1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POLL: James Harden: Would you rather?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Von Rafer, Jun 5, 2019.

?

Would you rather James Harden....

1. Plays the rest of his career with the Houston Rockets but wins no championships

48 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. Goes to another team and wins a ring (or multiple)

47 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Obviously, we all want James to lead the Rockets to a championship.
    However, if this is not in the cards, would you rather Harden retire a Rocket with no rings, or go elsewhere and get a championship for his legacy?

I'm making this thread/poll because I struggle with this question myself as a Rockets and Harden fan, and we're at a fork in the road moment of this Rockets era. This is hypothetical, I know beard won't be traded, but our ability to win a title is in serious doubt.

Jayzers_100 and HP3 like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

You really need an option for "Goes to another team, but the Rockets win one or more titles without him."

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a Harden fan, so I would stop following anything he does if he joins another team, probably will take a glimpse or two.

If he stays a Rocket, I am going to watch what he does for certain.

Barring a series of Unfortunate Events, he would still have 2-3 great years in terms of stats.

#3 daywalker02, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    T for 3 likes this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't see how anyone would take the first option. If you know for a fact (as this poll suggests) that Harden wins 0 rings staying in Houston for years to come...why do you want him to stay here? Seems like a no brainer.

kjayp and jcf like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't root for the team named James Harden.

I root for the Houston Rockets.

This is a garbage poll.

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Seeing how on his personal development he is so dedicated and works continuously to improve his game, and leads his team on the court and by example (vocal, rarely misses games, always at the practice - sometimes staying late or coming in early, good locker room presence, etc.), I want him to win a championship. Doesn't matter how. WHICH is why our window of opportunity is so small. Honestly, if we don't win a championship in the next two seasons with Harden's current level of dedication and he asks for a trade, I won't blame him.

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Go away. Dont even bring this up.

No fork in the road we just need to win, period. Unless he ask, its better to not even think about. Then if he ever does...he'll have mcgrady status here with me.

8. alethios

alethios Member

None of the above.

The only realistic place Harden can go and win a ring is GSW. No other team offers him that chance currently.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Ehh I dunno.

You tell me right now he plays out his current contract here, we get a few more top 10 MVP seasons, make 2-3 more deep runs, but don’t break through.... I think I take that.

Now if we’re talking about keeping him until he’s late into his 30s and and we only get 1 more MVPish season and only 1 more real run, I’d say let’s just end it now.

And of course, you add the Harden leaves and we are guaranteed a title shortly after option and that’s what I’m taking.

10. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

That's not realistic at all lol.

How have teams been after LeBron, KD or Kawhi leave?

BigggReddd likes this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

So your first poll option means we are guaranteed to never win a championship the rest of Harden's career. So that's out.

At least the second options there's a chance we could theoretically win one. So that's it.

JuanValdez and jcf like this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

We should move on if he's not getting us any championships.

13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This is silly. If you dont win with Harden in the next few years....and we are not tanking, which we haven't done since Yao Ming. Who will we win with? K Leonard is never coming here. Morey passed him up for M.Morris.

Any young player wont be nearly as skilled or expirienced. Harden and his Beard is a brand. Rockets wont let that go. We will hold on Harden as long as he don't mind cashing in them checks for the strippers.

Where would we be if we traded Dream away after losing to the celtics in the finals? These players need room to grow and learn as well. He will get tired of the critics and break through, and I want it to be here and wont make believe otherwise.

14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

wE JusT nEed tO WiN .

It's the Warriors, there's no "just win baby". We have to take down a top 3 dynasty in NBA history. I don't get how you can act like a scorned lover after 8+ seasons of a superstar dedicating his prime to your team. We should be better than douchey Spurs fans in that regard.

BigggReddd and True Rocket like this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I dont give credit for trying my guy.

If he not good enough to win it here with all these tries and superstars (he cant seem to get along with), how he going to win it anywhere else?

Spurs franchise is legit and the fans are legit. Only douche is Leonard for being butt hurt over what another player said and taking it out on the whole franchise and fan base.

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I know you me to be nice, but its a silly question and a silly poll. By the time Harden finishes is contract he will be leaning towards the back end of his career.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I respect James for elevating the Rockets from a third tier backwater has-been (thanks Tracy) to a story the media talks about.

There are disappointments and heartbreaks, but nothing like the post-Dream 1st round shitshows Houston has experienced for the last 20 years.

Not sure why some people here are spoiled...

Jayzers_100, CCity Zero and Von Rafer like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if the front office **** around trying to get under the taxline again i'm all for letting james loose somewhere else instead of wasting away his career

19. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I think I found a mole :D

Also, superstarsss? Harden had one year of prime CP3, and in hindsight, Dwight was not a superstar with the Rockets. The best Dwight season was the one he missed 41 games.

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I mean... This seems like bad for Houston either way.

But if for certain I knew houston wouldn't win regardless,.... I'd have to see Harden get some chips over more GSWs chips. I mean if I had to decide, because Harden deserves to win. So as long as not with lakers/nyk/utah/GSWs etc. , I think I'd be happy he got one but... I'd def prefer him doing it with houston

#20 CCity Zero, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019