1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Dec 20, 2007.

Tags:
?

If the 2008 featured these choices, which ticket would you support?

1. McCain/Lieberman

39 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. Hillary/Richardson

40 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. Bloomberg/Hagel

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You frustrated? I don't blame you. When lost in the fog of frustration, however, and trying to figure out what to do, consider this... who do you want appointing a Supreme Court Justice? A Democrat or a Republican? Easy choice for me.

Impeach Bush!

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I find my cynicism regarding the human race more justified every day.

;)

4. rhadamanthus

I'm over frustrated and moving on to utterly disillusioned. Happy New Year.

5. MadMax

I'm with you. I'm not a Huckabee supporter AT ALL. But how is this different from when Clinton was governor of Arkansas and ran for president?

6. MadMax

:D you're awesome!

i need to buy you a beer sometime.

7. rhadamanthus

I'd happily return the favor. And I think rhester owes both of us tacos.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Max, Bill was a Rhodes Scholar, who lived in Britain for awhile, as well as being very well read and having an avid interest in foreign affairs. Huckabee? Not even close, IMO, and that's an understatement.

Impeach Bush!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don't blame you. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, D&D!!

(impeach Bush!)

10. MadMax

I voted for Clinton the first time. But I have a hard time suggesting someone is ready to be president because they had an avid interest in foreign affairs and had read a bunch of books on it! :)

I think it's ok that people aren't completely ready to go in every facet of a new job...as long as there are good people around them.

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I'm not quite there with Deckard in terms of Democratic loyalty, though I will vote for Hilary in the general if necessary. However, Bloomberg running at this late date, AND CONSIDERED TO BE A VIABLE CANDIDATE, just because he is rumored to be willing to spend a billion of his own money is not by any step a progressive thing.

I guess we should just let the billionaire who wants the job most be president and get rid of all political parties. Wouldn't that be all nice and non-partisan.

If there would be anything worse than the two party system, it would be the no party system.

#71 glynch, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  12. glynch

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FranchiseBlade
    I don't think I could vote for Hillary under any circumstance. I used to think that maybe I could, but the way she's run this campaign, and her votes both on the Iraq war and the Iran resolution where she showed she hasn't learned from her mistake, I think voting for Hillary would be very similar to another 4 years of Bush Jr

I guess the key is whether Hillary would have actually started that dumb invasion and occupation of Iraq. I doubt it since even Bush I and most of his friends were supposedly against it.

You've also got health care, taxes, the Supreme Court, global warming and a host of other issues on which Hillary would certainly be more progressive than the GOP nominee.

Sadly it will still probably get down to the lesser of two evils, as the saying goes.

I am surprised that you find Hillary has done anything during the campaign that isn't predictable from her past.

The campaign that frustrates me the most is Obama's as he is just doing the same old play it safe, try to please everyone politico thing, much like Hillary.

Edwards surprisingly seems to be trying to start a movement to take back American democracy from the corporate elite.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

maybe, maybe not...but the issue now is whether or not she would end it and she will not. in fact, none of the democratic frontrunners will even commit to having the troops out of iraq by the end of their first term (2013!) and that is UNACCEPTABLE.

it is no coincidence that ron paul, who calls for withdrawal from iraq as quickly as possible, is the leading fundraiser among active duty military.

back to hillary though - here is someone who is making all these warmongering statements about iran and is actually saying that bush isnt being hawkish enough towards them.

she is someone who will continue to promote the nafta-north american union, just like chimpy and her husband did, despite the fact that the majority of both americans and mexicans are against it.

14. glynch

I agree wrt to Hillary. Sadly she is better than the GOP candidates. I guess Ron Paul is considered GOP. Disregarding that he has about as much chance of winning as Kucinich or Richardson, who also call for an immediate pull out, Ron Paul's unbelieveably extreme economic policies as a libertarian, would lead to a much much more extreme division between the haves and have nots. I think our distribution of wealth would wind up like Pakistan , Dicken's England etc. I know there are libertarian bs arguments that deny this. Paul's unrealistic distopian economics makes him totally unacceptable for me regardless of his positions on the war or social issues.