1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Porter’s Effort Level

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Apr 10, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Well yea.... we are talking about recycling Wall's contract for the next worse one. I think Walker's contact is the next worst contract. Walker would make more sense on the Rockets, but Boston is a notoriously tough trading partner.

D-rock likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think they accelerate the timeline. You need some vet leadership to guide young talent. Both have deep playoff and championship level experience.

Otherwise we'll just be the Kings, Hawks, Cavs, Knicks, etc... a bunch of young, dumb, talent that is exciting but doesn't know how to win.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Toronto isn’t stupid enough to trade for John Wall unless you’re giving them tremendous draft compensation...Masai isn’t some fool

Middleton for Wall? Not happening ever

no team has 40+ mil of good contracts or good players to give away for John Wall...Wall clearly has the worst contract in the league

saleem, GotGame15, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  4. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I get it. I want him to start also. But, he is only 20 with maturity issues. We’re not winning this season. Frankly, playing with and behind Wall at time is also part of his development. I’m rooting for the kid. Think he’s one of if not the most intriguing prospect we have. But he is just that. A prospect. Know your role. Patience is a virtue.

Wall’s contract will be an asset you can move. Don’t send picks out just to unload it.

joshuaao, rpr52121 and ico4498 like this.
  5. ipaman

well duh we are, thats the point

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at a team that’s at the bottom of the league giving away a bunch of assets to offload John Wall

ico4498, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

But could we get Russell Westbrook for him!?

CarlosGM, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  8. ipaman

lol at not understanding it's not to offload john wall. it's to add a proven, playoff/championship level key vet, that helps lead the young future. trust me, it might be expensive draft capital but it can be done.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

KPJ gets more than enough minutes on the court and touches with DJ Augustine out. Wall does not hinder his development in anyway.

We still need 2 guards who can handle the ball.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Siakam is the type of player that would help lead the young future? Lol

this team is so far from playoffs or contention, and u want to give up significant draft compensation...

YOLO likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

this makes absolutely 0 sense

ico4498 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Don’t you see where he’s leading the raptors. Out of the playoff picture in the East. Must get him

Reeko likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Raptors & Bucks would be silly to do this trade.

A rookie, even top 4 player, is not going to move the needle for contending team especially if you are giving away a top 3 performer on your team to do so.

14. pass_to_Hakeem

Porter is 20..... just his 2nd nba season so I’m not worrying yet.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

If we add 3 FRP we might get Chris Paul

BigM likes this.
  16. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

If we had Cade, he would look great some nights, poor on others, and the same posters would be saying “Cade ain’t all that, we need [upcoming prospect] in the worst way.”

It’s the backup QB phenomenon - the more you see of someone the more you see their flaws.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He's a roadblock to getting better by taking up 33% of the cap and 30 shots a game. You can damn sure allocate the $$$ better and the youngsters can have those touches.

Yeah , its gonna take some draft picks to get out of that deal before the final year ....

Thing is , the Rockets have some picks I wouldn't mind attaching to dump Wall ....

Adding three rookies to the roster in this draft is too many , this team is awful young as it is. Either consolidate the later two into an earlier pick 22&24-> ~14?

Or use the Milwaukee pick and maybe one of the Detroit or Washington picks to get out of that contract - those Washington & Detroit picks are heavily protected and not likely to convey any time soon and may end up 2nd rounders.

That doesn't mean just dump salary .... you have to bring back a quality talent too , maybe in a S&T.

Hell that might not be enough to get out of Wall's last two years but I'd throw it out there to see if anyone would bite ....

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. txtodd

txtodd Member

It would take more than just the Wizard's first round pick

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

If those picks are so poor, no organization would view them as adequate compensation for taking on the remaining 92 mil of John Wall’s salary.

we’re stuck with this dude for now

I don’t see the team that has 40 mil of desirable matching salary to give us in a trade for the likes of John Wall

D-rock likes this.
  20. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

You don’t think Miami would bite at a Wall for Dragic and Iguodala deal next year? Even if they decline to extend HoláDepot they will be way over the cap so they won’t be able to sign anyone of significance.

I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk but it wouldn’t shock me. Maybe it’s a deadline deal like the HoláDepot trade but I can see it working for both sides.

joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.