1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Fastest in the League?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OrangeCountyCA, Mar 24, 2008.

?

Who's the fastest player in the League?

1. Rajon Rondo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Allen Iverson

13 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Tony Parker

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Monta Ellis

83 vote(s)
    39.9%
  5. Leandro Barbosa

44 vote(s)
    21.2%
  6. Aaron Brooks

34 vote(s)
    16.3%
  7. TJ Ford

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Earl Watson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Devin Harris

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. Other

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After watching that fast break with Monta Ellis to Azubuke, I now have to say Ellis. Barbosa isn't any faster than that. Those are the two fastest guys in the NBA.

When it comes to stopping, starting and changing direction, it's Chris Paul.

2. Mr.TripleDouble

Monta Ellis. His ability to just be dribbling the ball at the top of the key and then burst through the lane in what seems like a flash of light is incredible.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

i only count how fast people can move while dribbling. That is and always will be Allen Iverson.

Flat out running ? It's probably some bench guy we've never heard of. lol

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Barbosa, Monta, but I like AI a lot too.

5. engr chris

engr chris Member

AI is still the fastest for me. Barbosa is a far second

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Nate Robinson has legitimate TRACK speed and would win NBA fastest man going away, bad omission from the list.

If I had to pick someone to go full court with under 5 seconds left it'd be Monta Ellis though.

7. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

The thing about Monta Ellis, is that he never slows down on his drive to the basket. Anyone who has ever played basketball knows that when your driving on a fastbreak or whenever, you have to slow down close to the hoop to control your shot so the ball wont hit the backboard too hard and bounce off the top of the rim.
    Monta Ellis has perfected this extremely hard shot where he just jets it to the basket but never slows down and softly lays it in, usually not using the backboard. That is what makes arguably the best fastbreak finisher in the league.

8. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Aaron Brooks, Earl Boykins can be considered as well.

9. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

If talking about pure speed - I think it has to between Aaron Brooks and Monte Ellis.

However, im sure Ellis is faster running the break.

Didn't AI compliment Aaron Brooks on his speed... something like if he doesn't slow down.. .he'll trip him. :D

Miss AB :(

10. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Should this question be qualified with and without possession of the basketball? Latrell Spreewell was often considered the fastest player to get up and down the court while dribbling the ball, and he was a SG/SF. If you mean "fastest" to be the quickest first step, stop-start, from the key to the basket, then your answer is different.

11. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Last year it was John Lucas III. IIRC, he had set some record at some tryout for 30 yard dash. I believe he broke Earl Boykins record. I'm pretty sure that Boykins is the fastest in the league, right now. From my observations, I'm pretty sure that Monta Ellis is the fastest from the three-point line to the basket.

Side question, who's the fastest among players 6'6" or taller? My money would be on Shawn Marion.

12. kcagbor321

kcagbor321 Member

definately monta ellis

13. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I think TJ Ford is the fastest with the ball (assuming he's healthy), although Monta Ellis is super-quick. Parker is also fast as hell.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There is a difference between fast and quick.

I have not seen anyone quicker than TJ Ford.

15. Serg300

Serg300 Member

The fastest....finisher has to be Monta Ellis...he'll get pass his defender and finishes with a dunk!!!

[​IMG]

16. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I remember people were saying Dwade is the fastest guy when having the ball during their championship years.

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

years?

18. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

haha, i think he meant year, but if it was years, more like tanking years,
    Fastest player with the ball who actually finishes, and by finish, i mean get an and one or makes the basket is monta ellis, with barbosa a close second. Other guys like dwayne wade and AI might get fouled or simply blow a lay up after beating everyone down the court

19. KnockRaferOut

KnockRaferOut Member

mutombo's got my vote

20. DCWCMT07

DCWCMT07 Member

After watching him last year in the playoffs as well as the games this year I would have to say Monta only because TJ Ford isn't at full health right now otherwise my vote would go to him. In the game against us last Friday night he had that one fastbreak where he went full speed right at Battier I believe. He neither lost control of the ball nor did he lose any speed and was able to use perfect touch so as not to lay it up too hard. He has exceptional speed with or without the ball.
    Tony Parker is fast as well and being a great finisher paired with that only makes him that much more dangerous. AI is still quick, just not as fast especially in the open court.