1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll][Rockets Season 2023-24] Jalen Green Unleashed... Will He Rise...or Wilt....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jul 24, 2023.

?

will he

Poll closed Nov 1, 2023.
  1. rise

79.5%
  2. wilt

20.5%
  1. kpdark

kpdark Member

as the Rockets enter a new phase-as per management.. a new season, new coach/staff, new vets with a set of rookies, and Jalen Green being the first to be picked in the rebuild

it's time for him to showcase and head this Rockets team in attaining a post season spot

the question is, will he rise to the occasion.. or wilt to pressure..

the Rockets' fate might also coincide on how Jalen performs this coming season,

so how does the team prepare and adjust..

DeBeards likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wilt to Chamberlain.

3. prs325

prs325 Member

I’m betting on his renowned work ethic and openness to being coached
    Optimistic but cautiously so
    If the Rockets get in the play in tournament and leads the group, I believe his national narrative will change

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Green is going to shut up all his naysayers here on CF.

Well, probably not, though he will become a legit second-tier star this year and likely make the All-Star team as an injury replacement. His CF haters gonna keep hating regardless.

TheJet, Rocketeer, Rustyrig and 9 others like this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I haven't been a fan of him.

But I'm more hopeful than not that he'll be a much better player this year.

From having an actual coach, to having an actual teammate set good examples and not having KPJ's head honcho act be featured anywhere near as often is an addition by subtraction if ever there was one.

jim1961 likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Rise. JayGup can attest than Jaylen definitely rises to the occasion.

BHannes2BHonest, DeBeards and J.R. like this.
  7. NewAge

NewAge Member

He'll rise, of course. When you have as much talent as him and you have a 9-figure extension dangling in front of you, he'll rise. Jalen Green is not an idiot.

My worry is the year after that, after he gets his money. Will he continue to strive for greatness and championships or will he be off to the Paris and Milano Fashion Weeks. We've seen this type of softies check-out after they get their money. Ayton is the most recent example, but there are many others..

fattz and DeBeards like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dry or wet....

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know why you're pushing this narrative so much. It appears to just be based on him liking to paint his nails? Which is pretty specious reasoning.

The nails thing has absolutely nothing to do with how hard he's willing to work or how much he wants to win.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

It's based on correlation. Correlations are not absolutely predictive, but they do carry information, people tend to forget that.

I informed my views based on Jalen's feminine persona and for two years they have been proven correct, as it correlated with lack of intensity and competitiveness, not boxing out, getting splattered on screens like a mosquito on a windshield, not getting into his man. Charmin' soft, Prada-wearing, nail-painting ambiguously gendered boi...

I admit that the heuristics is imperfect. However, your view that "has absolutely nothing to do with how hard he's willing to work or how much he wants to win" is also not based on hard evidence. How do you know that? How do you that it has nothing to do, much less "absolutely" nothing to do?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kuz Kuz Kuz. A smile like Silas.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Okaaaay dude

[​IMG]

Are you yet another BTG alt?

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's happening
    [​IMG]

NewAge and BamBam like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2nd Career

Glamor Modelling. Instagram Modelling. Can dry hump them models if he wants.

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

His 2nd year #'s were nearly identical to Booker's.

Across the board.

https://stathead.com/basketball/ver...layer_id2=greenja05&p2yrfrom=2023&p2yrto=2023

Booker has gotten better every year since. I expect Jalen will do the same. He now has a coaching staff that will stress defense and smart, team play. He's got a vet PG and other vets to guide him along the way. I think the team as a whole will improve this year. There will definitely be some bumps along the way, but by mid-season they should all look much better.

Gonna be fun to watch no doubt!

#16 Believe It!, Jul 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
  17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

I’m willing to bet $1,000,000 on who one of those 4 people are that voted No… it would be the easiest bet I made in my life

majicdonjuan and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

You can click on the no votes and find out.
    :D

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Cleverly disguised Alpy doesn't make his teammates better thread.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's the big question isn't it? Will he have the massive "3rd year leap" his faithful are pinning all their hopes on or will it be more of the same?

I'm honestly hoping that he magically turns into the superstar some think he's going to be because I really don't want to have to go through another offseason where people keep making excuses for him, telling us how he's really 19 despite his actual age, telling us how we just need to wait for the "4th year leap".

I truly hope he finally becomes a quality player for the sake of his spinsters if nothing else. Give those poor, dedicated souls some time to rest.

As to the Rockets fate being tied to Jalen, that doesn't have to be true. With better options at the SG on the roster and Silas no longer here, it's possible that he won't be allowed to put forth no effort on defense whatsoever and shoot the team out of games quite as often as he has been allowed to his entire career.

Now, Udoka's best friend Dillon Brooks will have the honor of shooting the team out of games.