1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: tanking yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dachuda86, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Are we tanking?

1. It's official, we're tanking

43 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No.

18 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. In Morey We Trust

14 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. We need a new owner

19 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Since we didn't even pull Lin, I must ask: are we tanking yet?

Because it looks that way.

We didn't get anywhere this off season and it's looking like all of the talent is getting locked up elsewhere for more money. This team has no option but to go into full tank mode and rebuild from draft picks.

On top of that... screw Les Alexander and his fickle, short-sighted management. Should have known when they fired one of the top 5 coached in the league. I'm switching to UH basketball since they have talent coming in this year. It was a nice run but the Rockets have hit bottom and their bets on trading up didn't pan out as quick as their players' value bottomed out.

Experiment failed Morey.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Lin offer still being negotiated.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    ‏@WojYahooNBA

Following

Jeremy Lin and the Rockets still discussing parameters of an offer sheet, league sources tell Y! Sport​
    s.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That would be nice but I heard we didn't even get Lin and the Knicks would match... conflicting media reports be DAMNED.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

If we trade Lowry and give Lin the starting spot, then yea we're in a full tanking mode.

5. Big Time Titan

Nope we're not tanking. I don't see us going into full tank mode until Morey leaves.

6. rocketseagles07

basically and yea I don't think we're tanking until morey leaves. I see a 10th place finish for us this year then another off-season with all these stupid scenarios that wont happen, rockets fans saying how much we "like our squad" and saying we don't need multiple players even though those players are better then anyone on our team, and morey gassing us up again...

7. Depressio

Depressio Member

I don't think it's blatant tanking, but clearly Morey is leaning towards a youth movement, similar to what we have on the Astros.

The Rockets will not be good this coming season, barring any surprise superstar deal. Lin is overrated, Asik has no offense, and we still have lazy Martin, disgruntled Lowry, and aging Scola. As people, I like our guys... they're great guys, really. As a cohesive unit, however, I can't see this working.

8. ArtV

ArtV Member

Nah this is just bad management. The result may be the same though.

1 person likes this.
  9. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

When Scola is trades then we're tanking. This roster as is can still win 45 games.

Asik-Donuts-Patterson
    Scola-Patterson-Jones
    Parson-White-Morris
    Martin-Lamb
    Lowry-Machado

10. copacetic81

copacetic81 Member

I'll never understand that kind of thinking. With Lowry, Martin and Scola, as the biggest contributors during the season even if they never really played their best all at the same time, we beat some of the best teams in the league and reached the 5th seed really late in the season. Sure, they gassed out in a really disappointing way but only because our expectations got raised by not giving on the the tanking. We found a really good young wing in Parsons and have a better C lined up that Dalembert for this season. So what if we only make the 7th seed this year and get bounced early, its all progress. If you all want to go over the so call different ways to rebuild, as if it was described by Naismith in some kind of basketball bible, teams show that they are getting better by finishing the season stronger each year, not in how young the roster is or what new names are on the backs of the jerseys. I'll be watching this year for sure, but then maybe I'm not a real fan...

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

With the type of young talent we have coming in this year. I wouldn't mind giving them a good run.

1 person likes this.
  12. rocketseagles07

I'll be watching as well but your "progress" logic doesn't make sense when we have a team that doesn't have a lot of potential to get any better outside of the players we just drafted. Also, our team hasn't gotten any better and a lot of the teams that finished behind us have, plus they have young players that WILL get better. Finishing stronger every year means nothing if you aren't competing for anything and you're moving from 9th to 8th, 8th to 7th, etc...

13. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Member

We won't need to tank. This team is full of young players who will lose quite a few games this year without the need to tank. They will lose because they are young.

14. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

And the likely reason we're playing young players is because we're tanking. That's HOW you tank. Nobody tanks by telling their good players to play bad, they just ship off all their good players or let their good players walk and they play young guys in their place. Looks like that might be what we're doing here. HOPEFULLY it's what we're doing here.

15. don grahamleone

We have to trade Luis before we can tank. That man is the anti-tank.

16. Bogey

Bogey Member

Where is rebuilding through playing and developing younger players? I hate the term tank, implys they are trying to lose. I want these guys trying to win and improve!

17. slpntz

slpntz Member

Until Lowry, Martin, and Scola are traded for garbage in return...we are not tanking.

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think so too. Not a championship contender team but could be a dark-horse, maybe get a playoff upset or something.

19. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I personally want to tank and give our young guys time to play together while letting Morey rebuild our team.

20. RyanB

RyanB Member

i think definitely we're tankin
    lowry is on his way out
    we've got only Scola and Martin as veterans....
    lest's Tankkkkkkk:grin: