1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poor Lin Only Fans (LOF’s)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 21, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

We've had people saying that it was hard to root for Harden because he lives in strip clubs and has sex with prostitutes. Just because one chick on twitter who is notorious for drama said so...we had a whole thread attacking Harden's character

On top of him being a selfish, ballhog of a player that only cares about his stats and not wins.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

But how do those negative buttholes have anything to do with bashing Lin and clamoring for him to be benched everytime Bev plays okay. Then it's right for people to brand any fan of Lin's as idiots and act condescending at every thread? Go check what I wrote in those threads and explain to me why I need to see crazy mean-spirited crap about Lin at every turn. You're quoting 3-5 people versus the vast majority of fans who are positive about every Rocket player. And you do know that for everyone of those guys, there are 5 haters literally calling Lin out. As a professional, I'm sure he's not offended by these idiots since they didn't attack his character but rather called him an unatheletic, bench player who doesn't belong on the court.

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

well, as much as I am a lin fan. he played badly last game and the team really needed him. So there is nothing much to defend here. Just that we are in the playoffs, he has no choice but to step up, learn and improve. I believe he can. Lin plays well when he has nothing to lose.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Are you serious with this post?

This is a Rocket's fan forum, not a Jeremy Lin fan site. People here put the Rockets above any single player. When posters, specifically those who have a join date in late 2012, start bashing players/coaches/organization in order to transfer criticism away from the poor play of Lin, then they are putting a player above the team, and that PISSES REAL ROCKET FANS OFF.

1 person likes this.
  5. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Blanket party bro . Nuking causes collateral damage. :cool:

6. raskol

What are you talking about?? You think among Lakers fans, there are no Kobe fans?? So, if you like or are a fan of Lin, you are not a Rockets fan... Oh I see.
    Then, I guess I can see where you're coming from. You thought support for Lin meant that those people weren't Rockets fans. And that all people who like Lins game can't see his weaknesses or bad performances, and only shift blame to others.
    And of course, bashing McHale or Harden is not allowed, you hate it, you get repulsed by it, but then you turn around and bash Lin over and over again but now defending him is a non-Rockets move..

So basically:

Bash Harden-> non-Rockets fan. Bitter LOF.
    Bash McHale-> non-Rockets fan. Bitter LOF.
    Bash Lin -> okay behavior. Encouraged. Repped. Not a LOH, just a true Rockets fan.

Defend Harden-> real Rockets fan.
    Defend McHale-> real Rockets fan
    Defend Lin -> repulsive. How dare you. Lin is a scrub and Linsanity was all hype. He's a bench player at best. Start (insert name here). He's much better than Lin and a better fit for Harden.

I hate this weird science logic on this board.

1 person likes this.
  7. pnr

pnr Member

I don't know why you waste your time responding to that dude.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why can nobody understand this? This is NOT what he is saying at all...

EVERYBODY "likes" Lin. They all want to see him do well. What Rockets fan wouldn't want their starting PG to do well? Nobody is actively rooting for him to fail, unless their trolling...

However...it's the dudes who blatantly put Lin's success ahead of the Rockets success. The dudes who complain about Lin's lack of usage/playing time/etc. even if the Rockets win. The dudes who complain about other parts of the team to prop up Lin, despite Lin playing poor or those players doing well.

If it's seriously that hard to understand then I'm sorry, but please just try to. It seriously just cannot be that complex...

9. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

No you like many others go to great lengths to bash Lin BEFORE ahead of the team winning and then come on here pretending to be all righteous "I'm a Rockets fan first!" Bullst. Shown time and time again, Rox go when Lin goes... You want him benched but in the same breath demand to know why he doesn't average 20 and 8 from the bench. And in the minutes he does play, he is put in such great position to do so from the baseline corner. The Rox need to trade Lin this offseason it's as simple as that.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is the kind of post that happens when:

1. you are very very late to the party
    2. you do not read the OP

This thread had absolutlely nothing to do with game 1 against the Thunder and was started before the game.

Typical hypersensitive response from a .....

#210 crash5179, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's projection at it's finest. I never see any Rocket fans expecting 20/8 from Jeremy Lin, his contract does not even demand close to that level of production.

12. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Jesus Christ the LOFs come in swarms. Lars said nothing bad. He just stated what's annoying is when even in good times for the Rockets, LOFs will go to unexplainable lengths to thrust Lin stats, perception, etc. And take away from the greater cause. If the Rockets won Sunday, 75 percent of the threads would've still been focusing on Lin.

13. Arthurprescott2

I can't decide if this thread is awesome or terrible.

On the one hand, OP's condescending tone towards LOFs is delicious.

On the other hand, the thread is just bait for another round of LOF/LOH/LOFH ****storm.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The fact that possibly needed to exist is terrible in the first place.

There are haters everywhere who just suck at life and want everyone else to feel as miserable as they do, but I do feel that a good majority of the people here on this site want the Rockets to do well, and in thinking that, its assumed that they want their starting PG to perform well in the process.

I think the disconnect comes in where to draw the line with criticism, and also to realize that there doesn't always have to be balance to the criticism if your favorite player is getting criticized.

The fact is-
    -Jeremy Lin is a decent PG with some potential that has a decent amount of improvement he needs.
    -Harden is an elite top 5 scorer in the league, but has some improvement to work on if he wants to make the transition from dominant scorer to MVP candidate.
    -McHale's results for the season have been very, VERY good. Nobody expected this team to produce this much, and get this far. He deserves SOME credit. However, he does make some mistakes during the game that he seems to be working on such as subsitution patterns, defensive gameplan tweeks, etc.

What people need to understand here is that these are 3 individual scenarios that should be criticized individually. Just because Lin has a bad game doesn't mean its Harden or McHale's fault just as its not necessarily Lins fault if McHale screws up his subsitution pattern that creates mismatches that the other team exploits.

So whoever you root for just freaking except that they aren't perfect, all of them have contributed to the successs and the failures of this team this year individually, and STOP POINTING THE FINGER at everyone else.

15. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

The irony is that Rockets fans who dislike LOF should also dislike McHale.

Lin fans: puts Lin over the concept of team ball

McHale: puts Harden over the concept of team ball

disclaimer: not saying Harden is selfish at all (according to the Ibaka thread). he's probably put in a situation where he is the leader of the team, but his specific leadership duties are muddled due to the uncreative McHale offensive and defensive system.

1 person likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

how does mchales handling of harden different than the other's teamns with 1 superstar handling of their best player?

17. Gumblin

Gumblin Member

As a Rockets follower from the Pro-Lin camp, this is tame compared to what the Tim Tebow worshippers did to the Jets forums. They're like rabid dogs over there.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for your guy, unfortunately, the goals of Rocket fans and goals of Lin's fans do not always line up, which tends to flare up often, specifically when Lin is not helping the Rockets win and also when the Rockets win and Lin doesn't play well.

This is a Rockets board and when a player, any player, plays terrible in a game (a playoff game no less), he is going to get crucified. That is just the way it is.

I am sorry the board makes you so angry and doesn't like your Jeremy Lin first attitude. Perhaps these boards would be better suited for your needs:

http://www.jeremylinmania.com/
    http://www.jeremylintastic.com/
    http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/fan.aspx/Jeremy_Lin
    http://jlinfans.net/

Yea, not really.

Winning always comes first.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You talk a lot of about Lin-bashers, then top it off with the last sentence which isn't related at all to the off the court fan drama.

Projection much buddy?

And anyways, why do you care what other people think about your hero? Have a little more confidence in yourself and stop caring about the approval of you or your hero. If he's truly an underdog, then look up what an underdog means!

Once any of you do that, you'll find it less tempting to bash on other Rockets during wins where Jeremy doesn't put up great numbers.

20. raskol

What the hell are you saying with your condescending az voice? I don't want the Rockets to win? That I don't care about the Rockets? GTFO.

1 person likes this.