1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll]Who is all for the AL now?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by donkeypunch, May 16, 2015.

?

AL: Yay or Nay?

1. Yes, its been great.

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No, its fake baseball.

31 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Im still on the fence about it.

17 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Yes, but Ill never admit it.

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Before we switched over to the side of 'fake' baseball, everybody here was griping and moaning, but how do you guys feel about it now? I personally love it and I really do hate to admit it. Whenever you can bat somebody like Marisnick 9th in the order, its pretty awesome. Purists be damned.

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I grudgingly accepted the move.

I don't think it's "been great" given the circumstances involving the move, but it's whatever.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I still feel no rivalry or anything towards the teams we're playing the most but I'll get there someday. It is what it is and it ain't changing back. Still my Astros no matter who and where they're playing.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Will be less mitigating once the NL adopts the DH.

We need to get to a World Series before that so we can benefit from the built in advantage every AL team has over NL teams.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

I'm 1000% for the DH move. NL needs to get with the times. Sports are for entertainment.

At the same time, we are not an AL team, so it feels weird. I miss all of our match-ups and rivalries.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Where is the I've learned to tolerate it option.

Once the NL adopts the DH there will be no difference betweem the leagues. Aside from St. Louis, I personally didn't feel like we had rivals in the NL. I never got up more for some opponents than others.

Having said that the manner in which we were forced to the AL will always sit with me. I don't care how many new rivalries we form, or how similar the leagues are. The move is always gonna piss me off as Selig's last f**k you to the Astros.

DFWRocket likes this.
  7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Hoping that an expansion to 32 teams happens within the next decade so we don't have to watch that nonsense known as interleague play.

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I feel like rivalries are made in the playoffs, so we still have to wait a bit.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like baseball period,whether it's traditional or not. Let's play ball

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am all in for those things I cannot change.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Still would rather be in the NL.

I was never going to stop watching because of it.

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

This is precisely how I'd describe it, but I did feel a rivalry with the Cubs too.

13. Buck Turgidson

I always considered the Cards, Cubs and Braves to be rivals, and the Mets, Dodgers and Giants as just assholes I didn't like.

14. Buck Turgidson

Huh? Explain.

Now that Stros are in the AL, I love interleague play.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed... however none of those teams ever really considered the Astros as their biggest rival... which made forcing them to move easier as well.

Not that I would support the move if it came up again... but they're now in a division where none of the other teams have a real "natural" inter-league rival either.

If the Astros get a rivalry that is reciprocal (as big in Houston as it is in the city they're playing against), then that rivalry will technically be stronger than any other rivalry the franchise has ever had.

16. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

The move never bothered me like it did most people, so I was cool with it then and still am. I just love baseball.

As for rivalries, I hated the Cards but there isn't a single team in the NL that considered the Astros their rival. A true rivalry has to work both ways, both franchises need to hate each other. We obviously don't have that in the AL either, but at some point if us and the rangers are both really good at the same time, we could certainly develop one

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

The DH is stupid, hitting is part of the game. Second basemen are generally weaker hitting position so lets just DH for them as well. Better yet lets get with the times and have an offense and a defense.

18. Txst

Txst Member

The DH hasn't bothered me as much as I thought it would. I still prefer the NL due to the teams we play, rivalries we had built, and way less late west coast games.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Interleague will never go away. They would just go back to what they used to and not have it be every day.

20. Major

Major Member

I believe you can DH for a 2B if you want if the pitcher hits, no?

But beyond that, we don't ask hitters to pitch. Why ask pitchers to hit?