. smw6230

smw6230 Member

This isn't "Linsanity" where you had an otherwise ordinary player playing way above his mean. With Lin the question was could he keep it up?

What sets the Porzingis hype apart from others is that everybody, and I mean everybody, agrees that he has barely scratched the surface of his potential.

That's the thing. The Porzingis you're seeing now is nowhere near what he's going to be in 2 years when he'll be all of 22.