1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popovich coaching tree playbook videos

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HMMMHMM, Dec 30, 2013.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yo. Been busy with work lately, but I managed to make some time to put together a few videos of plays the Hawks, Sixers and Magic.
    As you may know, Mike Budenholzer, Brett Brown and Jacque Vaughn all come from the Pop coaching tree, which is one of the reasons why I've been following those teams closely.

I get mass reps anytime I post these, which I really don't care about too much, but I guess it shows that some of y'all are into this stuff, so here's some of the stuff I've been putting together:

The Sixers primary Elevator Doors play:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zu7Z_JvWxJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Hawks' Thru action, which is their equivalent of the Spurs' weakside motion:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vJ-awliZCUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And last but not least, the Magic's motion offense, which they ran a ton of in the two games against the Rockets.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0xxStQB4tTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you're unsure of what you're watching and can't see those plays unfold, look for patterns and try to watch all 10 players at once, rather than just watching the ball. The videos are sorted by progressions with the deny progressions usually at the end.

Hope to get some Rockets stuff done soon. I just like getting an idea of what some of those teams that I won't care about in April/May are doing early on in the season. Still loads of time to get to the contending teams. Happy holidays.

#1 HMMMHMM, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. NotChandlerParsons

Always love watching this stuff, thanks man.

3. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Love it! I've been watching the Hawks more than usual too because of Coach Bud. It's crazy how much they look like the Spurs. If you're a Kyle Korver fan, that first half was basically a Korver highlight vid.

4. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I wonder if POP has any more assistant coaches that could replace McHALE with?