1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Top Pick or Play-in Tourney?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 4, 2021.

?

Which would make you happier to see happen at the end of the season?

1. Rockets get a top 5 pick in the draft

2. Rockets make the play-in tourney

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

So you guys still feel like Simmons, Irving or both won't be able to help this team? Put Irving at point, Simmons at forward and watch the Rockets really blast off.

2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I’m replying because you were saying that because we won games KPJ missed and Wood missed that proves Jalen was not the issue.

That is fundamentally broken logic since those guys also played in some wins too. There’s no opinion needed. It’s just simple logical reasoning.

Winning with those guys out doesn’t prove Jalen was the problem but actually makes the argument stronger that he was from a logic perspective.

And when I say Jalen not playing is the factor I more mean that the upgrade from Jalen to Mathews is the factor. If you replaced Jalen with Suggs we wouldn’t win these 6 in a row.

NewAge likes this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You jumped into the middle of a conversation you dont understand the point of and youre going off the rails. Please stop replying to me youre giving me a headache lol. Im not gonna sit here and reexplain a point to you that you missed because you cant read.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You're joking, please tell me you're joking?

5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Actually, my B a little as well. Winning games with other guys in and out probably just crystallizes that Mathews over Green was the main difference or the change in philosophy for more spacing was and that it really has to be one or the other or some combo of the two rather than any other reason.

Fot what it’s worth I’m in the combo camp. I think if Jalen doesn’t get hurt we win some of these games but definitely not all 6. Maybe like 3-3.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No sir/ma'am I am not. With Simmons added defense and Irving's added offense this team would a beast. Especially if they were able to keep Wood.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think it's both. Wood at center and Matthews defense.

NewAge likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Because I don't think Green will be an all star caliber guard. He might be a fringe type like Chris Middleton getting a few nods every once in a while.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Play-in? Why not Home Court?
    We are 6 games out of Memphis and Morant is injured. Doable!
    :D

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  10. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agree with this sentiment. I certainly didnt expect Green to be prime Kobe or MJ (or even current Lavine or Beal) but I gotta say that I am a bit underwhelmed by his 38% shooting (28% from 3). It is still too early to definitively say but I do worry about Green being an efficient offensive force. As for Sengun, he has looked good. I have maintained my comp for him as Domantas Sabonis since he was drafted and see no reason to move off that comp as Sengun being a big who is a bit undersized/lacks length but makes up for it with skill and savvy. I hope he probably ends up where Donatas is now (an efficient 20/10/5) a bit quicker than Sabonis did (age 23 season).

Regardless, I dont think either guy is looking like a surefire Alpha on a contending team. That being the case I think it is necessary to dip back into the draft well one more time. If the Rockets find another guy in this class or better than you might be able to try the quantity over quality route. But that hasnt proven to be very successful for titles.

Last thing I want to mention is the people who state that the Rockets are risking going the Kings, Wolves, other crappy team route. Inherent in each sorry team is bad management. If you think the Rockets are going to blow their high draft picks then you have little faith in management and the team is ****ed anyhow. Food for thought.

xaos and DaDakota like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol at the pro tank even if we win it all they wouldnt be satisfied and would have continued calling for losing games to get more top pick talent lololololol
    [​IMG]

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@Jontro
    this guys is stealing our ideas
    [​IMG]

coachbadlee and Jontro like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

coachbadlee likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As much as I love how this team is playing right now and it appears that we have solid role players to keep moving forward, we need more talent and the easiest way to get that is with a high pick. But if the team wins and gets in to a play in I'm not gonna b**** about it; that means everyone on this team from the coaching staff down and the players busted their ass to get to that point. I'm always a fan of a team playing hard.

Easy and xaos like this.
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets make the play-in while developing players, and making moves for the future, that would likely mean someone developed more than the Top 5 Pick is worth. I'd rather have that.

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

nonsense. the breh is only speaking common knowledge. #truth

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No. 2 divas = more btching from folks like u. It was already annoying seeing the anti harden peeps every fking game. The endless btching about iriving not playing or Simmons disappearing from big games is not even worth it. 100% positive going all in for those two divas is not going to net us a ring.

Irving refuses to play for a star studded Nets and Simmons is bailing on a playoff contenders, suddenly they gonna want 2 play for a the Rockets? Delusional.

Harden might choke but u can always count on him at least being in a game since he was built like a tank, these two can go Mia at any moment.

#277 DatRocketFan, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    dmoneybangbang, Tuckankhamun and xaos like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We are a long, long way away talent wise lol. We won a few games against subpar competition (exception being the Bulls). We will have one of the worst records in the league anyway. Looks like a good draft this year.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we are pretty talented in terms that we got the best talents out of the undrafted players.

We could get more elite drafted talents for the Playoffs for sure.

The problem is some of those people in upper management are not on the same page.

It is not clear if we should make the Play In or give Sengün and Co. 30 minutes.

Either way you will live with the results and it is Ride or die bishes!

20. xaos

xaos Member

There's a handful of people on this site where the ignore button only does so much. It's really brought the quality of discussion down.