1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Would you trade Dwight Howard for Marc Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Marc Gasol

1. Yes, I woudl trade Dwight Howard for Marc Gasol

214 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. No, I would not trade Dwight for Marc Gasol

79 vote(s)
    27.0%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Why is Marc's rebounding so low?

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Quick , fast & in a hurry ..... before the Griz GM changed his mind.

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Finally, someone gets it right! Marc Gasol or Anthony Davis!:eek:

4. Remon

Remon Member

Z-Bo.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It is my understanding that in European basketball, getting the rebound isn't as important. Tipping it to a team mate accomplishes the same thing. I don't watch the Grizzlies enough to know if this is how Marc plays, but I am assuming this has something to do with it.

6. SunsRocketsfan

his brother pau who is thinner is actually #6 in rebounding.
    Zbo is #5 so my guess is Zbo is sucking up all the repounds from Marc :)

7. HRox832

HRox832 Member

If you say no, then you're a complete homer. I love Dwight, but I'd rather have Gasol on this team. He can actually score in the post and you won't have to hold your breath when he goes to the FT line. Plus, he's an amazing defender.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Neither the Rockets or the Grizzlies would do this trade.

And why should they?

We could argue all day long about which is the better player. They each, legitimately, could make a claim about which is better and why. From the Rocket's perspective, I could see the merits to this trade. But I could also see some drawbacks.

Both teams are trying to win now. IMO, if they made this trade, both teams would be slightly worse this season by making a lateral move but then trying to incorporate the new player and figure out how their style would fit into their system.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I forgot Morey made a run to get Marc Gasol but we lost.

10. Rocketeer Bang

i would do this trade in a heartbeat, except that Memphis GM isn't that stupid.

Gasol is still peaking at age 29, while Howard is in a downward trajectory.

even though they both play the center position, they are completely different players. Gasol is so much more skilled in so many ways, and his ability to pass or shoot at high post allows him to be pivotal in their offense. in some ways, he reminds me of Hakeem, and will only get better with age. He also plays hard all the time, the consummate professional. Howard, on the other hand, relies solely on his atheleticism. he doesn't have the lower body strength which is the foundation for good post up play. he has no shooting touch, and he almost always stops and waits when getting the ball in the paint before making his move. everyone says he's a PnR player, and yet he sets some of the weakest picks on the team. to make matters worse, he just doesn't seem to be playing very hard right now for whatever reason.

so what good is a Ferrari when you can't drive past 60 mph?

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Member

Gasol's game doesn't rely on athleticism. He can play at this level for a couple more years. On the other hand...

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Marc is arguably the best center. I say "arguably" because he is not clearly the best. But he is one of the few elite centers right now. Dwight is also in that select group, but I'd say Marc is a better overall player.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

there's no perfect centers these days and its pathetic 7 foot gasol cant avg a doulbe double when zbo is out for a month but right now he is the best center in the league. u cant say dwight is the best after getting shut down by him, and never been 100% since he got injured and doesnt look like he'll get there anytime soon.

i still think dwight will pick it up by early-mid feb, he just had an underwhelming first half of the season due to injuries and taking it slower than he should and not always into the game. but a healthy dwight can beat out anyone at center. all he needs is to get healthy and get a rhythm going to his game and he'll take off.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

I don't get it. Howard had probably the best Rockets playoff performance since '05 Tmac. Seriously?

Trade him for Deandre Jordan? Really? Gasol is on a breakout year, and he is forever better after one breakout year? Really? Dwight is still putting up 17/11 despite "playing horribly". And for what it is worth, his defense is on point when engaged.

Last playoffs, Gasol averaged 17 and 8 on 40% shooting. Yep, not even kidding. A center, shooting 40%. Disgraceful.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolma01.html

He hasn't even broken 20 PPG.

Dwight?

26/13/3? Something like that? I don't know, yall need to see that with your own eyes again?

This is getting ridiculous. He is having a bad/injured stretch, and everybody is crucifying him. He is the best center until another center is able to put up 26/13 in his sleep, while being the best defender in the league. YES, LEAGUE. Meanwhile, Joakim Noah, DPOY, gets dominated by Nene.

Just stop it with these talks. Please. It is not arguable. Dwight is #1, everybody else is below. Final.

15. Aleron

Aleron Member

if healthy dwight is better, but he's currently unhealthy. Of course if he's never going to be healthy again i'd do the trade, but then i'd trade durant, lebron etc for a lot lesser players if you told me they were never going to be healthy again.

16. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

STop with the Trade Dwight talk! Lets be happy where we are at and where we are going.

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

For such a great player, he didn't do anything worthwhile in the playoffs. Numbers fell across the board...against Kendrick Perkins?

Can't even average more than 9 rbg at 7'1"? No thanks. And he, along with his team, is cooling down. We'll see if Jeff Green helps them any.

18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

nope...because howard's D is more important for this rockets team.

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Actually, not that I would vouch for trading D12, but if I had to replace him with one player....Marc Gasol would be the one.

20. kemah

kemah Member

lol

But Dmo is the next Duncan, Hakeem, etc He is untouchable. Or so the Yahoos say.