1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POLL: James Harden: Would you rather?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Jun 5, 2019.

?

Would you rather James Harden....

1. Plays the rest of his career with the Houston Rockets but wins no championships

48 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. Goes to another team and wins a ring (or multiple)

47 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

We've been "too close to getting over the hump" for 5 years now. The window is closing fast and you know it.

He's given 8 years of his prime to Houston, he's done TONS of work and fundraising for poverty-stricken Houstonian families, and he hasn't said a PEEP about only being given cancer Dwight and old CP3 in EIGHT YEARS. LeBron left Cleveland after 7 his first time around because of the failures of his front office. Could you blame Harden for doing the same? Yet he HASN'T.

So if you don't care about James Harden AT ALL as a human being, you're probably a sociopath and should seek help.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

LOFs here jerking it every chance they get. Next we'll see a thread, "how many rings will Jerry Lin win before Harden"

That said, Morey is so overrated here. Besides landing Harden in a lucky trade he's got no finals appearance for show in the last decade he's been here. Harden has his faults but Morey is equally at fault for failing him every season by shackling the team with bad contracts.

Ever since Harden arrived, Morey has had to deal our 1st rounders to get rid of bad contracts. Lin, Ryno and most likely CP3 soon.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I think you are the one who needs help. Im not going to sit here a yield to the notion that I have to be a fan of his if he leaves on bad terms. Buzz off dude. I dont know James Harden to know whether I care about him as person or not.

I can respect his body of work and philanthropy without forfeiting my teams championship aspirations.

The window is not closed and you know it. Realistically the window has been 3 years, with the peak year being last year. The 2015 WC finals does not count. We only won one game. Lol. Plus we are still competing with GS. With the right talent that window can be extened.

If you have it made up in your mind that you wouldn't blame or be mad for him wanting to leave....that doesnt mean I have to be.

Do not the Rockets fan base deserve a championship as well as James Harden?

Maybe if you don't like the Rockets as an organization you're a sociopath and should seek help.

4. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

Go get your ring James and be appreciated.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You're tremendously stupid and it hurts. Please re-read my comments and come back with a different thesis that makes sense and doesn't twist my words. Thanks.

6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I know, I'm groupimg all you crazies together. You do understand that it is ok to have a difference in opinion.

Thats doesn't make anyone stupid, but except you now, resorting to name calling. Lol

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm not calling you stupid because you disagree with me. I'm calling you stupid because you can't take plain English without twisting it to your preferred perception.

8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Look who is talking. Thats the pot calling the kettle black.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Game7

Game7 Member

I would rather die, ok? This poll sucks! Hahaha

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

It all depends on what they do afterwards, but yes, the track record isn't good.

This was why Cuban did what he did. He believed that you needed to get a unicorn, and he constantly reached in the draft to get one (he also felt, with some merit, that for role players, it was easier to get veterans to fill that role, as you knew a lot more about what you were getting). Teams that succeed are often the ones that find the unicorn. It's hard enough to do once. Doing it twice is even harder. It would only really work if a great package were received for Harden. Or a very low draft pick in a year that that really mattered. Or, in the Pelican's case...you end up possibly with both of those things.

The other way to do it is to just constantly strive to get better, and if you get enough better, you become a championship contender. This was how the Rockets did it...but it is what allowed them to get a unicorn. it could take years, to never, to get another one.

11. CALI_MOST_WANTD

At first I thought this was a would you rather if I was James Harden. But this is easy. I rather he retires a Rocket.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets, or any other team for that matter, will never win a ring with Harden as the star.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Funny the different perspectives people seem to have on this subject. I like Harden, but if there is a reason to trade him, it isn't so that he has a better chance to win a championship somewhere else -- it'd be so the Rockets have a better chance to win a championship with someone else. I have nothing against him as a person or a player, but I don't see how the Rockets can win a ring without getting better and I don't see how they get better. Maybe Morey pulls a rabbit out of his hat, but at this point I think we're better off foreclosing on the option, moving on to sucking, and get back to winning that much sooner. If Harden uses that opportunity to win a championship with some other city, good on him, but it doesn't really matter.

harold bingo likes this.
  14. deshen

deshen Member

where is the option that Morey will trade Harden for another star, and both rockets or Harden still have no championship? assume Morey won't trade Harden for draft picks.