1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Grade Stone's 2nd draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Jun 23, 2022.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Stone does very well drafting but he has to be great in FREE AGENCY. We need to sign Derrick Jones from Chicago(Small forward) and sign MoBamba at center, Buyout Wall, cut the players in the Wood's trade, and also trade Martin and Tate.

ArtV likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Seems good.

Worst case rich man's Cory Brewer and Channing Frye.

Best case, two elite and disruptive defensive role players to flank Jalen Green.

Avoided the fit issue with Sengun, and the redundancy of offensive playmaking.

Sets the stage to slot in Scoot or Wemby nicely.

Almost there, one more bad year and then off to the ascent.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

We got Jabari AND Tari? The rest of the league is gonna be sari they let them fall to us!

Ty very much

...Yes, I am indeed this lame

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

When you somehow walk away with the number 1 at number 3 you won the draft, at that point Stone had an A+..... I'm still shocked Orlando dropped the ball this bad... Don't get me wrong, all the projected top 3 players were a prize but the #1 was Jabari... No doubt.... No doubt Stone would have picked up Jabari with the #1 had they gotten it.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plus
    Minus wood
    Plus
    All those dudes we got from Dallas

matchesmalone likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

7. marinara

marinara Member

I think it makes sense for them, they have someone who can potentially be a first option for them.

with all 3 “ being so close” they look at what they needed and they needed a scorer.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Does it really thou? I keep seeing that they needed a scorer.... They need everything, Paolo is a bad ass pick up but cmon now...I don't see him as Paolo Banchero's Orlando Magic. Both Jabari and Chet are the potential franchise/cornerstone players they should have gone with. Paolo was going to be a sidekick to Green.... They don't have a Green thou...

jcmoon likes this.
  9. marinara

marinara Member

Ci
    Compared to the other 2 as a first option scorer he has more tools as of now.

overall who knows will be the more effective player out of the 3 in terms of winning basketball games.

Eye test tho Paolo easily looks most likely to transfer into a all star level scorer at least IMO.

Like you said they don’t have Green. We have our first option. Jabari probably makes the most sense and is probably the “ safest option “ I didn’t even care who we got as long as it was 1/3 we were always going to be winners after the draft especially being 3rd we got the one who was remaining and it’ll be talked about if Magic took the right player which you stated already.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Gonna give it an A-

Could go up or down I think Eason and Smith are definite keepers, not sold on Ty Ty.

DD

Dobbizzle and pr0wler like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Likely he will score more just based on touches and being their go to guy, I don't think anyone thought Houston would be walking away with Jabari thou. Reason? They were picking 3rd and Jabari was a lock at 1 or 2 for a reason..... Looks like OKC had already promised Chet the pick thou. Will be fun to play Orlando this year..

12. marinara

marinara Member

Could workout even better for us as Smith who by all accounts has the work ethic and all the things you want coming into the league will now be even more motivated not being #1

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

A-???? Dude please STFU and get out of here!!!
    TYTy fell all the way down to 29 you dumb ass, what more do you expect ?!

jcmoon and pr0wler like this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

This draft was magic

thanks magic !

pr0wler and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

That‘s an easy A+ for me.

Getting Jabari is huge - but getting any of the top 3 would have been huge. I was a tad higher on Paolo, but Jabari is already an elite 3&D guy with a great personality and competiveness. I believe he can expand his game and be servicable at creating his own shots.

Tari Eason could have gone a lot higher - and fits a lot of what we need. Between him and Jabari our defense should now be a strength. And we get a lot of flexibility - whether we want to switch everything or play zone. I believe both new guys should also be useful as help defenders, when the other team attacks Sengun in the pick and roll game. On offense Tari is great in transition, which is what we do a lot - and servicable as a shooter and slasher. So he should fit right in.

And at the end of the first round we get TyTy - who was supposed to be a lottery pick or at least close to that in a lot of mocks. In my mind we need help at PG and TyTy has once dished out 17 assists in a game when he played full time PG. He can create for himself and others and hit the three and defend. I know there are questionmarks around him, but he is the 29th pick.

This team will be really fun to watch:

KPJ / TyTy / Nix
    Green / Christopher
    Tate/Eason/KMJ
    Smith / Eason
    Sengun / Garuba

We can also use an all defense lineup in:

KPJ
    Tate
    Eason
    Smith
    Garuba

I can‘t wait to see this team play - see the growth in Green, Sengun, Christopher and Garuba and see the fit with Smith, Eason and TyTy…

jcmoon and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

It seems Morey was just eating Stone ideas lol bruh still trying to recreate 2018 rockets lineup in philly while Stone is so much ahead of everything. I just cant believe that in two years bro created so much potential in our core

jcmoon, pr0wler and KingSamJack like this.
  17. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Stone pretty much got everyone he wanted but Paolo but I think he will live with JSJ getting him might improve the team way more then getting Paolo, I don't know if we will be bad enough for another bottom 3 we have Def now :eek: I still want Victor.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

What happened to the poll?
    it's like those banchero jerseys , I don't see it

19. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

I thought we could use Gordon to trade up from 17 for Eason. We got Eason and kept Gordon for potential additional assets in future years

20. Ghost5Horse6

Ghost5Horse6 Member

All you need to be a great Rockets GM is reading CF posts.

Looks like Stone does read our comments and took some of our suggestions (trade Wood, draft Eason).
    We are all GMs :D

slothy420 likes this.