1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] *PERSONALLY* Which acquisition will you remember the most

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by risemeyer, Jul 13, 2013.

?

Which acquisition had a larger affect/do you think you will remember the most

1. James Harden Trade

111 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Free Agency with Dwight Howard

130 vote(s)
    53.9%
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Although the Dwight saga was more prolonged and had more coverage, the Harden trade was more memorable for me. In an incredible watershed moment, the Rockets catapulted from a possible bottom 5 team to a playoff team, all of our wheeling and dealing was justified and Morey was finally vindicated.

I don't want to say that Dwight's signing was a foregone conclusion, but it really is ridiculous how many of our pieces were in order. Harden was a bombshell that finally shut the league up.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Larger effect was Harden. He is more valuable than Dwight imo, and he is what brought Dwight. But getting him was all of a sudden. Morey wasn't informing anyone until the trigger was pulled.

Remembering, it will be Dwight. Dwight had 0% chance of coming here before Harden, even with Harden, there was NO WAY Dwight was leaving LA, NO ONE leaves LA.

2 years we chased this guy, finally got him, made LA fans feel shunned by a player for the first time ever, AND made ourselves legit contenders.

3. AFS

AFS Member

The Harden trade came outta nowhere. It was a crazy surprise. The Howard signing was different, though, because we waited for months. Then we had weeks of spending time on this board pushing F5. We invested much more time getting Howard here, so I think we'll probably remember it more.

4. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

5. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

The 1st domino-- hiring Morey!

6. opticon

opticon Member

I was in the Dwight update thread refreshing as it happened. I don't know what shocked me more the fact that he was coming or that J.R was not the first to post it.

7. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Clyde Drexler when he was announced at a game with Tracy Murray. I think a lot of people were like "Tracy who?"

8. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I would've thought the obvious answer is James Harden's trade. There is no Dwight Howard in Houston now if the Harden trade hadn't been made. Fact. Getting Harden allowed the Rockets to become a destination team with high hopes for future championships. Harden signing = Howard giving Houston the consideration the Rockets team now demands.

9. conquistador#11

like a billion hits on one thread, freaking out after sources of sources of sources, definitely howard will be the most memorable. Seems like yesterday we'd be arguing over who is better yao or dwight. Both dawn the glorious red. let that sink in for a second.

10. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Also...

But perhaps Daryl Morey’s greatest move was when Daryl Morey locked up Daryl Morey to a long-term extension before Daryl Morey got Dwight Howard. Typical buy low Daryl Morey move and now Daryl Morey is stuck on a below market deal. -- some dude.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Tracy McGrady.

12. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I vote for getting Dwight. I don't remember the last time I've been this excited and anxious for a season to start. Gonna be a long 3+ months :(

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

The Harden move at the time was a shocker, but I know I didn't fully grasp how important it'd be for our future. I just saw it as a move that got us a young All-Star caliber guard who had never started before, much less carried a team. So in retrospect, we can look at it as the move which got the ball rolling, but in reality, it was a guarded excitement for most of us when it happened (the rest of our roster had plenty of question marks at the time).

The Dwight move, when it happened, was much more exciting for a number of reasons. He's an established superstar, he's launching us from good to great (we've been okay to good for some time now), and we're not giving anything up for him since we're signing him outright.

14. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I liked the Harden trade. I really, really, REALLY like the way the Harden trade turns out for us.

That being said, this Dwight signing with Houston feels really special. The Dwight signing is more memorable to me.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Reggie Williams

16. jocar

jocar Member

Without Harden, does Dwight even come to Houston?

17. jocar

jocar Member

During the Harden trade, I didn't know what to expect from him. Didn't know he'd blow up the way he did. So I wasn't initially as excited with him as I was with Howard, who decidedly put us over the top and into contention. Equally happy to have both of them.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Harden because it was so out of the blue. And Morey completely robbed OKC to the point where it isn't even funny.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lin, because that's where it all started.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Harden probably. That literally just came out of nowhere, no previous discussions or anything. We went from probably tanking to being a young team with a star to build around out of thin air. Even though I was a big K-Mart fan, that was still a very memorable night. The Dwight thing, we kind of new for months that Houston was very likely, but those multiple sources heart-attacks were pretty memorable to.