1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

<Poll> Hartenstein is emerging as a superstar...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Dec 31, 2019.

?

Why is Hartenstein emerging as a super star?

1. He will dominate the 2020's solely because of Williamson's undying faith in him and uncanny scouting

42 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. He will dominate the 2020's solely because RocketOrg let it be known how bad a judge of talent he is

18 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Neither. Hartenstein was destined for greatness regardless of both of you idiots.

92 vote(s)
    71.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yea i'm on board with bertans. i'd be against trading house, hartenstein, and clemons for him tho. we need to keep some youth and maintain our depth. bertans is expiring and wizards are going nowhere so any sort of draft compensation and they'd bite. i'm sure wizards would be willing to part with him just for nene + thabo + 2nd round pick or something

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Your offer feels a bit light. If he doesn't come here, he will go to team trying to make some noise in the playoffs. I think he'll get a huge contract this summer. Look at what Bodanovic got. I could see OKC and Dallas making a really nice trade offer.

3. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

hartenstein is only 21 so he's still far from being a finished product. really hope we keep him for the next several years once he starts hitting his early prime because his game really translates well to our system.

he was projected as a first round pick and had potential to be a lottery pick if he entered the draft a year later. i honestly feel like rockets did him good by letting him develop with the vipers and hone his skills and confidence. under 20 yr old bigs historically have so much boom or bust potential... and i really think hartenstein is on the perfect development track right now. let's not trade him for peanuts please.

4. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yea it probably is a bit light. but i'd hope rockets don't attach a first rounder or any one of their young cheap, under team-control contracts just to get a marginal upgrade. save those to package for a bigger fish.

crossing my fingers that charlotte let's go of some of their glut of wings via buyout...

withmustard likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I get what you're saying, and we'll know a lot more about Harty in a few weeks. If he keeps this up, his value will sky rocket, but I still don't think he's on the team in 2 months, despite what we get for him. I hope I'm wrong because that means he's playing out of his mind.

I love his hustle and toughness, but we have a huge hole at the 3/4, and it gets much worse if House decides to disappear in the playoffs again. I just think a elite sharpshooter in this offense it what will put us over the top, not a back up center. If Harty keeps this up, then I'm willing to hear offers for Capela, but having both doesn't make a ton of sense. Come playoff time MDA tightens up the rotation drastically and at most, Harty will get spot minutes. I'd rather see a marksman get 30 minutes than Hartenstein 8 minutes, even if Hartenstein is the better player. We're not going to pay Hartenstein big money either, so might as well go all in with an asset that was nearly worthless a few weeks ago.

Morey is on pretty thin ice right now and he can't really afford to wait for the 2 birds in the bush with Isiah, even if that means undervaluing his potential and going for the known commodity now. I like Marvin Williams for vet minimum hypothetically, I just don't think it's enough.

To be totally honest with you, I'm not even entirely sold on my point. I really like what Isiah is doing right now and having a young player with a decent upside is really exciting.

FrontRunner and clutchdabear like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I feel the thread should be about if he is going to be better than Capela when things are said and done.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think half the league and all contenders are going to be after Bertans.

Blurr#7 and ElDobleK like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hartenstein has become one of my favorite players on the team. I value people in life that actually give a F!

10. fattz

fattz Member

Trade Capela for a starting full sized power forward —> Tucker’s value goes up as he gets all his minutes backing up the whole front court. With Chandler getting spot minutes as needed against longer players.

11. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Don't really understand why we can't play Clint and Harty together he's a solid 3 pt shooter , our length problem would be solved

brownxmas likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we did well even when faried played at 4

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

His defense is still prone to mistakes. Especially on the perimeter and fouling too much.

He's not a good enough shooter for both him and Capela to be on the floor

D-rock likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Some of y'all out here acting like Harty should be traded. But I have it on good authority that when other teams inquire as to whether or not he's available Morey be like:

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This was a good learning game for him.
    Embiid too strong for him. He has to learn to use his quicks and keep moving
    His hustle game was not strong enough in the boxing out. . . .

Rocket River

D-rock and Nook like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thank Goodness Clint had a monster game. I hope MDA doesn't bench him.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Looked like **** tonight

D-rock likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Disappointing performance tonight, but he needs consistent minutes to improve.

19. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

@Williamson blowing up D'Antoni's phone for not playing Harty some more.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You're crazy. Capela has earned the right not to be traded.

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.