1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll][Rockets Season 2023-24] Jalen Green Unleashed... Will He Rise...or Wilt....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jul 24, 2023.

?

will he

Poll closed Nov 1, 2023.
  1. rise

79.5%
  2. wilt

20.5%
  1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

For my 7th grade school team, the football-turned-basketball coach taught us all how to box out. That coach would like a word with Jalen Green.

fattz, NewAge and DaDakota like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Dude, first of all you fail at English - used the wrong Their / There.

Second of all, the person not arguing in good faith is the Jalen Only Fan who actually believes Jalen was the team's second best shooter last season.

He was a mediocre to poor shooter last season by just about every metric.

Might have been their best / second best scorer but that's not what was stated.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He was the team's second best shooter last season.

Kevin Durant
    Cameron Johnson
    Damion Lee
    Torrey Craig
    Dario Šarić
    Mikal Bridges
    Saben Lee
    Landry Shamet
    Chris Paul
    Cameron Payne
    Duane Washington Jr.

Those are all the players on Booker's team with a higher 3pt fg%

So would you say that Booker was around the 11th best shooter on his team last season?

5. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Post of the day!!

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Math is ^^^^ing hard ....

7. i3artow i3aller

8. invocux

invocux Member

He's been good last 3 games but i'll be looking at his consistency throughout the season. If he is still hot and cold, 2 games good 3 games inefficient then he's not the cornerstone. 3 years is more than enough to tell if one's indeed him or not. This Jalen is good tho hope he keeps it up.

9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Players' shooting prowess varying greatly from game to game is normal, the growth I'm happy for with Jalen is that aside from the Orlando game, he's been a net positive and contributing on both ends of the court regardless if the shot is falling.

Anyone can have a good game when they go 12-18, having a good game while going 4-18 requires talent and skill.

10. invocux

invocux Member

I disagree as a shooting guard if you go 4-18 you can not have a good game. You automatically failed to do your job. At that point, when your shots are not fallnig you can only have an average game and that's achieved by being good on d. Obviously if his shot isn't falling by hustling more on defense he can somewhat make it up i'm fine with that at least he gives me sth that night. I don't want him to go 12/18 25 consecutive games that's not doable. I'm saying that if you go 12-18 two back to back games and go 7-20 and 8-18 the following 2 games and this turns into a cycle you can not hide behind that you hustled on defense. If you are a shooting guard and supposed to be our cornerstone you have to be playable on defense and go 12-18 five, six games in a row. You have to be able to extent that efficient game stretch. I'm looking at Booker's 4th year stats he had very efficient months. I as a fan demand efficient months from my future franchise player. If he can't give me that he's not HIM. Absolutely nothing is more important than consistency for me. Inconsistent players, shot chuckers ruin franchises. Green's been doing fine last couple of games his 3pt % has increased, playmakes, hustles on defense but if he goes on to have a **** month then these games mean nothing to me. I know he's talented he answered to that question multiple times it's not sth i don't know. We finished that chapter. We are in the new chapter and i have another question waiting to be answered. Can you give me an efficient month that doesn't follow by a meh month. That's the only leap i care about.

11. Fantasma Negro

I love what I've seen from him the last four games. Ime is really getting into his head. It's like a switch went off and he's playing at his highest level and looking more relaxed than when he was struggling early on. Still needs to look for the open shooter on drives but that's going to come as he starts seeing more concentrated defenses but wow we might be witnessing the birth of an All-Star

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's real.

I think it was the first Kings game where he had a poor shooting night and I called it then. I said it was a growth game. He didn't shoot well but he looked to do anything he could to contribute with a win and not only did the team win they won big.

Probably showed Green that whatever Ime's preaching he has the right of it.

His shot selection has always been his main issue when it came to scoring. He's jack up poor shots that won't go in and as such likely lost confidence in his shooting and thus made him easy to guard because then all he could do was drive into a lane loaded with multiple defenders and try to convert an even tougher shot.

These past few games though he's got it. Take the easy shots, drive when there is space, he does those two things alone he's dropping an easy efficient 20.

He's looked special these past few games, like it finally clicked for him.

I'm sure like you've said he'll have cold streaks, every player does, even Curry or Durant, but he's learning that he can do other things for the team outside of shoot and score.

Bo6 and kpdark like this.
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Green likely has to make the biggest adjustment in play style among all the tenured players. A lot less dribbling, a lot more ball movement, and a lot more control.

This game and last game are welcome sights. I expected him to cool down a bit against the Lakers (as he is known to do) after getting in foul trouble on two separate occasions that forced him to sit, but on both occasions he came back in and was immediately ready to contribute on offense.

Most importantly, he has been synergising incredibly well with Sengun.

fchowd0311 likes this.