1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

<Poll> Hartenstein is emerging as a superstar...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Dec 31, 2019.

?

Why is Hartenstein emerging as a super star?

1. He will dominate the 2020's solely because of Williamson's undying faith in him and uncanny scouting

42 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. He will dominate the 2020's solely because RocketOrg let it be known how bad a judge of talent he is

18 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Neither. Hartenstein was destined for greatness regardless of both of you idiots.

92 vote(s)
    71.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Wasn't "I see ya" Hartenstein shooting like 40% from 3 in Rio Grande?

Where are all of those 3's when we need them?

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Baby steps.

Remlap likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

I aorta say Mr. Williamson heartily miss a beat when it comes to supporting Isiah Hartenstein. One could feel the passion bleeding from every post. Timely circulation of news coverage on ClutchFans.

Predicting iHart's importance, like a team's vital organ. Pumping much effort during his minutes. Running the floor hard with cardio. Shooting with good strokes. Resulting MDA to a change of heart, putting him on court. Hartenstein's hard work and preparation were not in vein.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh yes. I mean it when I say that Isaiah Hartenstein has emerged as a...

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Williamson

Quality post.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Williamson

Good looking out.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

always good to see a player earn their minutes. hopefully he keeps it up!

kudos to the development system ...

D-rock likes this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like the name iHart.

iPod
    iPad
    iPhone
    iHart
    Tilman: iPay

hakeem94, D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

some random dude i played pickup ball with was a Spurs fan and told me Rockets can't develop players. it's kinda true... way too many players end up leaving this roster, joining some other franchise to become a starting-caliber player.

it's good that we can pick good players, but we just can't seem to retain them. Danuel House Jr. being the exception at the moment.

Morey did make a career with bold moves, and i've been pretty happy. but he hasn't found a way to keep and develop young talent.

like everyone else says, he's going to be trade bait.

if we trade Hartenstein for Robert Covington, that'll be hilarious.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We develop lots of players. We just trade them for better players. Covington was the only one we kind of let slip away.

Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I disagree with the fact that we can’t develop players.

Chandler Parsons basically got over 120 mil after he left the Rockets because we developed him here. Kyle Lowery developed very well here, same with Goran Dragic. And let not forget Harden. He was good when he came here, but he became an all time great during that time.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's my lazy editing. Its developing and keeping young talent. We trade em before they're in their primes.

Chandler Parsons is a good example. The other players, we didn't draft. So the other qualifying factor is drafted and developed, I guess.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, he wasn't.

Nook likes this.
  14. Williamson

[​IMG]

hakeem94, D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I would be shocked if the Rockets trade Hartenstien now. He is pretty much exactly what the Rockets needed. I agree that they need a 6’8 forward to help spell PJs minutes. But PJ has been playing a lot of minutes at Center so the emergence of Hartenstien will help that. I think that they will be able to pick up the forward that they need on the buyout market.

Side note, I heard on a podcast (or read in an article) that the Rockets are able to add more salary than what has been reported. They didn’t go into details bc things would be convoluted and difficult. Idk wth they were talking about but I wanna know more. @BimaThug do you know what they meant?

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree on keeping Hartenstein. Come playoff time we will be really deep at center. It looks like either Hartenstein or Capela will be traded, but right now we have 3 of the best backup centers in the league, and we play more small ball than any other team. It would be interesting to see Hartenstein move to the 4 and PJ to the 3. I'm not sure if it would work, but if Hartenstein shoots the corner 3 they way he did in the G-League, we would dominate the boards.

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

we just need to add a long, 3&D wing and we're easily one of the deepest teams in the league. we don't even need to trade capela or hartenstein. just package nene + thabo + trade exception or play the buyout market and see if marvin williams. batum, ariza, or jae crowder shake loose.

i'd be really hesitant trading any one of capela, hartenstein, or tyson this season given how big our western conference playoff opponents will be, and i wouldn't feel comfortable having hartenstein playing in his first playoffs as a vital cog. and i know we're gonna need tyson's leadership come playoff time.

if we end up trading capela.. i'd wait to see how things play out after the season is over and use him as part of a package to grab a 3rd star and not just some minor upgrade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s great to be deep but it doesn’t matter if we only play 7-8 deep. Need to expand to at least 9 during the regular season to rest Harden and PJ a bit.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I really think the answer to many of the Rockets problems is Bertans. I been watching film on him and he would be the perfect fit at the 3 for us. He's shooting 50% on his 2's, 44% on his 3's and almost 90% from the line. He shoots 75% of his shots from the 3 point line, and he is 6"10. Makes only 7 million and is an expiring contract. He also shoots deep 3's, which gives James and Russ more room to operate. I've said it before, I'd trade House, Harty and Clemons for him, and Washington is rebuilding so I think they would bite. He has to high on Morey's radar. Looking like Korver with slightly less accuracy and more height and all around game.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i hear ya. that's why i'm hoping morey can snag a 3&D wing somehow to spell some of pj's minutes and save him for the playoffs.
    for harden, he just needs to tell coach he needs some days off because we actually have enough guards to cover for him. hopefully we can go on a run and be in position to secure a top 2 seed early like in the 2017-2018 season and rest our players before the playoffs.

cmoak1982 likes this.