1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Have the Rockets met your expectations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theWIGMAN, Apr 10, 2004.

?

Have the Rockets met your expectations?

1. exceeded expectations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. met expectations

40 vote(s)
    75.5%
  3. failed to meet expectations

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

This poll was inspired by Daoshi's post HERE .

Is making the play-offs enough for you ... or did/do you want more?

2. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

They made the playoffs which is what most of us thought was possible last year. I'm very happy that they're in but after watching their ups and downs I believe their stay in the playoffs might be short indeed.
    As Hakeem said after the Rox exit in the '93 playoffs to Seattle "We go from here" I believe that this is just the beginning of many playoffs for the Rox and what all of us want for the team and especially Houston, another Larry O'Brien Trophy.

Now that they're in we should do our part to show up to the games and support the hell out of our team but mostly to think positively and enjoy them getting past the first round.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Making the playoffs is a goal for any team trying to build itself into a contender. I'm just not sure I'm as impressed with the feat now that it's actually happened as I would have been at the start of the season because it seems to me that the Rockets did not make much progress this season over last season, the bottom of the west just weakened up enough so that the Rockets could make the playoffs this time around with the same effort. They certainly didn't grab the bull by the horns and make a statement the way they limped down the stretch in March and April (always a bad sign as any follower of the NBA knows. Save your 1995 references because that's the exception not the norm and this Rockets bunch clearly does not have the heart of a champion). The team's record against the western conference this year is as pathetic as usual and is the most telling stat when assessing the team's progress this year. So I'm glad they're in, but I'm not sure it should be viewed as a step forward. Barring a miracle playoff run, I still think you'll see major personnel changes in the off season and with a guy like Van Gundy, you may see major personnel changes even if the team does make some noise in the playoffs.

4. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

I figure this team for a 6th, 7th or 8th seed. and thats what they are.