1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll]What must Trump do to earn your vote?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 30, 2016.

Tags:
?

What must Trump do?

1. Change foreign policy

16.9%
  2. Change economic policy

15.5%
  3. Change immigration policy

15.5%
  4. Act more presidential

19.7%
  5. At this point nothing will

90.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The "other side" should rightfully be demonized for their flawed ideology but that has nothing to do with the fact that Trump was a liberal nearly his whole life, only recently has he pretended to be a conservative.

When it comes to people like Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity, I certainly won't defend them, they are indeed the kind of r****ds that would back a con man like Trump.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Demonizing is ok? Really? Do you know what it is to demonize someone?

I have never seen Trump as a liberal. He has always and always will be an opportunistic in it for himself. He does what he wants and doesn't have an ideology except that is to obtain power.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It means to portray as wicked and threatening, liberal ideology IMO is threatening so.....yeah, I'm fine with it.

You seeing Trump as a liberal is irrelevant, he was a self described liberal and a Democrat for the vast majority of his life. Only recently has he said the exact opposite.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This whole monologue = 'lol'

Your monster is better than the Republican monster. Think about that for a second. What truly bothers you the most, Sweet Lou? How does it feel to be a pawn to your party as many loyal Republicans feel now? If Hillary is elected, your party is f--. The best thing that can happen to the liberals is Trump winning.

5. Space Ghost

He hasn't said anything the opposite. The only thing he has said is what a good portion of what Americans think. Call it racist if you want, but Americans fear domestic terrorism. We are a couple ISIS inspired attacks in America from having Trump as president.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Clinton isn't going to subvert the country or embarrass it. She's not going to change the course of this country for the better. Trump is going to reverse and send us backwards. Trump is a monster. Bush wasn't. Romney wasn't. McCain definitely wasn't. I think their policies were dumb but I never thought they were evil men. Trump is evil. Clinton isn't going to rock the boat.

Truth is you aren't going to get change in this country until both sides start working together. Right now Republicans have all the power except the presidency. The only thing preventing a Republican right-wing agenda from being put into place is Clinton.

Otherwise we are going to have a lot more wars, a lot more deficits, a lot of pain for people as rich get massive tax cuts and programs get slashed. We will drop further behind the rest of the world in education and infrastructure, and become more of a oligarchy.

People talk about corruption and corporation in politics - but who put the money there. It was Republicans - Citizens United is after all a right wing group. Let's not forget that - at least I don't even if you choose to put your head in the sand and pretend otherwise
    You call him a liberal because you hate liberals and you hate Trump therefore Trump = Liberal. It's just flawed logic. I'm sorry you think liberals are wicked. That explains a lot. I don't think conservatives are wicked.

The problem is that both sides has it's crazies. And you look at the left's crazies and think - wow, all liberals are people who want handouts and hate whites and cops. I look at your crazies and this - why do Republicans pander to them?

Big difference.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Make a demo tape of all his speeches and interviews, build a time machine, travel back to fall of 1995, take Colin Powell and George Tenet on an overseas hunting trip, and show them the tape.

8. Dei

Dei Member

RocketsLegend, instead you should be asking what these people need to stop being mindless zealots and vote for Trump - decency and common sense.

9. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

my cousin visited paris, france for the french open to see djokovic and he said the entire city was pretty much on lockdown because of terrorism. This was before the recent isis attack in france

yea i think im voting for trump.. DAMN did i just say that

1 person likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but the rest of the world is mocking America for their choice between Hillary and Trump. Hillary is just as much as an embarrassment as Trump. Both sides doubled down on the worst possible candidate. Why do you fail to grasp this concept?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I fear Trump 1,000 times more than I fear ISIS. And I do fear ISIS.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I hate to break it to you, but they are mocking us for having Trump this close to the presidency. They actually respect Clinton. You should travel.

Well except Russia - they love Trump and hate Clinton there.

13. Space Ghost

No, they do not respect Clinton. Im not going to get into whether Trump is better than Clinton, but if Clinton is elected, Putin will be the biggest pain in her ass.

And if you're more worried about Trump than ISIS, then you're not better than the current administration stating ISIS is the 'JV team". Idiots.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I can't vote for a man who is running his campaign on hate and racism.

T_Man

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No....I call him a liberal because most of his life he espoused liberal ideology.

He was once Hillary Clinton's biggest supporter, now he's allegedly completely against her.

He was once pro abortion, now he's allegedly anti-abortion.

He once suggested the US levy a 5.7 trillion one time tax on the wealthy taking 14% of their net worth on everyone with at least 10 million worth of assets.....now he's pretending to be a fiscal conservative.

He was a registered Democrat as recently as 2008, and now he's the Republican nominee for president.

He once suggested the complete legalization of all drugs in order to "win the drug war" and now he's Chris Christie's best friend.

16 years ago he suggested that the US expand background checks and completely ban assault rifles, and now he's allegedly completely against both.

17 years ago he was all for universal health care, now he's totally against it allegedly.

As to liberals being "wicked" I wouldn't really go that far, I just think that for the most part they have a naive world view and as such they push for things that are harmful but they do so with the best of intentions.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

He's must go to the Bronx and get the breast milk of a Cambodian immigrant. I only drink the finest breast milk.

1 person likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Where's the "Cuckold his MILF" option.

18. Buck Turgidson

There is literally nothing he can do.

I feel sorry for our country knowing that so many people are right there with him, never thought we were so close to Idiocracy as now. I have a handful of relatives like that and I'll never look at them the same again.

It makes me incredibly sad, and want to move to Belize.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really have no idea where you get this idea from.

Fact is, Hillary is far more closer to her party than Trump is. As Maher said...the train is slower with her but at least it's going in the right direction.

A lot of the things Sanders fights for so does Hillary, there are some exceptions to be sure but Trump is the exact opposite of that. He proposes no liberal policies, Hillary does.

To you those liberal policies are "Wrong" but it doesn't make her a monster.

Stop. Act as if you are a democrat. Now look at her policies. Where do you get that she is the same to her party as Trump is?

Trump has policies that openly go against long held GOP ideals. This is why I think Hillary will win, I think the NeverTrumpers are will play a much larger factor in this thing than Bernie or Bust folks.

The Bernie or Bust folks will be convinced that well we may not get Campaign Finance reform (and she says she wants to overturn Citizens United)...but we will get a move towards more affordable college, we will get minimum wage increase, we keep the Affordable Care act, etc etc...on the issues they are very similar. The main difference is that Bernie was all about getting money out of politics and Clinton isn't.

So no. You are wrong. The only reason people aren't voting for Clinton is because they think she's corrupt, when you sit down and look at the issues though you'll see that she's a liberal candidate. If you think that makes her a monster then fine, thanks for adding to this political discourse.

Personally I think Trump is impossible to vote for not because of his policies. No. If Kasich or Rubio won I would not call them "Monsters" I don't even call Trump that. I'd disagree with their ideology but this idea that the other side is "EVIL" is the problem.

Can't vote for Trump because of his rhetoric, his 0 experience, and that he's generally a joke. He encourages xenophobic ideas, gets cozy with Russia and loose with our treaties and alliances, and hey disrespects veterans on top of that.

He can start by acting like he's in a race for the presidency and not some reality show.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Trump can't do anything to earn my vote. I know he's a troll and playing the game, so my vote isn't as much against him, rather the inbred tards that blindly support him. I really detest blatant stupidity.