1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

<Poll> Hartenstein is emerging as a superstar...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Dec 31, 2019.

?

Why is Hartenstein emerging as a super star?

1. He will dominate the 2020's solely because of Williamson's undying faith in him and uncanny scouting

42 vote(s)
    32.6%
  2. He will dominate the 2020's solely because RocketOrg let it be known how bad a judge of talent he is

18 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Neither. Hartenstein was destined for greatness regardless of both of you idiots.

92 vote(s)
    71.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

He’ll get benched for a familiar scrub like Chandler or Tucker at the 5 when it really counts in the playoffs.

ksny15 likes this.
  2. Garner

Garner Member

PJ Tucker is a scrub?

malakas, eliefor3 and MorningZippo like this.
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

When he starts taking and making 3's he will become a folk hero in Houston. I'm looking forward to it. It would be nice if he can pull opposing bigs away from the paint and keep size and rebounding.

D'Antoni playing 2 bigs together may be a stretch but who knows. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

BamBam, hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Folk hero indeed!

Smacktle and BaselineFade like this.
  5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Yes! Just imagine how bad our defense would be, while negating all the advantages a 7 ft 3 point shooter gives you on offense!

Relativist likes this.
  6. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I bet he doesn't even see the floor the next game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Don't feel bad, 99% of the people that are praising him now were just as hard or harder on him before. They just won't admit it.

Smacktle, Rocket River and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice guy, wouldn't want to jinx it away.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Not really. We just have several extremely racist posters that hate white players at every opportunity.

As long as he’s playing well, they won’t post. Thank god. It’s going to be a shitty GARM when he has a bad game though.

10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I haven't picked up on that. I suppose it's there, God knows there's no shortage of irrational love and hatred around here, but there's a problem with that...

https://theundefeated.com/features/isaiah-hartenstein-nba-draft-2017/

For the record, I would have been fine had the Rockets moved on from him after the off-season he had. But he's been good for us in games and looks to only be getting better the more he plays. I hope MDA plays the hell out of him the next few months.

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No game highlights?

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Maybe this would make sense if he was actually white.

Denovo, 34to11 and D-rock like this.
  13. vator

That last channel (NF) doesn’t just do highlights. He does all possessions which is really cool if you have the time to sit through it. He has all 3 of these games uploaded. I liked it better than the highlight only stuff, but the videos are around 5-6 minutes in duration.

D-rock, RocketWalta, Easy and 3 others like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I told people this over a year ago on this forum and was told his dad was only half black, that makes him 1/4 black and 3/4 white

vator likes this.
  15. omgTHEpotential

35 points / 21 rebounds / 4 assists / 3 blocks and 80% shooting from the field in the last 52 minutes of play. Give him some of Capela's minutes. It would be great to reduce Clint's minutes to 28-29 and have him fresh for the playoffs. If Hartenstein proves himself capable of replacing Clint maybe even think about moving Capela in the offseason tu use that cap space on some extra shooting/defense.

#75 omgTHEpotential, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    B-Bob likes this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Our defense is bad anyways

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Putting aside that race is a meaningless social construct invented by humans and isn't really even a real thing since we all share the same origins; anyone who pointlessly discriminates against Hartenstein for being white would also be wrong by their own ignorant criteria. This is his dad, Florian Hartenstein. Isaiah would be considered bi-racial if you're into that sort of pointless labeling.

[​IMG]

And to be clear; race is a make believe social construct concocted by humans but racism is still very real because idiots believe in that archaic and idiotic social construct. And I'm out on this topic.

#77 Williamson, Jan 1, 2020
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. vator

Yeah lol. They should read a few articles on the young man. Both of these are good reads. I’m sure there are others. Sadly none of this should matter one way or the other.

There is mention of this very thing in both including being in situations where people were unaware of his ethnic diversity and made racist comments about black people in front of him or being surprised when they see his father and say things to him like “oh, you’re black” to which he responds “yeah”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/isaiah-hartenstein-nba-draft-2017/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...hose-life-abroad-to-prep-son-for-nba.amp.html

#79 vator, Jan 1, 2020
    34to11, D-rock and Williamson like this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

lol I thought the same thing, the guy should be on a all defensive team